1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's still contrived nonsense. Try something different. Or try it on someone different.
    Well it seems I won't be getting anything more profound than "I don't find it credible" as a reason for your rejection of any particular religion. At least it was worth a shot.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:46
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Well it seems I won't be getting anything more profound than "I don't find it credible" as a reason for your rejection of any particular religion. At least it was worth a shot.
    Take the same shot with someone else and see if you can get it to be worth more.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:51
    I just got home, recovering from surgery, after spending a fortnight in hospital. I suffered a double fracture and dislocation of the ankle.
    Ouch! - how on earth did that happen?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ouch! - how on earth did that happen?
    Rugby, cup final. A guy weighing more than 100 kgs landed on my ankle with his studs. I now have a metal plate and about 10 screws holding my leg together. Guess I'll be hanging up my boots for good.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:55
    Rugby, cup final. Guess I'll be hanging up my boots for good.
    Under 16's or Under 18's?
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Under 16's or Under 18's?
    Nice one 😛. Senior team. Not quite a Vet yet.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 14:08
    Rugby, cup final. A guy weighing more than 100 kgs landed on my ankle with his studs. I now have a metal plate and about 10 screws holding my leg together. Guess I'll be hanging up my boots for good.
    Broke my leg like that playing American football, the pile landed on my right leg. It was broken in three places when was a kid. I was in a wheelchair for a month.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 14:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Broke my leg like that playing American football, the pile landed on my right leg. It was broken in three places when was a kid. I was in a wheelchair for a month.
    Very similar, worst pain I have ever experienced. Had to wait for about an hour for the ambulance because it had just taken a team mate to the hospital.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 14:22
    Bones get brittle as you get older...
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 16:49
    Very similar, worst pain I have ever experienced. Had to wait for about an hour for the ambulance because it had just taken a team mate to the hospital.
    I will not bore you with any of the stories around the time I was in that cast from the top of my leg to my toes, except this one. This happened before they got smart about casts, mine was a hard one, the last time that they took it off they used a hand saw. I started yelling you are cutting my leg, the Doc said, "No, that is the heat of the blade" My mom told me to be quiet he knew what he was doing.

I continued to yell, they continued to tell me to be quiet... until the cast came off revealing the cut running down my leg.

After that I felt sorry for the Doctor my mom went off on him.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 17:05
    I will not bore you with any of the stories around the time I was in that cast from the top of my leg to my toes, except this one. This happened before they got smart about casts, mine was a hard one, the last time that they took it off they used a hand saw. I started yelling you are cutting my leg, the Doc said, "No, that is the heat of the blade" My mom ...[text shortened]... g the cut running down my leg.

Best story I've heard in a while. Thanks that made me smile. 😀
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 18:26
    I will not bore you with any of the stories around the time I was in that cast from the top of my leg to my toes, except this one. This happened before they got smart about casts, mine was a hard one, the last time that they took it off they used a hand saw. I started yelling you are cutting my leg, the Doc said, "No, that is the heat of the blade" My mom ...[text shortened]... g the cut running down my leg.

Quality 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree