1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 05:24
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's you and your uneducated comments that make it personal. The same ole dive dude has not yet grown up and learned to keep your mouth shut on most subjects that you don't have a clue of the realities of it.
    This doesn't seem like a comment on The Guardian article either. Are you absolutely determined not to make one?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 05:30
    It's you and your uneducated comments that make it personal. The same ole dive dude has not yet grown up and learned to keep your mouth shut on most subjects that you don't have a clue of the realities of it.
    You seem to be determined to be angry at me and make it personal rather than comment on the topic.

Why do you think the Jehovah's Witness leadership fought a two year legal battle to prevent an official investigation into the reporting of child sex abuse by its leaders?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 20:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Another divegeester witness hate thread, gee how predictable. I wonder why he never mentions any other organisation, religious bigotry probably, oh well. Neeeeeext.
    Like the recent report of thousand of elderly folks sexually abused in nursing homes or the Catholic priesthood abusing children for hundreds of years or the police in France doing 'accidental rape' on men and women. All abusers should have their dicks cut off and fed to dogs. JW's and everyone else.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 21:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You seem to be determined to be angry at me and make it personal rather than comment on the topic.

Why do you think the Jehovah's Witness leadership fought a two year legal battle to prevent an official investigation into the reporting of child sex abuse by its leaders?
    Let me make these points you. As I said the info you post should rightly be done. It should be discussed, and followed to see where it goes. Do you understand that?
    Now for the two problems that you fail to see.
    I know what 's behind your posting of this. It is not with sympathy for the victims, as I'm not aware of you ever one time saying anything that would make us feel that you actually feel for them. You know what sympathy is I hope. If you do indeed have feelings for them, you have never shown it by words to us here. I feel you can't but that's me.
    The second is your well know hatred of the Witnesses.
    So between these two glaring faults, yes I take it very personal and still I don't know why I waist my energy talking to you.....
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 21:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like the recent report of thousand of elderly folks sexually abused in nursing homes or the Catholic priesthood abusing children for hundreds of years or the police in France doing 'accidental rape' on men and women. All abusers should have their dicks cut off and fed to dogs. JW's and everyone else.
    If anyone is guilty by the law of their land no matter their religion, they must be ready to answer to the laws of that country. But even more then that, God is watching and the guilty ones will eventually answer to him also according to his laws.....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 22:073 edits
    Let me make these points you. As I said the info you post should rightly be done. It should be discussed, and followed to see where it goes. Do you understand that?
    Now for the two problems that you fail to see.
    I know what 's behind your posting of this. It is not with sympathy for the victims, as I'm not aware of you ever one time saying anything t ...[text shortened]... ts, yes I take it very personal and still I don't know why I waist my energy talking to you.....
    This is a spirituality debate forum Galveston75, and the topic in debate is your church leadership's gross misbehaviour in the context and backdrop of YOU claiming them/if to be the sole holders of Jehovah's truth on earth. If you are unable or unwilling to either defend your leaders nor condemn their behaviour, then perhaps your are better off taking another one of your forum sabbaticals.

Meanwhile, the question to you is why do you think your religion's leadership chose to take legal action to prevent a bonafide investigation into accusations of child sex abuse within its ranks.

PS I note that Carrobie has decided to step away from the thread and roigam is err... otherwise engaged. As usual.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:26
    If anyone is guilty by the law of their land no matter their religion, they must be ready to answer to the laws of that country....
    Then why do you think the Watchtower leadership tried legally for two years to prevent this happening?
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 04:321 edit
    Despite Robbie Carrobie's repeated pleas of persecution and hatred when threads about the subject of child sexual abuse in the Jehovah's Witness church and the covering up of it by the leadership, occasionally crop up, this is not personal. What can make it personal to you, is a failure by him, youself and roigam to objectify address the facts.
    We are not policemen. If a case of abuse comes to light we deal with it in terms of whether people repent of their error (that is stop practicing the sin).
    If victims or parents want to report the abuse they have the right to do so.
    We are not required by law in this country to report it to authorities.
    I do not know what your government requires.
    At any rate, becoming a JW requires (Ephesians 4:24) and should put on the new personality that was created according to God’s will in true righteousness and loyalty.
    Part of the problem is that people are coming into the truth so fast that they do not change all the sinful behaviors they have at once. It takes time.
    Like changing clothes. Changing behaviors is a process.
    Since we don't know all the facts such as what specifically was being investigated.
    Was there even a real case of abuse or were they just investigating JW s.
    The article said "allegations" and something was "alleged".
    In out country religions have protections (mostly based on English law).
    We don't know what was happening and therefore wouldn't it be prudent to leave those things in the hands of the goverment?
    We have nothing to hide.
    Wouldn't it be wiser to follow the Christian principle at:
    (Matthew 7:1) “Stop judging that you may not be judged;
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 04:422 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    We are not policemen. If a case of abuse comes to light we deal with it in terms of whether people repent of their error (that is stop practicing the sin).
    If victims or parents want to report the abuse they have the right to do so.
    We are not required by law in this country to report it to authorities.
    I do not know what your government requires.
    At an ...[text shortened]... to follow the Christian principle at:
    (Matthew 7:1) “Stop judging that you may not be judged;
    I think you should read up on your religious organisation, it is internationally notorious for covering up and failing to report allegations of child sexual abuse.

You could start here if you like: Thread 166741, where you find masses of information in the opening post link to the Royal Australian Commission's report into 1000s of cases of child sex abuse; also how your collegue Robbie Carrobie responds in the thread may be of interest to you.

Of course Carrobie will say it's all down to hate and JW persecution, because god's people are persecuted, and because your persecuted you therefore must be god's people blah blah. However if you do become genuinely interested, a google search will lead you to plenty more bonafide reports, articles and investigations.

Let me know if you need help.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 04:53
    This is a spirituality debate forum Galveston75, and the topic in debate is your church leadership's gross misbehaviour in the context and backdrop of YOU claiming them/if to be the sole holders of Jehovah's truth on earth. If you are unable or unwilling to either defend your leaders nor condemn their behaviour, then perhaps your are better off taking an ...[text shortened]... robie has decided to step away from the thread and roigam is err... otherwise engaged. As usual.
    As I read the article, there were only allegations not accusations that they were looking into.
    It seems like they were investigating the way JW s handle cases of abuse.
    As I said erlier, we are not policemen and we are not required by law to report abuse.
    If anyone wants to report abuse to the authorities they are free to do so.
    If they do not want to report it, it is not our concern.
    We are only interested in their not continuing to practice those sins.
    If they do, they will be DF d.
    If theyrepent and turn away from those sins, they can continue as a JW but they are restricted from having any position of responsibility in the organization.
    (Luke 15:10) In the same way, I tell you, joy arises among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:12
    As I read the article, there were only allegations not accusations that they were looking into.
    Perhaps you can explain the difference between an allegation and an accusation?

By the way which article was it you read?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:14
    As I said erlier, we are not policemen and we are not required by law to report abuse.
    So you would only report a case of alleged child sex abuse to the police if you were legally required to do so?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:202 edits
    If anyone wants to report abuse to the authorities they are free to do so. If they do not want to report it, it is not our concern.
    We are only interested in their not continuing to practice those sins.
    If they do, they will be DF d. If theyrepent and turn away from those sins, they can continue as a JW but they are restricted from having any position of responsibility in the organization.
    Well, this is turning out to be quite a revealling post by you roigam.

So you are not interested in reporting cases of child sex abuse to the proper authorities, you are only interested in wether or not the alleged offender continues or discontinues the abuse.

This is exactly why your church is in the mess that it is, and your irresponsible attitude toward the reporting of heinous sexual abuse is disgraceful.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:211 edit
    Perhaps you can explain the difference between an allegation and an accusation?

By the way which article was it you read?
    An accusation is a charge of wrongdoing. There is proof
    An allegation is an unproven assertion.
    Newspapers are very careful to use "alleged" not accused or they could be sued.

I read the one you first posted. I assume it was rendered accurately.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:27
    An accusation is a charge of wrongdoing. There is proof
    An allegation is an unproven assertion.
    Newspapers are very careful to use "alleged" not accused or they could be sued.

I read the one you first posted. I assume it was rendered accurately.
    In the article in my OP it says the JW organisation spent two years trying to legally prevent an investigation into the reporting of alleged cases of child sexual abuse. Why do you think they did that?

Did you follow the link to the other thread and read up on the 1000s of cases of unreported child sex abuse in Australia and what the royal commission had to say about your churches leadership?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree