1. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 01:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I know what is not right by process of elimination. Contemplating deeply these (spiritual/psychological) issues leads me to agree more with some ideas than others.
    But the dichotomy of right and wrong is fraught with danger, and it is because of this that I think everyone should work out their own "spirituality" for themselves (as long as it doesn't harm anyone of course )

"Work out you own salvation with diligence" the Buddha
    People love false dichotomies. That's why I stay away from them as much as possible, save for trying to get people to basically say "Yes, I am right. Which means all other options are wrong." because that's how people tend to think of their side.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:49
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    People love false dichotomies. That's why I stay away from them as much as possible, save for trying to get people to basically say "Yes, I am right. Which means all other options are wrong." because that's how people tend to think of their side.
    IMO it comes from fear. That's why I started a thread with that title. Boy was I naive to think that Christians would actually admit they are living in fear. Silly me
  3. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:53
    IMO it comes from fear. That's why I started a thread with that title. Boy was I naive to think that Christians would actually admit they are living in fear. Silly me
    Well...these are Christians we're talking about. They don't even admit that the character of Jesus is a composite of many other characters from many other world religions.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:03
    Well...these are Christians we're talking about. They don't even admit that the character of Jesus is a composite of many other characters from many other world religions.
    Yes, who visited the East and came back with teachings from there.

Others(on this forum) will tell you that there is nothing written about JC until he was 30.
    Whereas I have read many scholars who claim he gained his wisdom when he travelled East.
    And yet others that say he is purely fictional or a composite of other people.
    There is no way to prove any of this. (No CCTV) Ha!!

But I don't think it matters. Fictional or not he has had a profound effect on many lives, and where that effect is positive then I say "good" . Why not if it's not hurting anyone
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:08
    People love false dichotomies.
    John Ralston Saul observed that ideologues seek to erase ambiguity - and even dissent - by reducing subjects to simple either-or questions that deny any middle ground. "The imposition of a false question to create an equally false moral quandary is a strategy often used by ideologies to ensure the desired answer." Many of the religionists on this forum appear not to have any other strategy at their disposal.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:09
    Are you two sure you are on the same page?

Tweedle dee is saying Jesus is a fucticious character while Tweedle dum is saying Jesus got educated in the east.

You two should really get on the same page.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:11
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Are you two sure you are on the same page?

Tweedle dee is saying Jesus is a fucticious character while Tweedle dum is saying Jesus got educated in the east.

You two should really get on the same page.
    you should learn to hear-not just listen
  8. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:12
    Yes, who visited the East and came back with teachings from there.

Others(on this forum) will tell you that there is nothing written about JC until he was 30.
    Whereas I have read many scholars who claim he gained his wisdom when he travelled East.
    And yet others that say he is purely fictional or a composite of other people.
    There is no way to p ...[text shortened]... lives, and where that effect is positive then I say "good" . Why not if it's not hurting anyone
    While I do agree with you on the points that it doesn't matter what Jesus was in the scenario that there is positive impact. But when people are consistently hurt or killed because a book says they need to be, then that book should be considered a dangerous work. Whether that book be The Bible, The Koran, or any other work that people religiously follow to the point of extremism.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:16
    While I do agree with you on the points that it doesn't matter what Jesus was in the scenario that there is positive impact. But when people are consistently hurt or killed because a book says they need to be, then that book should be considered a dangerous work. Whether that book be The Bible, The Koran, or any other work that people religiously follow to the point of extremism.
    That's why I think it's crap religion.
    Even if you agree with the fundamental positive JC points, once you declare yourself "Christian" then you basically get tied in with the old testament and a whole bunch of other stuff.
    Like the Klu Klux Klan - who claim to be true bible followers
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:16
    you should learn to hear-not just listen
    Pot
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:18
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Pot
    Do you understand my statement, or .... ?

Pot??
    Can you make me a pot? I'll pay for it
  12. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:22
    Do you understand my statement, or .... ?

Pot??
    Can you make me a pot? I'll pay for it
    I think he's talking about "The pot calling the kettle black" or a variation of such. He's basically calling you a hypocrite.
  13. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:23
    That's why I think it's crap religion.
    Even if you agree with the fundamental positive JC points, once you declare yourself "Christian" then you basically get tied in with the old testament and a whole bunch of other stuff.
    Like the Klu Klux Klan - who claim to be true bible followers
    Or the Westboro Baptist Church.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:26
    I think he's talking about "The pot calling the kettle black" or a variation of such. He's basically calling you a hypocrite.
    If that is what he is saying then it's fairly cryptic.

I'm kinda more brown than black anyway......hahahaha!!!
  15. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 03:28
    If that is what he is saying then it's fairly cryptic.

I'm kinda more brown than black anyway......hahahaha!!!
    Hypocrite. The word people throw around when they don't have any arguments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree