1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    so do you also have to take it all literally?
    No the Bible is filled with poetry and parables, why should I take it all literally? I have not chopped off my hand or plucked out my eye if that is what you are worried about.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 10:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The death of Christ opened the door of the Kingdom to ALL.
    Therefore it is not by anyones works or righteousness that the Kingdom of God.became available. It is Jesus who died that paved the way. This is what is called the Grace of God, and it is for ALL MEN. All the good works would be useless if Christ did not die.

But not everyone will quality.
    ...[text shortened]... t Christ said he will call the righteous into His Kingdom, and the unrightous will be cast out.
    Those that do qualify, qualify on the basis of their own righteousness and their own good works? Yes or No?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 10:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Based upon the limited knowledge that I have I believe so. Which book not included in my Bible do you think needs to be added to my Bible and why?
    Why not start with the additional gospels that didn't make the cut.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 10:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why not start with the additional gospels that didn't make the cut.
    Why do you think they should have made the cut?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 10:35
    Those that do qualify, qualify on the basis of their own righteousness and their own good works? Yes or No?
    All righteousness comes from God.
    All evil comes from the Devil.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 11:27
    No the Bible is filled with poetry and parables, why should I take it all literally? I have not chopped off my hand or plucked out my eye if that is what you are worried about.
    How do you know which parts to take literally and which not?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 11:30
    Based upon the limited knowledge that I have I believe so. Which book not included in my Bible do you think needs to be added to my Bible and why?
    I have no opinion on what Books need adding or subtracting from your Bible.
    I'm interested in how you know/think/believe your Bible (we still have not established
    which one it is) is the right one.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 11:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    How do you know which parts to take literally and which not?
    Common sense generally prevails.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I have no opinion on what Books need adding or subtracting from your Bible.
    I'm interested in how you know/think/believe your Bible (we still have not established
    which one it is) is the right one.
    Actually you believe God doesn't exist and that all Bibles are nonsense anyway so there is that elephant in the room. So you pretending to be interested in which Bible is the right one clearly seems to be you trying to take a piss on Christianity. So I'm not really interested in entertaining your games.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    All righteousness comes from God.
    All evil comes from the Devil.
    Ok, if that is the case who's at fault if someone doesn't live righteously?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:12
    Actually you believe God doesn't exist and that all Bibles are nonsense anyway so there is that elephant in the room. So you pretending to be interested in which Bible is the right one clearly seems to be you trying to take a piss on Christianity. So I'm not really interested in entertaining your games.
    I read somewhere that there were dozens and dozens of gospels that were rejected by corporate Christianity in the process that ended with the synod that formalized the canon 400 years after Jesus was executed. What was wrong with those gospels? Why wasn't a compendium of many or all of them made available?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    I read somewhere that there were dozens and dozens of gospels that were rejected by corporate Christianity in the process that ended with the synod that formalized the canon 400 years after Jesus was executed. What was wrong with those gospels? Why wasn't a compendium of many or all of them made available?
    I wasn't there so how should I know the answer to your question? What I do know is that if the Bible is divinely inspired (which I believe it is) then God could see to it that all the right books were included could he not?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:21
    I wasn't there so how should I know the answer to your question? What I do know is that if the Bible is divinely inspired (which I believe it is) then God could see to it that all the right books were included could he not?
    Doesn't the "Then God could see to it that... [fill the blank]" phrase enable you to assert just about anything you want?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:271 edit
    Ok, if that is the case who's at fault if someone doesn't live righteously?
    God will decide who is at fault, or not at fault. But regardless of whose fault it is, the end result of a life of sin is damnation and a life of righteousness is eternal life, for all people, Jews, Gentiles.. everybody. God is not a respecter of persons.

For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:5-8 KJV)
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Doesn't the "Then God could see to it that... [fill the blank]" phrase enable you to assert just about anything you want?
    No.There is more to the Bible than "God could see to it..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree