1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 08:252 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    Dying, though, is totally problematic.
    That means that life is problematic, because from the minute you are born you are beginning the process of dying. But it grows stronger with age.

Death's "calling card" comes to us all along the way.
    Emptiness, darkness, futility, vanity, sadness, depression - all signals that death is on its way.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 08:30
    Originally posted by sonship
    Death's "calling card" comes to us all along the way.
    Emptiness, darkness, futility, vanity, sadness, depression - all signals that death is on its way.
    Some people gain solace from imagining that they are immortal. Various retail religions cater to this.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 22:48
    I've been trying, but am still unsure what you mean. It sounds important.
    Well people seem to fall to the lowest common denominator.
    Trump and others around the world use the politics of fear everyday. Though I cant see to what end ... except a bad one. Surely us monkeys can grow up
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 22:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You "hope"??

What have you done to "make it so"? Anything?

There's plenty of time left to actually make that difference.
    I am about the only person I still know from 22 years ago who still holds the same values. I did have kids but I didn't get sucked into the "money to make me happy" scam, or the " these people are good, and these people aren't good" paradigm.
    I give when I can. It's in my DNA.
    Hope this is god enough for you.I can only stay within my dharma.

I do have my own spirituality but don't recommend it to others.It's a form of Hinduism I guess.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 22:561 edit
    You "hope"??

What have you done to "make it so"? Anything?

There's plenty of time left to actually make that difference.
    I cleaned out the storm water drain in front of my kids school. The machines don't clean out the gunk somehow. That was last week. I pick up rubbish. I say "G'day" to most. Everyone welcome for a coffee at my place.
    After that my contributions are a bit arty 🙂
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:20
    I had to think three times! I don't want to stop thinking, and seeing apes send ships out, and finding out what happens next. But I have no choice.

Nor do you.
    You were given free will, my friend. Don't ignore the gift. There are always choices. Choose wisely.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I cleaned out the storm water drain in front of my kids school. The machines don't clean out the gunk somehow. That was last week. I pick up rubbish. I say "G'day" to most. Everyone welcome for a coffee at my place.
    After that my contributions are a bit arty 🙂
    We can only use the gifts we're given. Not letting them go to waste seems the main idea. Helping people is always "worth it".
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some people gain solace from imagining that they are immortal. Various retail religions cater to this.
    Some know better. Some understand the goal has to be helping each other through the time we're given. Some don't.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:431 edit
    You were given free will, my friend. Don't ignore the gift. There are always choices. Choose wisely.
    [misunderstanding]
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:481 edit
    We can only use the gifts we're given. Not letting them go to waste seems the main idea. Helping people is always "worth it".
    Yeah, that's pretty much it.
    I think what I'm beginning to realize more and more is that this is a crappy world when all is said and done. There are pockets of positivity, even amongst Christians, I admit, but I'm not so sure that any seismic shift in the attitude of the whole world will occur during the course of my life.Whereas 20 years ago I was more optimistic. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but not for the whole world unfortunately.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:341 edit
    FMF: Some people gain solace from imagining that they are immortal. Various retail religions cater to this.

Some know better. Some understand the goal has to be helping each other through the time we're given. Some don't.
    The topic is "i have no fear of death" and my post was a reply to sonship saying this: "Death's "calling card" comes to us all along the way. Emptiness, darkness, futility, vanity, sadness, depression - all signals that death is on its way." You seemed to have missed the point of what I said. People do not have to join religious groups if they want to "help each other" but they do need to adopt some form of religious beliefs if they want to tell themselves that their own immortality 'conquers' death.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 08:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, that's pretty much it.
    I think what I'm beginning to realize more and more is that this is a crappy world when all is said and done. There are pockets of positivity, even amongst Christians, I admit, but I'm not so sure that any seismic shift in the attitude of the whole world will occur during the course of my life.Whereas 20 years ago I was more optimistic. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but not for the whole world unfortunately.
    Sometimes our lives seem crappy, but the world itself is amazing. It is a world full of possibility. The 'good news' is that you are able to change your life and improve your lot. You just need to make better life choices, surround yourself with the right people and seek out positive opportunities. Yes, there are some crappy things that we can't change, but there is plenty that we can.

Life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 15:041 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sometimes our lives seem crappy, but the world itself is amazing. It is a world full of possibility. The 'good news' is that you are able to change your life and improve your lot. You just ...[text shortened]... that we can't change, but there is plenty that we can.

Well said.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 01:15
    Dying, though, is totally problematic.
    I'm not afraid of falling. I'm afraid of hitting the ground.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 22:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sometimes our lives seem crappy, but the world itself is amazing. It is a world full of possibility. The 'good news' is that you are able to change your life and improve your lot. You just need to make better life choices, surround yourself with the right people and seek out positive opportunities. Yes, there are some crappy things that we can't change, but there is plenty that we can.

I like lemonade. I don't know about the people on this planet.

It's whole Zen thing and your ego. once you engage in that practice, you find your ego pilfering your own health and happiness.

You find yourself coming to strange new conclusions about what happiness is

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree