1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 19:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    People make up a lot of things on a lot of topics, it is what we do!
    When you are in heaven and you see your version Jesus will you ask him how the burning is going? Will you personally stop to consider all the billions of people he is, at that very moment, burning alive in hell?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:38
    Well the Bible is 66 different books, written by 40 or so people, over a period around 1500 years. I trust it when looking at the history of the world.

People make up a lot of things on a lot of topics, it is what we do!
    It is when, you convert these fantasies into a religion, and you kill people in the name of this religion, things become dangerous.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 07:422 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It is when, you convert these fantasies into a religion, and you kill people in the name of this religion, things become dangerous.
    Really, "you kill people" talk about making up fantasies. Small wonder "you people" are
    so full of hate and fear. My people believe if we do evil we go to Hell, my people believe
    we have to treat those that hate us, as well as those that love us. Your twisted view about
    others shows more of a danger to others than mine.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 07:46
    My people believe if we do evil we go to Hell....
    Surely, KellyJay, you - and your "people" - believe that the "evil" things you have done and will do are "forgiven" and that you are "saved" and that you will not go to "Hell". Or has your ideology changed?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 08:121 edit
    [/i]Originally posted by FabianFnas[/i]

Really, "you kill people" talk about making up fantasies. Small wonder "you people" are so full of hate and fear. My people believe if we do evil we go to Hell, my people belie ...[text shortened]... s those that love us. Your twisted view about others shows more of a danger to others than mine.
    You noted that I wrote 'when', didn't you? Did you think I included you personally?
    Some christians are included, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism, most are not.

It is when twisted religious fantasies legitimize murders I object strongly. Don't you?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 08:18
    You noted that I wrote 'when', didn't you? Did you think I included you personally?
    Some christians are included, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism, most are not.

It is when twisted religious fantasies legitimize murders I object strongly. Don't you?
    "... you kill people in the ..." yes, you included me in your twisted hate filled speech.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 08:47
    "... you kill people in the ..." yes, you included me in your twisted hate filled speech.
    Sorry, that was not what I meant. I blame my lacking skills in the english language. It's not my native language, you know.
    You probable know I avoid personal attacks as far as it is possible. I rather be a friend with people than an enemy.

Perhaps I should write:
    "It is when, one convert these fantasies into a religion, and one kill people in the name of this religion, things become dangerous."
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 10:09
    Sorry, that was not what I meant. I blame my lacking skills in the english language. It's not my native language, you know.
    You probable know I avoid personal attacks as far as it is possible. I rather be a friend with people than an enemy.

Perhaps I should write:
    "It is when, [b]one
    convert these fantasies into a religion, and one kill people in the name of this religion, things become dangerous."[/b]
    Okay, I will take your word for it, no worries. 🙂.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 14:213 edits
    The following passages lead me to lean towards the expectation that in eternal punishment there MAY indeed be different levels of punishment. And what is graphically described in Revelation 14 may be the worst.

(I am not too dogmatic about it ) .

Matthew 10:15

New American Standard Bible
    "Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

King James Bible
    Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 11:24

American Standard Version
    But I say unto you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Darby Bible Translation
    But I say to you, that it shall be more tolerable for [the] land of Sodom in judgment-day than for thee.

Ask the Lord Jesus to be your Savior. Do not be so curious to be condemned, rejecting Christ, to go and find out for yourself.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 14:472 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    The following passages lead me to lean towards the expectation that in eternal punishment there MAY indeed be different levels of punishment.
    Your version of Jesus has personally decided to burn billions of people in hell for eternity and you are ok with this. You say it is perfect justice. If it is true, it is an inexcusable crime of perpetuated genocidal horror.

All your lame pious pontificating means nothing once you actually stop and think about the carnage being inflicted of people. Many of who will have led uneventful decent lives bringing up thier kids and trying to make ends meet.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 16:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your version of Jesus has personally decided to burn billions of people in hell for eternity and you are ok with this. You say it is perfect justice. If it is true, it is an inexcusable crime of perpetuated genocidal horror.

All your lame pious pontificating means nothing once you actually stop and think about the carnage being inflicted of people. M ...[text shortened]... f who will have led uneventful decent lives bringing up thier kids and trying to make ends meet.
    Why spend so much time worrying about what happens to those who are unsaved rather than spending all the time making sure you are saved?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 18:00
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Why spend so much time worrying about what happens to those who are unsaved rather than spending all the time making sure you are saved?
    Yeah, it is so unchristian to worry about the fate of others. 🙄
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 18:08
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    And when you warn people about their fate because you worry for their part then you are a bigot so you never win.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 19:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You and God disagree. In scripture it says if you don't give a warning God will require blood at your hands.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 05:101 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester

All your lame pious pontificating means nothing once you actually stop and think about the carnage being inflicted of people. M ...[text shortened]... f who will have led uneventful decent lives bringing up thier kids and trying to make ends meet.
    So you do not count it at all a solemn matter for creatures of God to rebel against Him forever.

The "version" of God I see in the Bible is that the decision as to what happens to those who remain in a sinful unreconciled state before God is God's decision.

And expressions like "pontification" and my "version" you can tout all you want. I am simply conforming what to believe with the words of Scripture.

If your interpretation turns out to be wrong will you protest that you have no desire to spend eternity with such a God ? Will you elect rather to be with Satan in the lake of fire ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree