1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:33
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Why spend so much time worrying about what happens to those who are unsaved rather than spending all the time making sure you are saved?
    Sonship believes all these people will go to hell and be burnt eternally perhaps you should be asking him why he spends so much of his time in here instead of being on the street witnessing to them.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:33
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Why spend so much time worrying about what happens to those who are unsaved rather than spending all the time making sure you are saved?
    How would someone "making sure" they were "saved" manifest itself on an internet message board?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:331 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Will you elect rather to be with Satan in the lake of fire ?
    Did you not read my reply the last 3 times I answered this question?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You and God disagree. In scripture it says if you don't give a warning God will require blood at your hands.
    How much blood is your hands of those your believe will burn in hell because you waste so much time in here?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:36
    If your interpretation turns out to be wrong will you protest that you have no desire to spend eternity with such a God ? Will you elect rather to be with Satan in the lake of fire ?
    Does divegeester's difference of opinion with you, to your way of thinking, place him at some degree of risk of being tortured for eternity?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:385 edits
    The "version" of God I see in the Bible is that the decision as to what happens to those who remain in a sinful unreconciled state before God is God's decision.
    What a lame response. Is that all you have when an unsaved person challenges you on the nature of your version of Jesus? When they ask how is it a loving God who's "love endures forever" and who's "mercies are never ending" decides himself that the best thing to do with billions of people who reject his LOVE, is to burn them alive for eternity?

Read Lamentations: 3:22
    English Standard Version.
    The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end...

THAT is my "version" of the great God.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 06:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does divegeester's difference of opinion with you, to your way of thinking, place him at some degree of risk of being tortured for eternity?
    Good luck. It's a secret.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 05:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Bump for sonship.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 19:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Calling sonship...
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Calling sonship...
    Let me help you out. The man thinks that his words carry the same authority as Jesus's words. Anyone that opposes him is in grave danger of hell fire.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Let me help you out. The man thinks that his words carry the same authority as Jesus's words. Anyone that opposes him is in grave danger of hell fire.
    If that's correct then why wouldn't he warn me of that?

If it's not correct then why not just come out and say so?

It's very odd.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:15
    If that's correct then why wouldn't he warn me of that?

If it's not correct then why not just come out and say so?

It's very odd.
    He did kind of say it in a roundabout way. He is not capable of being direct and clear.
    He is the kind of person that talks more around a topic rather than getting into the meat of it quickly.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    He did kind of say it in a roundabout way. He is not capable of being direct and clear.
    He is the kind of person that talks more around a topic rather than getting into the meat of it quickly.
    If I believed in eternal hell and thought someone was in danger of going there I would absolutely direct, forthright and enequivocal. Perhaps he's embarrassed by his strange beliefs about it; I can't think of another reason why he wouldn't discuss something so serious.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 20:283 edits
    What a lame response. Is that all you have when an unsaved person challenges you on the nature of your version of Jesus? When they ask how is it a loving God who's "love endures forever" and who's "mercies are never ending" decides himself that the best thing to do with billions of people who reject his LOVE, is to burn them alive for eternity?

Read L ...[text shortened]... never ceases; his mercies never come to an end...

THAT is my "version" of the great God.[/b]

Read Lamentations: 3:22
    English Standard Version.
    The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end...

THAT is my "version" of the great God.

I include that revelation in my understanding of God's nature as well.
    I do not say Lamentations 3:22 cannot be true if Matthew 25:41,46 is true.
    I do not argue that the two truths are mutually exclusive.

It is often a test to us human beings whether we can trust what the heavenly Father says when our limited minds simply cannot seem to reconciled two opposite divine characteristics.

God has uttered both. As difficult as it may be to comprehend both - I believe both - His severity and kindness.

There is a TIME to speak of one attribute of God.
    And there is a TIME to speak of the other attribute of God.

You read Ecclesiastes.
    God does the right thing in the right way at the right time.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:27
    God does the right thing in the right way at the right time.
    Then help me sonship, by speaking the truth; does my difference of opinion with you on eternal suffering, place me at some degree of risk of being tortured for eternity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree