1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 20:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which bit of what I posted about Islam do you dispute?
    Your patience with stupidity is truly amazing .
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 22:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Muslims seem to be preoccupied more with Sharia law than a personal relationship with allah. Again, I have never heard of a Muslim say anything about a personal relationship with allah.. They tend to be more concerned with political activism so they can institute Sharia law to achieve their utopia. Conversely, Christians are cognizant of the fact that the ...[text shortened]... ns and the persecution of the Jews.

I reckon it's Islam's turn to learn this terrible lesson.
    Nope. you're wrong.
    I simply have no faith in what you say about Islam considering your atrocious posting history and would rather believe other sources, including my own interpretation of the Koran.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 22:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have never heard of a Muslim say anything about a personal relationship with allah..
    If Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray, is that a "relationship"?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 05:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    My point is that whodey's preference for one religion over another is meaningless.to me, as is whether or not you think life ought to have meaning.
    What then would be meaningful to you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    What then would be meaningful to you?
    Anything and everything I choose to investigate and engage in.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 06:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Anything and everything I choose to investigate and engage in.
    So why you are you not prepared to investigate and engage whodey on why he has preference for one religion over another?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 06:361 edit
    So why you are you not prepared to investigate and engage whodey on why he has preference for one religion over another?
    Because I have been over the same ground with whodey many times over the last ten years. He seems to think that his liking for Christianity and his dislike for Islam creates some sort of "evidence" about each religion. This is meaningless to me. I know loads of people who prefer Islam to Christianity and think this inclination carries with it some sort of evidential weight, but of course it doesn't.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because I have been over the same ground with whodey many times over the last ten years. He seems to think that his liking for Christianity and his dislike for Islam creates some sort of "evidence" about each religion. This is meaningless to me. I know loads of people who prefer Islam to Christianity and think this inclination carries with it some sort of evidential weight, but of course it doesn't.
    Out of interest, what would your preference be if you had to choose between the two?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 08:26
    Out of interest, what would your preference be if you had to choose between the two?
    But I don't have "the choice between the two" and I cannot see how anyone ever would have such a "choice". Neither of them seem to me to be a credible revelation from "God". If, by your question, you mean, 'if they were both somehow "true", and "choosing" either one of them would be an equally 'valid' option, which tradition would I adhere to?' then I suppose I would probably opt for the tradition prevailing in the community/culture in which I lived and the one that my family adhered to. But frankly, your question is of the angels dancing on the head of a pin variety.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I don't have "the choice between the two" and I cannot see how anyone ever would have such a "choice". Neither of them seem to me to be a credible revelation from "God". If, by your question, you mean, 'if they were both somehow "true", and "choosing" either one of them would be an equally 'valid' option, which tradition would I adhere to?' then I suppose I ...[text shortened]... ly adhered to. But frankly, your question is of the angels dancing on the head of a pin variety.
    If one of the two was true and you could establish it by a process of elimination, which of the two would you eliminate first and what would be the reason?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 12:53
    If one of the two was true and you could establish it by a process of elimination, which of the two would you eliminate first and what would be the reason?
    Hey, not seen you posting much; where have you been recently?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 12:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hey, not seen you posting much; where have you been recently?
    I just got home, recovering from surgery, after spending a fortnight in hospital. I suffered a double fracture and dislocation of the ankle.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:02
    I think this is sheer, convoluted nonsense on your part. Try it on someone else. Perhaps try it on someone who you think has a similar mind to yours.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:053 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think this is sheer, convoluted nonsense on your part. Try it on someone else. Perhaps try it on someone who you think has a similar mind to yours.
    And I think you are wise to avoid this question because you would have to come up with something a little more profound than "I don't find it credible" as a reason for your rejection of it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:23
    And I think you are wise to avoid this question because you would have to come up with something a little more profound than "I don't find it credible".
    It's still contrived nonsense. Try something different. Or try it on someone different.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree