1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 11:03
    In another thread Josephw [son-in-law of the JW Roigam 😀], stated that what people need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have heard this before from several other Christians like KellyJ and when I asked what is a relationship with Christ, he was at first shocked that I, a professed Christian did not know what that was. When I tell Christians that the expression 'relationship with Christ' does not exist in the Bible neither did Christ or the Apostles explain what that was, they are similarly shocked.

I have started several threads like this in the last 5 years and no Christian, although they firmly believe that a relationship with Jesus Christ is the crux of their salvation, can tell me what it entails.

Why the secrecy? Do Christians really want others to know about their doctrine ?

What exactly is a relationship with Christ?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 11:342 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In another thread Josephw [son-in-law of the JW Roigam 😀], stated that what people need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have heard this before from several other Christians like KellyJ and when I asked what is a relationship with Christ, he was at first shocked that I, a professed Christian did not know what that was. When I tell Christians th ...[text shortened]... really want others to know about their doctrine ?

Christ was revolutionary in that he told his followers to talk directly wit God by calling him "Father". Others wanted to stone him for using such verbiage

When Christ was crucified on the cross the thick veil in the temple simultaneously ripped in two when Christ died. It was representative of the veil being lifted between God and man, brining in a personal relationship with God into existence.

Matthew 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split

All other religions are cold, dead, and distant.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 11:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ was revolutionary in that he told his followers to talk directly wit God by calling him "Father".
    Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray and do not attempt to do say via their prophets like Jesus and Muhammad. If Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray, is that a "relationship"?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 11:48
    Christ was revolutionary in that he told his followers to talk directly wit God by calling him "Father". Others wanted to stone him for using such verbiage

When Christ was crucified on the cross the thick veil in the temple simultaneously ripped in two when Christ died. It was representative of the veil being lifted between God and man, brining in a per ...[text shortened]... to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split

Ok, so are you saying that before the crucifixion there was no such thing as a personal relationship [ie talking to God directly by calling him Father] ?

Somehow that does not seem correct. Does that sound correct to you?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 12:38
    In another thread Josephw [son-in-law of the JW Roigam 😀]...
    There is so much fun to be had with this that I don't know where to start 😵
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 12:40
    Why the secrecy? Do Christians really want others to know about their doctrine ?
    I (and others) have been trying unsuccessfully to get josephw to state unequivocally whether he is a believer in the doctrine of eternal suffering through hell-fire. It seems that too is a secret.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 12:58

When Christ was crucified on the cross the thick veil in the temple simultaneously ripped in two when Christ died. It was representative of the veil being lifted between God and man, brining in a per ...[text shortened]... to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split

Have you given serious study to all these other religions that you deem cold, dead and distant?

(Rhetorical question).
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 13:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is so much fun to be had with this that I don't know where to start 😵
    For sure and the fact that he appears angry about roigams statement makes it even worse for him 😀
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 13:281 edit
    In another thread Josephw [son-in-law of the JW Roigam 😀], stated that what people need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have heard this before from several other Christians like KellyJ and when I asked what is a relationship with Christ, he was at first shocked that I, a professed Christian did not know what that was. When I tell Christians th ...[text shortened]... really want others to know about their doctrine ?

Son-in-law of Roigam .. where are you?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 14:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Have you given serious study to all these other religions that you deem cold, dead and distant?

(Rhetorical question).
    When people are trained to know the counterfeit from real money, they don't study the fake they only study the real.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 14:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    When people are trained to know the counterfeit from real money, they don't study the fake they only study the real.
    Have you ever worried that you might be exposing yourself to confirmation bias?
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 15:08
    How do you know other religions are not real if you haven't studied them?

Here we have a Christian deeming other religions fake, without objective study, and in Robbie we have a Christian rejecting the Koran as sterile, despite not speaking a word of Arabic and basing his rejection on inadequate translations. For example, often passages in the Koran have beautiful rhyme that is only appreciated in the original Arabic.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 15:13
    This is inaccurate.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 15:16
    Do you have an intelligent response to the opening post, or do you plan to contaminate this thread with more of your garbage statements?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 15:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    How do you know other religions are not real if you haven't studied them?

Here we have a Christian deeming other religions fake, without objective study, and in Robbie we have a Christian rejecting the Koran as sterile, despite not speaking a word of Arabic and basing his rejection on inadequate translations. For example, often passages in the Koran have beautiful rhyme that is only appreciated in the original Arabic.
    I don't look for anything once I find it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree