01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 15:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    All are divinely inspired.
    Not all are the words of eternal life.
    Jesus has the words of eternal life.
    Let me know if you want proof of that.
    So what do the devinely inspired words mean that say we are saved by faith and not by works? Other than we are saved by faith and not by works?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 15:20
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So what do the devinely inspired words mean that say we are saved by faith and not by works? Other than we are saved by faith and not by works?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 15:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you think Christians disagree about biblical meaning?
    I think most disagreements arise when scriptures are taken out of context in isolation and other parts of scripture aren't used to shed light on the matter. What do you think?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 15:373 edits
    Yes you've said that quite a few times before I don't disagree, now would you mind answering the question? Your answer doesn't seem to indicate that you have understood the question.

The question was what do the divinely inspired words mean that say we are saved by faith and not by works? Other than we are saved by faith and not by works?

Your answer was Jesus has the words of eternal life.

So you think the divinely inspired words 'we are saved by faith and not by works' means Jesus has the words of eternal life? 🙄
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 16:02
    Yes you've said that quite a few times before I don't disagree, now would you mind answering the question? Your answer doesn't seem to indicate that you have understood the question.
    You don't understand the answer.
    Tell me what Jesus says about eternal life.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 16:101 edit
    You don't understand the answer.
    Tell me what Jesus says about eternal life.
    In John 17:3 Jesus prays and he says: "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Should we just ignore this verse in the Bible? And all the others that state the exact opposite of what you are claiming Jesus meant with the words you quoted?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 16:153 edits
    In John 17:3 Jesus prays and he says: "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Should we just ignore this verse in the Bible? And all the others that state the exact opposite of what you are claiming Jesus meant?
    Eternal life is for those who know Jesus. Thank you.
    To know Jesus is to follow Jesus.
    Following means obeying his commandments.

But, you have a shallow childish idea of what knowing Jesus means. You have the church doctrine which has indoctrinated you into believing that only Christians know Jesus, and knowing Jesus means to say it with your mouth ... you are a mouth man ...

But here is what John says:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)

It is only if you follow his commandments, then you know Jesus.

The Bible is saying the same thing Im saying.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 16:451 edit
    I think most disagreements arise when scriptures are taken out of context in isolation and other parts of scripture aren't used to shed light on the matter. What do you think?
    The Bible is filled with inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner.

While you claim otherwise, you're one of the worst offenders when it comes to this.

To his credit rajk999 seems to approach it by looking at individual verses within light of what a given person had to say on the whole. For example, he'll read a verse spoken by Jesus within light of all that Jesus said in its entirety before deciding what that verse means.

You, and others, on the other hand, have a small collection of pet individual verses that serve as the foundation of your beliefs and read everything else within light of your collection.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:12
    Eternal life is for those who know Jesus. Thank you.
    To know Jesus is to follow Jesus.
    Following means obeying his commandments.

But, you have a shallow childish idea of what knowing Jesus means. You have the church doctrine which has indoctrinated you into believing that only Christians know Jesus, and knowing Jesus means to say it with your mouth ... ...[text shortened]... u follow his commandments, then you know Jesus.

The Bible is saying the same thing Im saying.
    You are saying people are saved by their works, the Bible says the opposite. If people could be saved by keeping the law Jesus died in vain. Yes if you know and believe Jesus you will keep his commands but that is not what saves you, because no one can keep them perfectly and all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The Bible is filled with inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner.

While you claim otherwise, you're one of the worst offenders when it comes to this.

T ...[text shortened]... erve as the foundation of your beliefs and read everything else within light of your collection.
    Do you believe the Bible is divinely inspired? Yes or No?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:241 edit

Should we just ignore this verse in the Bible? And all the others that state the exact opposite of what you are claiming Jesus meant with the words you quoted?
    His views are very disjointed, he seems to suggest that men filled with the Holy Spirit who wrote the scriptures are not sharing God's truth, but something other than what Jesus said. Now I think it escapes him that even Jesus' words were related to us by men filled with God's Spirit, Jesus didn't write the red letters.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:252 edits
    You are saying people are saved by their works, the Bible says the opposite. If people could be saved by keeping the law Jesus died in vain. Yes if you know and believe Jesus you will keep his commands but that is not what saves you, because no one can keep them perfectly and all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
    Jesus is saying what are the conditions for entry into the Kingdom of God, in a nutshell it is the following of his commandments, chief of which is to love your neighbour as yourself.

JESUS SAYS THAT. NOT ME.

John then says the very same thing .. follow Christs commandments and it is only then you know Christ. Paul was also crystal clear - that it is those who live righteously and avoid sin, will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Who enters the Kingdom of God is the correct question to ask.
    You fail to ask the correct question.
    You continually talk about being saved and you stop there.
    You stop short of eternal life.
    What is eternal life? How can I get it?
    These are the important questions.

All the Apostles imitated the teachings of Christ. There is no contradiction.

ETERNAL LIFE IS FOR THOSE WHO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY .
    ALL OF THEM SAID THAT.

Now if you were a smart guy [somehow I doubt it], you would examine the difference between:
    - being saved, and
    - getting eternal life
    Why? Because you can be saved and still be cast out of the Kingdom of God. [I did discuss this topic with you before but you ignored me]

Check into that, because right now you are swallowing the foolishness the church is pushing down your throat and you are ignoring Christ.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:32
    Look at how you've responded to my post.

Instead of reading, comprehending, considering and addressing what I wrote, you've responded with one of your mindless knee-jerk questions, because what I wrote is outside the realm of the dogma of your small collection of pet individual verses.

Spewing the same mindless knee-jerk questions and statements is pretty much all you do.

If you remain true to form, you'll continue with more of the same.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:33
    Does the meaning of 1 John 2:3-5 really not make itself known to you? Surely, as a Christian, you have spent many hours of reflection on such a key passage?!

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 17:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    His views are very disjointed, he seems to suggest that men filled with the Holy Spirit who wrote the scriptures are not sharing God's truth, but something other than what Jesus said. Now I think it escapes him that even Jesus' words were related to us by men filled with God's Spirit, Jesus didn't write the red letters.
    Do you think maybe Kelly that when it comes to Rajk you find it difficult to read what he says objectively? (Due to your previous disagreements). Surely some of what he says rings true with you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree