1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 05:46
    FMF: Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray and do not attempt to do say via their prophets like Jesus and Muhammad. If Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray, is that a "relationship"?

Originally posted by whodey
    Ask a Muslim If allah loves them.
    I doubt you have ever had a theological discussion with a Muslim, whodey. Here are a few verses you can checkout: 2:222, 2:195, 3:159, 3:148, 3:146, 3:134, 9:108, 3:76, 5:42, 5:13, 9:7, 49:9, 9:4, 60:8, 61:4.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 05:51
    I've talked to Muslims who say that allah hates infidels
    What did your version of Allah supposedly think of non-believers, especially if they lived on land the Hebrews wanted for themselves?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 10:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    My post about your apparent chip-on-your-shoulder reference to Ghost of a Duke's big brain had nothing to do with anyone's "fears".
    Yeah, sure, sure, okay.

The active word here is "apparent".

Apparent to you, is what you mean. And that's pretty thin, per usual.

One might assume you attack me for a reason. My reply to GoaD had absolutely zero to do with any "chip on your shoulder", so I'm guessing you had to be talking about yourself. I'm just saying you don't have to project your fears and insecurities onto me, that's all.

Either that, or you were just, you know... wrong.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 10:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've just had a look at a Christian anti-Muslim web site and it concedes that "Allah is said to love those who do good deeds (2:195), those who are pure (2:222), those who are righteous (9:7), and those who fight in his cause (61:4), the Qur’an is equally clear that Allah has no love for transgressors (2:190), ungrateful sinners (2:276), the unjust (3:57), or th ...[text shortened]... So that Christian web site has given you a few verses you could be getting on with for a start.
    I guess it's interesting that you "apparently" know about as much about Islam as you do about Christianity, which is "apparently" damn little.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I guess it's interesting that you "apparently" know about as much about Islam as you do about Christianity, which is "apparently" damn little.
    Which bit of what I posted do you dispute?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which bit of what I posted do you dispute?
    Suzianne's reference to my 'big brain' could simply be an acknowledgement that my brain is unusually big (and hence worthy of reference).

I'm inclined to think that is what she meant.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Suzianne's reference to my 'big brain' could simply be an acknowledgement that my brain is unusually big (and hence worthy of reference).
    No one on this message board has a demonstrated-every-day inferiority complex as big as the one Suzianne has. 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:40
    Suzianne: I guess it's interesting that you "apparently" know about as much about Islam as you do about Christianity, which is "apparently" damn little.

FMF: Which bit of what I posted do you dispute?

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    [...] I'm inclined to think that is what she meant.
    This is the post of mine she was apparently disputing:

I've just had a look at a Christian anti-Muslim web site and it concedes that "Allah is said to love those who do good deeds (2:195), those who are pure (2:222), those who are righteous (9:7), and those who fight in his cause (61:4), the Qur’an is equally clear that Allah has no love for transgressors (2:190), ungrateful sinners (2:276), the unjust (3:57), or the proud (4:36). Even more significantly, the Qur’an states that Allah does not love non-Muslims:" http://www.answeringmuslims.com/p/about.html So that Christian web site has given you a few verses you could be getting on with for a start.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 14:083 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What did your version of Allah supposedly think of non-believers, especially if they lived on land the Hebrews wanted for themselves?
    Muslims seem to be preoccupied more with Sharia law than a personal relationship with allah. Again, I have never heard of a Muslim say anything about a personal relationship with allah.. They tend to be more concerned with political activism so they can institute Sharia law to achieve their utopia. Conversely, Christians are cognizant of the fact that the kingdom of God has nothing to do with world governments, nor can be.

Christianity had a run with that during the dark ages of the Catholic church, but luckily they stopped mingling the wickedness of the state with the church by persecuting people all over the world through such things as Inquisitions and the persecution of the Jews.

I reckon it's Islam's turn to learn this terrible lesson.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 14:55
    Muslims seem to be preoccupied more with Sharia law than a personal relationship with allah. Again, I have never heard of a Muslim say anything about a personal relationship with allah.. They tend to be more concerned with political activism so they can institute Sharia law to achieve their utopia. Conversely, Christians are cognizant of the fact that the ...[text shortened]... ns and the persecution of the Jews.

I reckon it's Islam's turn to learn this terrible lesson.
    Your preference for one religion over another is meaningless.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 16:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your preference for one religion over another is meaningless.
    If truth is an illusion, everything is meaningless. So what is your point? You speak as if life ought to have meaning.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:54
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So what is your point? You speak as if life ought to have meaning.
    My point is that whodey's preference for one religion over another is meaningless.to me, as is whether or not you think life ought to have meaning.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 20:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    No one on this message board has a demonstrated-every-day inferiority complex as big as the one Suzianne has. 🙂
    Clearly untrue. But don't let that get in the way of your rush to judgement of anyone who disagrees with you.

And yeah, don't forget the smiley when you spit in someone's face.
    /eyeroll
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 20:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    My point is that whodey's preference for one religion over another is meaningless.to me, as is whether or not you think life ought to have meaning.
    "Apparently", what anyone thinks on this online forum is meaningless to you. Or at least you "say" it is. I suppose that if it were really meaningless, you'd just let it go instead of mercilessly attacking them merely for the "crime" of disagreeing with you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 20:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Which bit of what I posted about Islam do you dispute?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree