1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:35
    Originally posted by roigam
    As I said erlier, we are not policemen and we are not required by law to report abuse. If anyone wants to report abuse to the authorities they are free to do so.
    If they do not want to report it, it is not our concern
    What other very serious crimes committed by your members do you feel no obligation to report?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:36
    An accusation is a charge of wrongdoing. There is proof
    An allegation is an unproven assertion.
    Newspapers are very careful to use "alleged" not accused or they could be sued.

I read the one you first posted. I assume it was rendered accurately.
    Why are you not interested in reporting allegations of sex abuse to the police, are you instructed not to submit to their authority?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:57
    Roigam...this is the thread, not Fetchmyjunk's next instalment of pulp fiction.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Roigam...this is the thread, not Fetchmyjunk's next instalment of pulp fiction.
    Sorry, just ran out of popcorn.
    Got to go clean my teeth.
    (still got them anyway)
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:12
    Sorry, just ran out of popcorn.
    Got to go clean my teeth.
    (still got them anyway)
    That's important to you I can see that.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 20:521 edit
    Then why do you think the Watchtower leadership tried legally for two years to prevent this happening?
    Bump for roigam*

*or any Jehovah's Witness...
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 00:441 edit
    Bump for roigam*

*or any Jehovah's Witness...
    I have no idea what the details of that investigation are.
    I know it is dangerous legally to make false accusations.
    If we reported something that turned out to be not true, we could get sued.
    I can't say that is the case, but, it is a possibility.
    Do you think?

I also think there would be resistance in any religion to investigation into what is obviously client clergy privilege.
    We have seen that in other religions, haven't we?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 00:47
    Are you not permitted to read this thread's OP? Is that why you have "no idea" what this is about?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 00:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you not permitted to read this thread's OP? Is that why you have "no idea" what this is about?
    I read it and I think many details are missing.
    Do you think newspapers always give 100% of a story?
    They may not know the details either depending on the reporter.
    Also, the amount of space available in the paper may encourage shortening a story,
    don't you think?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 01:11
    I read it and I think many details are missing.
    Do you think newspapers always give 100% of a story?
    They may not know the details either depending on the reporter.
    Also, the amount of space available in the paper may encourage shortening a story,
    don't you think?
    If it leads to [1] justice for victims, [2] perpetrators being held to account for their actions, and [3] a change in the corporate mindset regarding how allegations of sexual abuse are handled ~ assuming those three things, for the sake of argument ~ do you welcome the fact that the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization has dropped its efforts to block a full investigation after its legal fight which has lasted for more than two years?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 01:141 edit
    I also think there would be resistance in any religion to investigation into what is obviously client clergy privilege.
    We have seen that in other religions, haven't we?
    Do you support any efforts there may have been in the Catholic Church to protect or cover up child sex abusers in its ranks by them citing "client clergy privilege"?

Or if that question sounds too loaded, tackle the same issue by way of this question:

Do you support any citing of "client clergy privilege" there may have been in the Catholic Church even if it resulted in the protecting or covering up of child sex abusers in its ranks?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 05:572 edits
    Your ambivalence in this matter is quite revolting but unsurprising. Galveston75 and Robbie Carrobie are not interested either. It's as though you SO want it all to not be true that you refuse to look at the facts. For example did you follow the link in this post from page two? Did you read up on the Royal Australian Commission's findings and the devastating criticism laid at the leadership of your church? Have you taken any responsibility whatsoever to inform yourself of the facts?

Here is my post from page 2 with the link to the original thread:

I think you should read up on your religious organisation, it is internationally notorious for covering up and failing to report allegations of child sexual abuse.

You could start here if you like:
    Thread 166741, where you find masses of information in the opening post link to the Royal Australian Commission's report into 1000s of cases of child sex abuse; also how your collegue Robbie Carrobie responds in the thread may be of interest to you.

Of course Carrobie will say it's all down to hate and JW persecution, because god's people are persecuted, and because your persecuted you therefore must be god's people blah blah. However if you do become genuinely interested, a google search will lead you to plenty more bonafide reports, articles and investigations.

Let me know if you need help.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 06:031 edit
    And what about this unanswered question:

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    If it leads to [1] justice for victims, [2] perpetrators being held to account for their actions, and [3] a change in the corporate mindset regarding how allegations of sexual abuse are handled ~ assuming those three things, for the sake of argument ~ do you welcome the fact that the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization has dropped its efforts to block a full investigation after its legal fight which has lasted for more than two years?
    I don't know the details.
    It's up to the victims or parents to report any abuse.
    I also don't know anything about corporations.
    JW s are an established religion worldwide.
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you support any efforts there may have been in the Catholic Church to protect or cover up child sex abusers in its ranks by them citing "client clergy privilege"?

Or if that question sounds too loaded, tackle the same issue by way of this question:

Do you support any citing of "client clergy privilege" there may have been in the Catholic Church [b]even if
    it resulted in the protecting or covering up of child sex abusers in its ranks?[/b]
    JW s don't support any cover ups by anyone.
    We don't cover up any abuse or abusers.
    I don't have knowledge of any instances, but if it were to be someone in a position of responsibility in the organization, they would be removed from that position.
    If they change Congregations, a letter goes along with them so they cannot be in a position of authority over members or their children.
    Also, they need to repent or they will not remain in the organization, as you know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree