1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 17:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    When people are trained to know the counterfeit from real money, they don't study the fake they only study the real.
    That doesn't make any sense. On levels!
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 18:06
    Originally posted by apathist
    That doesn't make any sense. On levels!
    Only by knowing the real thing can one spot the fake, you spend all of your time looking at fakes how would you know the real one among them?
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 18:23
    Only by knowing the real thing can one spot the fake, you spend all of your time looking at fakes how would you know the real one among them?
    You look for attributes. When you look for false government money, those attributes are preset. When we look for false gods, where do we find the definitions for the attributes we should look for? From christians! Or muslims! Or jews! Or hindus! Or buddhists! Or wiccans!

Some part of "faith belief" escapes you, and you let yourself think all others not like you go to hell. Shame on you, buddy.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 18:26
    I don't look for anything once I find it.
    So by finding a penny, and quitting, you deny yourself the possibility of finding a pound.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So by finding a penny, and quitting, you deny yourself the possibility of finding a pound.
    Look down to find a penny. Look up to find the sky. I don't know why I said that.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:08
    When you encounter God why look for gods?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:10
    Originally posted by apathist
    You look for attributes. When you look for false government money, those attributes are preset. When we look for false gods, where do we find the definitions for the attributes we should look for? From christians! Or muslims! Or jews! Or hindus! Or buddhists! Or wiccans!

Some part of "faith belief" escapes you, and you let yourself think all others not like you go to hell. Shame on you, buddy.
    To recognize the bad you must know what good is.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:33
    When you encounter God why look for gods?
    Basically Kelly you are someone who declares vanilla to be the only icecream worth eating, while being oblivious to all the other flavours on offer. What if the true flavour is chocolate. How will you ever know?

(The question is of course rhetorical. Everyone knows the best flavour of icecream is mint choc chip).
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In another thread Josephw [son-in-law of the JW Roigam 😀], stated that what people need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have heard this before from several other Christians like KellyJ and when I asked what is a relationship with Christ, he was at first shocked that I, a professed Christian did not know what that was. When I tell Christians th ...[text shortened]... really want others to know about their doctrine ?

What exactly is a relationship with Christ?
    /facepalm
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 19:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    /facepalm
    /moon walk
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 21:26
    Basically Kelly you are someone who declares vanilla to be the only icecream worth eating, while being oblivious to all the other flavours on offer. What if the true flavour is chocolate. How will you ever know?

(The question is of course rhetorical. Everyone knows the best flavour of icecream is mint choc chip).
    Do you struggle with math problems when you have the answer?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 21:28

We are not talking about what my favorite religion is, this isn't a what is my favorite food in the buffet type of question!
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 21:55
    To recognize the bad you must know what good is.
    What is good, Kelly? How do you recognize it?
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 21:56
    Do you struggle with math problems when you have the answer?
    Yes. Here to there is an issue.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray and do not attempt to do say via their prophets like Jesus and Muhammad. If Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray, is that a "relationship"?
    Ask a Muslim If allah loves them.

Not all relationships are loving.

The god of Islam does not love everyone, if anyone at all.

In that respect, the god of Islam is a distant and cold god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree