1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:02
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Give me an example of a Bible with one less or more book me tell me how exactly it changes the entire message of the Bible.
    Have you read the missing books?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:04
    You have just dodged my question and asked a question of your own. Is your answer to my question yes or no?

My question was
    Rajk and ThinkOfOne:

Are you saying that some people are good enough on their own to merit entry into the kingdom of heaven based solely on their own works and efforts? Yes or No?

Neither of you have given me a straight answer.
    I did answer dummy. My answer said this:

So nobody has to get into the Kingdom on their own merit. Christ died for all people, so whosoever does his will, can get eternal life.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I did answer dummy. My answer said this:

[b]So nobody has to get into the Kingdom on their own merit. Christ died for all people, so whosoever does his will, can get eternal life.
    [/b]
    How is you doing his will not getting in on [b]your merit [\b]?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 21:59
    Give me an example of a Bible with one less or more book me tell me how exactly it changes the entire message of the Bible.
    You want me to give you examples pertaining to your religion! LOL

Your opening post said
    If you believe the Bible is trustworthy and is God's revelation to mankind it means you have to believe all of it.

You have to believe ALL of it.

So - according to you - if the Pope's bible does not contain all the Books of your Bible he isn't a true Christian.

And similarly any Bible containing more Books than yours is .. what? Blasphemy?

What is your bible by the way?
    (apart from the glib "the one in front of me"😉
    and how did it come to be compiled and why do you put your faith in the men that compiled it?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 22:53
    How is [b]you doing his will not getting in on your merit [\b]?
    The death of Christ opened the door of the Kingdom to ALL.
    Therefore it is not by anyones works or righteousness that the Kingdom of God.became available. It is Jesus who died that paved the way. This is what is called the Grace of God, and it is for ALL MEN. All the good works would be useless if Christ did not die.

But not everyone will quality.

Your doctrine is about proclaiming your faith and that is all, nothing else is required.

I say that Christ said he will call the righteous into His Kingdom, and the unrightous will be cast out.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 23:34
    If you believe the Bible is trustworthy and is God's revelation to mankind it means you have to believe all of it. You can't pick and choose what you like. If for example you choose only to take the words that Jesus spoke and yet you reject the words of the apostles it means you may as well reject everything because it means you don't trust the scriptures. If you don't trust all of it you may as well trust none of it.
    so do you also have to take it all literally?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:083 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The death of Christ opened the door of the Kingdom to ALL.
    Therefore it is not by anyones works or righteousness that the Kingdom of God.became available. It is Jesus who died that paved the way. This is what is called the Grace of God, and it is for ALL MEN. All the good works would be useless if Christ did not die.

But not everyone will quality.
    ...[text shortened]... t Christ said he will call the righteous into His Kingdom, and the unrightous will be cast out.
    You are contradicting yourself on the one had you say that we don't qualify on our own merit and on the other hand you say we do, so which is it? You can't have it both ways. How does Christs death pave the way if you still get in on our own good works?That just doesn't make sense. If people can qualify on the merit of their works the death of Christ is pointless. You also claimed that people with good works before Christ died also got into the kingdom of Heaven so how does his death make a difference?

I have never said proclaiming your faith is all that is required. As soon as someone says anything about faith you conflate it with mouthworship. Why do you keep doing that even after I corrected you? Do you still think that faith and mouthworship is the same thing?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:281 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You want [b]me to give you examples pertaining to your religion! LOL

Your opening post said
    If you believe the Bible is trustworthy and is God's revelation to mankind it means you have to believe all of it.

You have to believe ALL of it.

So - according to you - if the Pope's bible does not contain all the Books of your Bible ...[text shortened]... )
    and how did it come to be compiled and why do you put your faith in the men that compiled it?[/b]
    You obviously missed the point of my post. Logically if you assumed your Bible is divinely inspired (whichever Bible it may be) you have to accept that all of it is divinely inspired which means you can't only pick the parts you like and dismiss the parts you don't like for example accept the words of Christ but dismis the words of the apostles. It's all or nothing.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 05:00
    You obviously missed the point of my post. Logically if you assumed your Bible is divinely inspired (whichever Bible it may be) you have to accept that all of it is divinely inspired which means you can't only pick the parts you like and dismiss the parts you don't like for example accept the words of Christ but dismis the words of the apostles. It's all or nothing.
    But you get to choose which bible?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 05:24
    But you get to choose which bible?
    No I did not get to choose which Bible, the Bible I grew up with did not include pseudepigrapha. If you have compelling evidence as to why the pseudepigrapha have to be included in the Bible I use feel free to share it.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 06:02
    No I did not get to choose which Bible, the Bible I grew up with did not include pseudepigrapha. If you have compelling evidence as to why the pseudepigrapha have to be included in the Bible I use feel free to share it.
    So your Bible is the correct one?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 06:12
    So your Bible is the correct one?
    Are you asking whether I know it is or whether I believe it is?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:11
    Are you asking whether I know it is or whether I believe it is?
    Knock your socks off!
    Both.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    so do you also have to take it all literally?
    bump
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:48
    Knock your socks off!
    Both.
    Based upon the limited knowledge that I have I believe so. Which book not included in my Bible do you think needs to be added to my Bible and why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree