1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 20:46
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    I would be happy to talk more on this in PMs, I don't want to totally derail this thread and the walls have ears, as you well know.
    Send me a game challenge some time. We can talk over a game of chess.

And i think this thread needed a little derailing.
  2. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 20:48
    Back on topic. A question for anyone. Do you think you're right? If so, why?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 20:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Send me a game challenge some time. We can talk over a game of chess.

And i think this thread needed a little derailing.
    Hitler did this.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 22:531 edit
    I believe it's arrogant to think that any one religion is right. Even within something as derivative as Christianity, you have so many different denominations thinking their slightly different version of the Witch's Brew of religion is the true one. They can't all be correct, but they can all be incorrect. I personally don't think some kind of perfect god character would be as humanly flawed as the one people like Eladar choose to bow before.
    40 000+ denominations of Christianity!!
    (Even the KKK )
  5. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 22:58
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    40 000+ denominations of Christianity!!
    (Even the KKK )
    Thank you Karoly!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But to admit you are wrong is to claim that you now know what is right and therefore not open minded. 🙂
    Besides, being wrong does not resonate with me.
    i have also said that what is right for me is right for me and no one else.

I have no wish to put my stuff onto others - unless they ask

Once again, when I speak of spirituality, it is my spirituality, made up of my own ideas and that of others, but distinctly mine.
  7. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:27
    i have also said that what is right for me is right for me and no one else.

I have no wish to put my stuff onto others - unless they ask

Once again, when I speak of spirituality, it is my spirituality, made up of my own ideas and that of others, but distinctly mine.
    Spirituality is an individual affair and should be treated as such. That's why organized religions are generally horrible.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:48
    🙂 Then there is hope for all of us.

Part of my work, in the field of mental health, involves clients with addiction problems, and humour often plays a vital role in the recovery process. (Although addiction does bring out the worst in some personalities).
    Would you say you have a slightly biased view of users because of your field of work?

(I mean you don't come across drug addicts that are just fine with it, you come across the ones that have problems. Is this correct? )

btw, i'm just asking, not implying anything ....yet 🙂
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:50
    I've always found mental health to be a very interesting subject. Partially because I'm a total nerd and love studying such things, and partially because it would give me some insight into how my mind works and the chemistry of it and whatnot. Along with philosophy, psychology is my favorite subject to discuss, along with literature and music and other such things.
    Buddhism is said to be a system of psychology rather than a religion
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:52
    My particular speciality is the management of social anxiety and have developed an effective strategy, which does require some bravery on the part of the sufferer.
    I applaud you sir. It sounds as if your job DOES contribute to society. Sincerely
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:56
    I wish I would have been scheduling appointments with you instead of the guy I had been seeing back in high school. Instead of trying to find what was causing my issues at the time, he basically just said "Alright, here's 4 different medications, I'll be in Germany for a couple months, see you later." and didn't give me a number to call him at. Needless to ...[text shortened]... was willing to sit down with me and try and root of the problem instead of numbing the symptoms.
    I find that recovered addicts can AT TIMES be more effective in helping people because they have been there and done that and are living proof that people can be effectively cured.
  12. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:58
    I find that recovered addicts can AT TIMES be more effective in helping people because they have been there and done that and are living proof that people can be effectively cured.
    I agree, it can be helpful. But yeah, hit and miss totally.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:00
    Agreed. In this country (Britain) services have improved greatly for adults suffering with mental health and addiction problems, but the services provided to children and adolescents with these issues is seriously lacking.
    I see psychology as just being in it's adolescence whereas other medical stuff has matured and been refined. Would you agree with that?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:06
    Back on topic. A question for anyone. Do you think you're right? If so, why?
    I know what is not right by process of elimination. Contemplating deeply these (spiritual/psychological) issues leads me to agree more with some ideas than others.
    But the dichotomy of right and wrong is fraught with danger, and it is because of this that I think everyone should work out their own "spirituality" for themselves (as long as it doesn't harm anyone of course )

"Work out you own salvation with diligence" the Buddha
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:08
    Spirituality is an individual affair and should be treated as such. That's why organized religions are generally horrible.
    Yep!! That's why I post here. It's not called 'Religion' or 'Christianity' ... lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree