1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This does not answer why Christ comes with the voice of an archangel and try as i might to get the answer from you, you seem rather unwilling or unable to tell to tell us.

As to your question when someone says she has the voice of an angel its simply using a figure of speech a simile. Are you telling us that the Bible author is using a figure of speech when he describes Christ as coming with the voice of an archangel?
    So if angels are Jesus how many Jesus' are there?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 19:43
    He (Jesus ) is coming with the Voice of the Chief Messenger of God ...I believe it can be surmised or translated that way

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 19:505 edits
    I will give you other examples of where the word angel is used .....When John in the book of Revelation says ( Jesus telling Him to speak to ) to the Angel at Sardis writer .....this or that ......( any of the 7 churches referenced will work I just picked Sardis as an example ) Is the write speaking of a literal angel ? the logic does not follow that these 7 angels referenced are literally angels .....So we can say that Jesus is not literally an angelic being but The Chief Messenger of God

Manny
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 19:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    He (Jesus ) is coming with the Voice of the Chief Messenger of God ...I believe it can be surmised or translated that way

Manny
    yes exactly.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:17
    yes exactly.
    Does anyone really know what happened 2,000 years ago?

No.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:45
    Jesus was and is a mighty spiritual being before and after he was a human, nothing you have said negates this reality. How are you going to explain this verse?

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, [b]with the voice of the archangel.
    1 Thess 4:16[/b]
    It's not a matter of "how do you explain this verse", its more a matter of "how do you justify building a doctrine" on this verse?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's not a matter of "how do you explain this verse", its more a matter of "how do you justify building a doctrine" on this verse?
    If you believe Jesus is God, you believe trinity.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:59
    Originally posted by chaney3
    If you believe Jesus is God, you believe trinity.
    You don't even know if your a Christian or not. You're a fool, a troll, a drunkard.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You don't even know if your a Christian or not. You're a fool, a troll, a drunkard.
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:45

No.
    We are talking about translation. We don't need to know exactly 'what happened', 2000 years ago to know and understand a translation
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:58

No.
    We know a great many things about what happened 2000 years ago. A lot of records and archeology to back up a great many things that happened. Pots and coins and documents and structures and they dig up new things all of the time

Manny
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:113 edits
    You were telling us about the other archangels mentioned in the Bible, were you not?
    The Seven Archangels are listed in chapter 20 of the first Book of Enoch (1 Enoch 20).

They are: Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Remiel and Sariel.
    You might notice that "Jesus" is not among them.

The Anglican and Episcopal Churches recognize 4 archangels with a feast day. September 29 is the Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael, also known as the Feast of the Archangels. You might be more familiar with it as Michaelmas.
    (Please notice that this is NOT the same as Christmas.)

The Serbian Orthodox Church observes the feast, whereas most Eastern Orthodox Churches do not. The Greek and Romanian Orthodox honor the archangels on November 8 instead.

Now if you're going to go on and on, like Rajk, another "Bible worshipper", and claim that if it's not in the bible, then it's not true, I might remind you that God doesn't tell us everything in the Bible. Neither did the council of Nicaea include the Book of Enoch in their canon. That doesn't mean that it is without basis.

This is exactly like your claim that "firstborn" (in Colossians 1:15) means "born first". The fact is that, used in this way, "firstborn" means "pre-eminent". But the JWs are like many fundamentalists in that they are "literalists", without the "wisdom to see". Other fundamentalist churches use this verse to claim that Jesus is Adam.

"the voice of the archangel" means "the voice like the archangel". It is a comparative, not a declaration.

But you guys get a lot of the text wrong, in your lust to see your man-made dogma vindicated, even to the point of creating your own Bible to do so.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Seven Archangels are listed in chapter 20 of the first Book of Enoch (1 Enoch 20).

They are: Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Remiel and Sariel.
    You might notice that "Jesus" is not among them.

The Anglican and Episcopal Churches recognize 4 archangels with a feast day. September 29 is the Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Rap ...[text shortened]... st to see your man-made dogma vindicated, even to the point of creating your own Bible to do so.
    There is no book of Enoch in the Bible you dumpling, its apocryphal. Next you will be citing the graphitti on subway walls.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 01:02
    There is no book of Enoch in the Bible you dumpling, its apocryphal. Next you will be citing the graphitti on subway walls.
    That's okay, I give virtually no credence to anything you say about the Bible. You seem to think that even the Bible is "not the Bible".

Whatever.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 01:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's okay, I give virtually no credence to anything you say about the Bible. You seem to think that even the Bible is "not the Bible".

Whatever.
    Why don't you go to your scared King James version of the Bible and tell us about the book of Enoch. Man! caught trying to scam us with apocrypha!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree