1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:14
    As the Triune God dispenses Himself into His people they "put on" the new man. That is a new humanity - a humanity mingled with Christ.

"And have put on the new man, which is being renewed unto full knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

Where ...
    [in this new man] there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave , free man, but Christ is all and in all." (Col. 3:10,11)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    Did you ever read how the Israelites rejoiced and worshipped speaking together and praising in the Songs of Ascent [b](Psalms 120 - 134 ?

There was much rejoicing and even proclaiming aloud God's word with great joy.
    You are seeing informal and rather unorchestrated spontaneous celebration in faith.

Part 2 The Lord's Table Held in Rome 2012[/ ...[text shortened]... rmission from
    http://www.churchinmontereypark.org/Docs/Hymn/EnglishHymnal/html/hymns/12.html
    I'm happy for you that you like it, I just wouldn't automatically think everyone else does. It appears a bit odd to me and you still have answered my question about the guy at the front who is bizarrely in charge of when everyone (at least the other men near him) sit and stand. It's most odd to observe.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:341 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm happy for you that you like it, I just wouldn't automatically think everyone else does. It appears a bit odd to me and you still have answered my question about the guy at the front who is bizarrely in charge of when everyone (at least the other men near him) sit and stand. It's most odd to observe.
    If that the only thing you care about ?

Give me the time stamp on the video of the activity which you find so bizarre.
    I'm pretty sure it is all in your imagination as I recall groups of saints here, there, and everywhere in the meeting hall standing and sitting.

It is bizarre that one person informally doing the calling of a hymn or the suggesting that all stand for that hymn is all you're concerned about.

Did you recall the Lord speaking about straining out a gnat only to swallow a camel?
    This is kind of majoring in very minor things and totally missing the more significant things.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:38
    If that the only thing you care about ?

Give me the time stamp on the video of the activity which you find so bizarre.
    I'm pretty sure it is all in your imagination as I recall groups of saints here, there, and everywhere in the meeting hall standing and sitting.

It is bizarre that one person informally doing the calling of a hymn or the suggesting ...[text shortened]...
    This is kind of majoring in very minor things and totally missing the more significant things.
    You posted the link for some reason, presumably to show me how happy you are in your church. I get that, I'm just saying that I found some of the chant like voicing and the whole sit or stand thing a bit odd. I'm not making it up just to upset you.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:432 edits
    You posted the link for some reason, presumably to show me how happy you are in your church. I get that, I'm just saying that I found some of the chant like voicing and the whole sit or stand thing a bit odd. I'm not making it up just to upset you.
    I see.

Well, I am reminded of Romans 14:17 about "joy in the Holy Spirit".

"For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and JOY ... in the Holy Spirit."

We know we are in His kingdom because of the "joy in the Holy Spirit". And because of the righteousness and peace which God bestows in Christ.

The first time I came to a Lord's Table meeting of the local church, I had never experienced a Christian meeting so centered on Christ Himself. It seems there was always some place for me and my problems, me and my spiritual career, me and my ambitions.

Here was a meeting in which Christ was completely the center. All self love and self glory sank in shame. What a way to start the new week. This is the first day of the new week - the 8th day - the Lord's Day.

This commemorates the day of His rising from the dead. It commemorates how we live daily - by "eating" Christ.

Sorry if I over reacted to you there.

Here's a smaller yet equally joyful one in San Jose California.
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 01:50
    I see.

Well, I am reminded of [b]Romans 14:17
    about "joy in the Holy Spirit".

"For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and JOY ... in the Holy Spirit."

We know we are in His kingdom because of the "joy in the Holy Spirit". And because of the righteousness and peace w ...[text shortened]... It commemorates how we live daily - by "eating" Christ.

Sorry if I over reacted to you there.[/b]
    There are many idiosyncratic habits that different denominations get into in the way they conduct their meetings. I'm quite sensitive to how the authority is distributed within a congregation. The older man left front row is in charge isn't he. Some of the other men won't sit down until he gives the ok by sitting himself. I just find these things interesting.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 02:332 edits
    There are many idiosyncratic habits that different denominations get into in the way they conduct their meetings. I'm quite sensitive to how the authority is distributed within a congregation. The older man left front row is in charge isn't he. Some of the other men won't sit down until he gives the ok by sitting himself. I just find these things interesting.

It is an informal meeting. And it is very much like a family.
    No I rephrase that. It IS a family.

Some of the following and leading you notice are tendencies of a family like recognition of maturity and example.

The local churches established by Paul and his co-workers always had a plurality of elders. There was no stipulation on how many elders should oversee a local church. But there was always more than one appointed.

There can be spontaneity in a joyful Christian gathering yet not so much as to be disorderly and a spectacle of confusion. The balance of spontaneity and order is how the Holy Spirit leads us.

This is seen much in First Corinthians 12-14.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 03:533 edits
    Brother Ron Kangus speaks on

A Church Life in the One New Man

YouTube&t=19s
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 06:081 edit
    Some of the following and leading you notice are tendencies of a family like recognition of maturity and example.
    You noticed it also?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 12:51
    You noticed it also?
    I have been meeting in the church life for many years.
    The form in which the meeting took place is very familiar to me.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 13:22
    So you did notice it?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 13:581 edit
    So you did notice it?

When I attend the Lord's Table meeting I do not gaze around for peculiar things to take note of. I focus on worship of the Lord Jesus.

In fact the first Lord's Table meeting I attended in the local church in NY very much was a unique experience. I was never so much in a meeting which drew my attention from everything else TO the Lord Jesus.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 18:173 edits
    When I attend the Lord's Table meeting I do not gaze around for peculiar things to take note of.
    So you didn't notice it but were in your earlier post, were pretending you may have?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 23:266 edits
    So you didn't notice it but were in your earlier post, were pretending you may have?
    In other words you are implying that I was
    underhanded,
    sneaky,
    not forth-coming,
    deceptive,
    less then candid ?

No. And I don't know how much mileage you're going to try to get from this rather silly "gotcha!" fantasy you're pursuing.

Are you cooking up some kind of complaint that the Lord's Table meetings on video were ruled over authoritatively in some tyrannical fashion by overbearing bosses ?

YouTube

I see brothers and sisters standing alternately.
    I see a brother hold up fingers which indicates probably for the reading of a certain numbered verse to the song.

I don't t see the overbearing person dictating standing and siting that you suggest.
    There is no one person presiding over that gathering as far as I can see.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 23:332 edits
    I am enjoying watching this Table Meeting again Divegeester.

YouTube

I don't know. Maybe you are projecting into what you see your own ambition to boss believers around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree