1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Do you think maybe Kelly that when it comes to Rajk you find it difficult to read what he says objectively? (Due to your previous disagreements). Surely some of what he says rings true with you?
    There are some people GofaD, as you well know, who lack the ability to separate their emotions from the truth. For them its all about the support team, who is backing whom.. the Facebook mentality. Its good at times like when you hanging out socially, but not for religion.

These people will never get to the truth because the wrong person is saying, so they will disagree and argue down to the bitter end
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 18:16
    Do you think maybe Kelly that when it comes to Rajk you find it difficult to read what he says objectively? (Due to your previous disagreements). Surely some of what he says rings true with you?
    No I think when he suggests what Jesus taught and Paul, Peter, and the others don't agree, that we have to take Jesus over them. Suggesting that the Holy Spirit and Jesus are in disagreement. He jumps through hoops to ignore scripture that doesn't agree with him, even things credited to Jesus.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No I think when he suggests what Jesus taught and Paul, Peter, and the others don't agree, that we have to take Jesus over them. Suggesting that the Holy Spirit and Jesus are in disagreement. He jumps through hoops to ignore scripture that doesn't agree with him, even things credited to Jesus.
    As if the likes of you, FMJ, sonship, et.al., don't jump through hoops to ignore the following:
    1 John 3
    4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,
    neither he that loveth not his brother.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 18:45
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    As if the likes of you, FMJ, sonship, et.al., don't jump through hoops to ignore the following:
    1 John 3
    4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    [b]6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath no ...[text shortened]... il: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,
    neither he that loveth not his brother.[/b]
    True. I jump through hoops to stay on course with what Christ preached pertaining to eternal life. The important question for me is: 'How can I get into the Kingdom of God?'

I think Christians fail to ask that question.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 18:57
    Rajk and ThinkOfOne:

Are you saying that some people are good enough on their own to merit entry into the kingdom of heaven based solely on their own works and efforts? Yes or No?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Rajk and ThinkOfOne:

Are you saying that some people are good enough on their own to merit entry into the kingdom of heaven based solely on their own works and efforts? Yes or No?
    Tell you what. I'll answer your question if you promise to cease spewing the same mindless knee-jerk questions and statements over and over and instead actually address the points made in my posts. Deal?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:02
    Tell you what. I'll answer your question if you promise to cease spewing the same mindless knee-jerk questions and statements over and over. Deal?
    Well you haven't answered a single question I've asked you without doing a massive sidestep so I'm not holding my breath.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:041 edit
    Well you haven't answered a single question I've asked you without doing a massive sidestep so I'm not holding my breath.
    I edited my post. Please reread it. Promise or no promise?

Edit: How about adding that you cease making untrue assertions as you have here?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:061 edit
    I edited my post. Please reread it. Promise or no promise?
    Deal if you also promise to answer the question you have dodged about a gazillion times.

Do you believe:

A) all of the Bible
    B) the parts you like
    C) none of it
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    True. I jump through hoops to stay on course with what Christ preached pertaining to eternal life. The important question for me is: 'How can I get into the Kingdom of God?'

I think Christians fail to ask that question.
    I was thinking about the follow on from Romans 2:14-15 to John 3:21:

"Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires etc etc" and, "But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:08
    Rajk and ThinkOfOne:

You really do not understand the Bible. Here is a little multiple choice.

Who did Jesus die for:
    a. Himself?
    b. Christians.?
    c. Only Good People?
    d. All people?

You think its b. But its d. ALL PEOPLE. So nobody has to get into the Kingdom on their own merit. Christ died for all people, so whosoever does his will, can get eternal life.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:101 edit
    Deal if you also promise to answer the question you have dodged about a gazillion times.

Do you believe all of the Bible, the parts you like or none of it?
    C'mon, did you really not understand the parts about "ceas[ing to] spew the same mindless knee-jerk questions and statements" and "making untrue assertions"?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You really do not understand the Bible. Here is a little multiple choice.

Who did Jesus die for:
    a. Himself?
    b. Christians.?
    c. Only Good People?
    d. All people?

You think its b. But its d. ALL PEOPLE. So nobody has to get into the Kingdom on their own merit. Christ died for all people, so whosoever does his will, can get eternal life.
    He died for all people but all people do not believe in Him, He died that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Believing in Him is the first step, the good works follow later. You are putting the cart before the horse as usual.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:141 edit
    C'mon, did you really not understand the parts about "ceas[ing to] spew the same mindless knee-jerk questions and statements" and "making untrue assertions"?
    I edited my post all you have to reply with is A, B or C.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:19
    I was thinking about the follow on from Romans 2:14-15 to John 3:21:

"Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires etc etc" and, "But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
    Good point. Good works are therefore always the work of God, even when it is done by those without law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree