1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 08:06
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Your view is shared by many.
    P.S. don't threaten me, my pals Ghost and Suzianne will come to my aid.
    Don't be calling me your 'pal' and hiding behind my skirt after you completely dissed me in your "Your God is Wrong!" thread.

I answered your question and then, instead of considering my answer, you just sat there and claimed I did not answer. This is not what 'pals' do. A human can only have so much patience before one must turn away and stop engaging those who will not hear.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 08:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I see psychology as just being in it's adolescence whereas other medical stuff has matured and been refined. Would you agree with that?
    I would. 🙂
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 15:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, who visited the East and came back with teachings from there.

Others(on this forum) will tell you that there is nothing written about JC until he was 30.
    Whereas I have read many scholars who claim he gained his wisdom when he travelled East.
    And yet others that say he is purely fictional or a composite of other people.
    There is no way to p ...[text shortened]... lives, and where that effect is positive then I say "good" . Why not if it's not hurting anyone
    Others(on this forum) will tell you that there is nothing written about JC until he was 30.

This view is too superficial.

First, economically brief yet very important information is given to us about Jesus as a youth. An important event in His twelfth year is recorded.

But in addition, the Bible is like a ramp of many godly and righteous people leading UP to the perfect man - Christ. Though we do not have all details about His youth, we know that all other biblical characters who were righteous foreshadowed the perfect Son of God to come.

So in the youth of Abel, we may see something of Jesus.
    And in the youth of Joseph we may see something.
    In the youth of Joshua we may see some precursor to the life of Jesus.
    In the youth of David and Solomon we may also see a "prequel" of Jesus.

Any positive traits of a righteous youth elsewhere in Scripture informs us of what the young person Jesus must have been like, yet even more so.

If you let yourself love Jesus, you will more and more see Jesus in every part practically, of the Bible. You don't see these things because your heart is cold towards Christ.

He poured out His heart for you. But your heart is chilly frozen towards Him.
    Read about Him and your heart may warm up and you'll SEE much more.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 15:20
    Did you all hug your Christian evangelist today ?

Look what I wrote to karoly goes for all of US, me included.
    The reason we do not SEE much in the Bible is often because we do not love the Lord Jesus.

The Lord Jesus is alive and available yet mysterious and supernatural. But He is the life giving Holy Spirit. If you begin to love the Lord who so loved you, your spiritual eyes will begin to see much more in the pages of the Bible. Me too. This is history to me and not theory.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 18:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    So in the youth of Abel, we may see something of Jesus.
    And in the youth of Joseph we may see something.
    In the youth of Joshua we may see some precursor to the life of Jesus.
    In the youth of David and Solomon we may also see a "prequel" of Jesus.

Any positive traits of a righteous youth elsewhere in Scripture informs us of what the young person Jesus must have been like, yet even more so.

Clumsy ideological devices such as these enable you to claim whatever you want, extrapolate whatever you want, and add whatever you want to the bible. Very handy. And you can top it off by insisting whatever you have conjured up "must" be true and either accusing people who balk at your inventions as being "too superficial" or, when you sense principled dissent, muttering darkly about "Satan".
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 14:573 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Clumsy ideological devices such as these enable you to claim whatever you want, extrapolate whatever you want, and add whatever you want to the bible.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No this does not enable me to claim whatever I want.

It does allow me to agree with the tenor of comparing how God spoke to the ancients and how He spoke to the latter believers.

"God having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son ...." (Heb. 1:1a)

He spoke to the ancients in the many righteous prophets and righteous men of the Old Testament. And in "these days' speaks to us "in the Son".

Abel, Joshua, David, Solomon, and others help us to know something the Son of whom they were all pre-figures.

Very handy.

It is useful to seekers of God that the former things were written for our examples.

"Now these things occurred as examples to us, ... (1 Cor. 10:6a)

"Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our admonition, unto whom the ends of the ages have come." (v.11)

Things concerning Abel, Joseph, Samuel, David, Solomon, and others were written to help the lovers of the Son of God.

It does not mean I can say anything. That's your excuse to shut your mind to everything pertaining to God.

And you can top it off by insisting whatever you have conjured up "must" be true

No, i do not insist it must be true. I recommend it as helpful to consider how the lives of young righteous men must have reflected the young life of the Son of God.

and either accusing people who balk at your inventions as being "too superficial" or, when you sense principled dissent, muttering darkly about "Satan".

Principled dissent can be addressed with principled defense.

And some people complain there is not "enough" information about Jesus simply because the information that is given they reject.

And, yes, Satan has a hand in this rejection.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 15:02
    One of the reasons I believe what I believe is because the reasoning of people like FMF are so bad, I know it is better to listen to the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree