1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 19:21
    Romans quote answers your question.

But hey continue to bounce your ball if you like.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 20:16
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us

You don't forgive and God won't forgive you.
    Said the Republican, who seems to think that being poor is a sin.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 20:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Said the Republican, who seems to think that being poor is a sin.
    Are you stalking me?

According to the Bible, if you don't work you shouldn't eat.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 21:191 edit
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Let me ask it this way.

Rajk999...
    First what Paul calls scripture not what Christians now call scripture [something worth thinking about]. Paul says to preach, correct, rebuke because the time will come when people will turn their ears from the truth.

You have established what you believe Paul calls scripture. What I am asking you i ...[text shortened]... Christians now call scripture? Is it the bible without the apocryphal books? Simple question.
    Bumping Raj

???

You have established what you believe Paul calls scripture. What I am asking you is, what is it that Christians now call scripture? Is it the bible without the apocryphal books or something else, perhaps a bible version? Simple question.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 23:09
    Bumping Raj

???

You have established what you believe Paul calls scripture. What I am asking you is, what is it that Christians now call scripture? Is it the bible without the apocryphal books or something else, perhaps a bible version? Simple question.
    What Christians now call scripture? I guess the Bible - KJV 1873?

Dont understand why you are asking me.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 23:56
    Are you stalking me?

According to the Bible, if you don't work you shouldn't eat.
    How dare you judge them?

You call yourself Christian and yet you ignore his command to love your neighbor.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:12
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What Christians now call scripture? I guess the Bible - KJV 1873?

Dont understand why you are asking me.

First what Paul calls scripture is not what Christians now call scripture (something worth thinking about). Paul says to preach, correct, rebuke because the time will come when people will turn their ears from the truth.

What does Paul call scripture? What do Christians now call Scripture? Please explain what the difference is?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Tell you what. Let's take one passage at a time. I'll narrow it down to the text that is most pertinent to our discussion:
    [quote]1 John 3
    4Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    6Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.
    8He that commits sin is of the de ...[text shortened]... ll that is being said there is "we are not to sin"? If not, what all do you think is being said?
    While I realize that I am the one who brought up 1 John, and then you pointed out that these are not the words of Jesus, what is the point of discussing the opinion of someone who is not Jesus?

But, to attempt an answer, the text seems to say that if you are reborn in Jesus, that you cannot sin. Emphasis on cannot.

Yet, it still doesn't seem possible to me.

Now, this is twice that I have attempted to answer your questions. If I am wrong, which is probable, then please reply with 'your answers and how you see it', and not more questions.

And again, if you have the scriptures where Jesus Himself taught that not sinning is possible, I would like to know.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How dare you judge them?

You call yourself Christian and yet you ignore his command to love your neighbor.
    Yes I have, but so have you.

I did not when I rightfully said that if aperson won't work then no food.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 03:09

First what Paul calls scripture is not what Christians now call scripture (something worth thinking about). Paul says to preach, correct, rebuke because the time will come when people will turn their ears from the truth.

What does Paul call scripture? What do Christians now call Scripture? Please explain what the difference is?
    Have you read the Septuagint? There are English versions of it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 04:29
    Yes I have, but so have you.

I did not when I rightfully said that if aperson won't work then no food.
    Twaddle.

Answer the question.

How dare you judge them?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 07:41
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Tell you what.

Either cite passages where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" OR admit that you don't know of any.

If you do that, I'll address your question.
    Do you think that someone apart from Jesus has lived a sinless life on earth?
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 08:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Have you read the Septuagint? There are English versions of it.
    Well I see you do the want to clarify what you mean by a statement you made, nevermind then I figured as much when I had to ask for about the third time.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 15:20
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Good question.
    My answer is NO.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 15:49
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    It's a root question that I wonder if you would get an answer to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree