1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And what about this unanswered question:

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?
    We do things right to the best of our ability.
    That would include making sure we are not liable for any false accusations.
    If the abuse is true, let the victim or parents report it.
    It's their responsibility.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:35
    Originally posted by roigam
    If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:36
    So do satanists.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 21:152 edits
    They are not interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled, for them its simply a vehicle to troll a forum. They feign interest in the subject but in reality they are not interested in how it affects minors, or parents, or ministers of religion who hear confessions or the law as it stands or anything other than a cheap attempt to troll an internet forum. They have done zero research into the subject and remain absolutely bereft.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 22:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They are not interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled, for them its simply a vehicle to troll a forum. They feign interest in the subject but in reality they are not interested in how it affects minors, or parents, or ministers of religion who hear confessions or the law as it stands or anything other than a cheap attempt t ...[text shortened]... an internet forum. They have done zero research into the subject and remain absolutely bereft.
    Well I do admit that as well as how the child sexual abuse carried out by the Jehovah Witnesses affects the victims I am also interested in how the scandal rests poorly on your religious cult and how you deal with it here in this forum. And I have to say that in the latter point, you in particular, really don't present yourself in a good light.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 23:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They are not interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled....
    On the basis of what he has written on this thread, would you say that roigam is interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:161 edit
    Origins lly posted by FMF
    On the basis of what he has written on this thread, would you say that roigam is interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled?
    Nope. I have no interest in any problems at all.
    I would love to see all problems solved but I am not the one to do it.
    Our Heavenly Father Jehovah is going to do that.
    (Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:5) And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

He stopped the immorality and violence in Noah's day and He will stop it for good in our day. Harmful acts of any kind will not be permitted!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:20
    FMF: On the basis of what he has written on this thread, would you say that roigam is interested in the subject of child abuse and how it may be tackled?

Nope. I have no interest in any problems at all.
    I would love to see all problems solved but I am not the one to do it.
    Is there nothing that rank and file members [the interested ones, anyway] can do to put pressure on your organization to not to do things like use legal moves to try to block an investigation into how it handled allegations of sexual abuse of children in the past?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:231 edit
    [God] stopped the immorality and violence in Noah's day and He will stop it for good in our day. Harmful acts of any kind will not be permitted!
    If "harmful acts of any kind" [in this case sexual abuse] are or "will not be permitted" in your organization, why withhold information relevant to an ongoing investigation?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is there nothing that rank and file members [the interested ones, anyway] can do to put pressure on your organization to not to do things like use legal moves to try to block an investigation into how it handled allegations of sexual abuse of children in the past?
    Out of interest, do you believe no individual has the right to legally block an investigation if such a blockage is permitted by the laws of their country?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:31
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Out of interest, do you believe no individual has the right to legally block an investigation if such a blockage is permitted by the laws of their country?
    Give me a scenario.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Give me a scenario.
    Use the example given in this thread.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:421 edit
    Use the example given in this thread.
    No. You asked me a badly worded/half-baked question. Give me a scenario. Spell one out. And I will then attempt to answer your question.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:482 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. You asked me a badly worded/half-baked question. Give me a scenario. Spell one out. And I will then attempt to answer your question.
    The use of legal moves by an organization to try to block an investigation into how it handled allegations of sexual abuse of children in the past.

I'm interested in why you think that something which is legal is wrong?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:54
    The use of [b]legal moves by an organization to try to block an investigation into how it handled allegations of sexual abuse of children in the past.[/b]
    So your question was basically 'Is someone legally permitted to do what they are legally permitted to do?' What is the purpose of asking such a daft question?

The issue here is why was the organization trying to block an investigation into how it handled allegations of sexual abuse of children in the past ~ and my sentiment is 'thank goodness the investigation can now go ahead'.

I welcome such abuse being exposed, along with the mechanisms that prevented it from being exposed being questioned and dismantled, in whatever context or organization it happens in.

I haven't suggested that the organization's legal maneuvers were "illegal". If anyone has, you should take it up with them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree