1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 14:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    You mean "apart from..." what I am trying to discuss which you are steadfastly trying to dodge?
    What if I told you I don't know. Would you be happy with that answer?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 14:37
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What if I told you I don't know. Would you be happy with that answer?
    I'd prefer it - if you came out with it in a forthright way - to the dull way you are carrying on. But even the "What if I told you... Would you..." routine is dull.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 15:33
    Originally posted by sonship
    Don't you think that if the threat of being burned alive for all eternity by some monstrous supernatural being was real and credible, that people would be flocking in billions to kiss its supernatural ass in order to avoid it?

This is how Divegeester thinks of divine judgment of [b]paying the penalty of eternal destruction (2 Thess. 1 ...[text shortened]... nal destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength."
    [/quote][/b]
    Instead of frantically firing scriptures at me in a sort of ad hominem barrage, why don't not you address the content of my post?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 15:362 edits
    So if you turn out to be wrong in your interpretation of certain words of Jesus, will you request to join the condemned ?.
    Of course I won't, I will grovel on the floor, licking its feet and begging for mercy, along with all the other poor bastards who are about to be ignited in a ball of eternal firey wrath and brimstone. And for what, for being wrong, for thinking a wrong thought, for disagreeing with your disgusting doctrine of death.

What a wonderful philosophy you have. How attractive your supernatural being is. I can't even call it god because if it exists as you portray it, it isn't God as I recognise him.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 15:443 edits
    So if you turn out to be wrong in your interpretation of certain words of Jesus, will you request to join the condemned?
    How many times are you going to ask me this? I've answered at least twice in other threads an once in this thread. Of course I won't join them you ridiculous man.

Supernatural monster: "divegeester thou has defied my servant sonship's teaching on eternal burning in hell, what have you to say for yourself now you can peer over the edge at the billions screaming in agony in the flesh-melting pit that I, even I the merciful, have deliberately conceived and created?"

Divegeester: 😲...... "errr sorry oh magnificent being, please forgive me?"

Supernatural monster: "ok, but just this once, next time listen to sonship, for he is the verbose but wise one"

Divegeester "phew
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 14:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    People are warned that if they drive while drunk the fines are high, and you could lose
    your ability to carry a drivers license. Being forward of danger and consequences are just
    a part of life.
    I've seen people get high fines, and lose their drivers license too. A fair warning is rational.

I've never seen anyone complaining from hell. Never will.

I've never seen a child being taken from the bogey man either. Because that is also an empty threat given for scarring people to obey the ones in power.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 17:21
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I've seen people get high fines, and lose their drivers license too. A fair warning is rational.

I've never seen anyone complaining from hell. Never will.

I've never seen a child being taken from the bogey man either. Because that is also an empty threat given for scarring people to obey the ones in power.
    So if you believed that there was a danger so horrific, you would keep your mouth shut and your beliefs to yourself?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 19:26
    So if you believed that there was a danger so horrific, you would keep your mouth shut and your beliefs to yourself?
    If you believe that this is such a danger and that keeping your mouth shut about it is the wrong thing...then what on earth are you and sonship and all of the other who believe in it, doing in here wasting your precious time when you should be out in the streets proclaiming it?!
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 06:411 edit
    Q: Why would you believe that? A: Because your parents told you.
    Q: Why would they believe that? A: Because their parents told them.
    ... and so on.

Same goes for the bogey man. Tooth faerie, Santa, Yeti, Trolls and Gnomes - do you believe in them too...?

I don't know anyone coming back from hell, telling us how it is down there.
    Do you?
    No witnesses, only a multi-thousand old book with horror stories...
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 10:411 edit
    Q: Why would you believe that? A: Because your parents told you.
    Q: Why would they believe that? A: Because their parents told them.
    ... and so on.

Same goes for the bogey man. Tooth faerie, Santa, Yeti, Trolls and Gnomes - do you believe in them too...?

I don't know anyone coming back from hell, telling us how it is down there.
    Do you?
    No witnesses, only a multi-thousand old book with horror stories...
    My dad died outside of Christ I believe, my mom isn't a believer either, but I'm praying for
    her still as she is alive still. Scripture is where my views about Hell come from. No one is
    going to come back from Hell once they are thrown there, it is forever.

The thing about Hell is that it was meant for the devil and his angels not us, we have
    Jesus who died for us, to save our souls. He came here for us sinners, it isn't the
    righteous but sinners He came for. If there are any that do not need Jesus' sacrifice than
    so be it, but I don't think you or anyone else has seen one of them among us.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 11:10
    My dad died outside of Christ I believe, my mom isn't a believer either, but I'm praying for
    her still as she is alive still. Scripture is where my views about Hell come from. No one is
    going to come back from Hell once they are thrown there, it is forever.

The thing about Hell is that it was meant for the devil and his angels not us, we have
    Jesus wh ...[text shortened]... s' sacrifice than
    so be it, but I don't think you or anyone else has seen one of them among us.
    "Scripture is where my views about Hell come from. No one is going to come back from Hell once they are thrown there, it is forever."
    And that's my point. Someone has written it in an ancient book and - bam - you believe in it.
    Do you believe in Santa, Trolls, Yetis, Gnomes, Bogey man, Tooth Ferie too? Why not? Samo, samo!

"The thing about Hell is..."
    ...that it is created by god, according to your beliefs. He has organized it. He is populating it with personnel. And he chose people to go there and burn forever, according to your beliefs. And you believe your god is a loving, caring and a kind god? Hell, no.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 12:29
    "Scripture is where my views about Hell come from. No one is going to come back from Hell once they are thrown there, it is forever."
    And that's my point. Someone has written it in an ancient book and - bam - you believe in it.
    Do you believe in Santa, Trolls, Yetis, Gnomes, Bogey man, Tooth Ferie too? Why not? Samo, samo!

"The thing about Hell is... ...[text shortened]... ccording to your beliefs. And you believe your god is a loving, caring and a kind god? Hell, no.
    You believe things written in books?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 12:421 edit
    You believe things written in books?
    When they are confirmed in other books with independent sources, yes, why not. Do you have a counterexample of this?
    When I read something, and there is only one only source, then I very much doubt it.

About hell - there are so many fantasies, some many extrapolations, so many makebelieves.
    Why? Just to scare people to be obedient.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 14:05
    The thing about Hell is that it was meant for the devil and his angels not us, we have Jesus who died for us, to save our souls.

He came here for us sinners, it isn't the righteous but sinners He came for.
    I see, and then Jesus said to his angels:

"you know what, this hell place is stoked! I reckon it's a good dumping ground for those I came to die for who didn't appreciate how much I love them. You guys can all come watch if you like?"

Your belief system on this is completely ludicrous as well as horrific and as well as a sleight on the nature of Jesus to the lost.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 16:55
    When they are confirmed in other books with independent sources, yes, why not. Do you have a counterexample of this?
    When I read something, and there is only one only source, then I very much doubt it.

About hell - there are so many fantasies, some many extrapolations, so many makebelieves.
    Why? Just to scare people to be obedient.
    Well the Bible is 66 different books, written by 40 or so people, over a period around 1500 years. I trust it when looking at the history of the world.

People make up a lot of things on a lot of topics, it is what we do!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree