1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Lemondrop? What is the game Shinty? I never heard of it. I could google it. But it's more fun to hear people describe it. More passion in it that way. This is one of the best threads in ages. I love learning about new sports. 🙂 I am always in awe of people who can do things I cant do. Which is a very long list lol
    I've never heard of the game Shinty so I googled it
    it's a scottish game played with a ball and stick
    that's all I know
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 04:37
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    that's all I know
    That should appeal to you then.

Baseball is a game of skill, not athleticism.

What do you feel Lemon is the most gruelling sport for a person to participate in. Some might say the Marathon or the 50km walk at the Olympics but to me the Tour De France must be the toughest. Never alone the tax on stamina and strength but also the danger involved and the physical toll. Those blokes are warhorses !!!
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 05:11
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    That should appeal to you then.

Baseball is a game of skill, not athleticism.

What do you feel Lemon is the most gruelling sport for a person to participate in. Some might say the Marathon or the 50km walk at the Olympics but to me the Tour De France must be the toughest. Never alone the tax on stamina and strength but also the danger involved and the physical toll. Those blokes are warhorses !!!
    I think one of the most gruelling sports is rowing
    they say that rowers have one of the lowest body fat ratios of any sport
    I disagree in opinion about baseball players
    it is both skill and athleticism
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 06:09
    but I give the courage award to a race horse jockey
    they got balls
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 06:21
    but I give the courage award to a race horse jockey
    they got balls
    Small ones though

😵
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 06:35
    The reason I think the Tour is the most gruelling and athletic sporting event is the fact that these blokes ride for 200 odd kilometres a day for 21 days out of 23 many riders carrying bad injuries sustained in horrific falls. It's gruelling, dangerous and a sport that requires ultimate fitness. These blokes (the ones not on drugs) are supermen.
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 09:01
    that's all I know
    sounds a lot like the game they play in the inner cities out by me. One stick, and a tiny ball. The neighborhood just called it stick ball, and it was huge many years ago, and is still played to this day. 🙂
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 09:10
    The reason I think the Tour is the most gruelling and athletic sporting event is the fact that these blokes ride for 200 odd kilometres a day for 21 days out of 23 many riders carrying bad injuries sustained in horrific falls. It's gruelling, dangerous and a sport that requires ultimate fitness. These blokes (the ones not on drugs) are supermen.
    it is the considered the hardest thing to do in all of sports in most circles. I am assuming we are talking about the tour of course. Greg LeLemond was brilliant to watch. He got screwed out of winning at least two more tours due to the fact he was helping his team mate win. Then when it was his turn, his team mate turned on him. Gregg ended up winning the tour one year with very little help at all. Which is impossible to do.

I wish more people tried riding a racing bike for ten miles with hills. They would understand it so much more.

I also agree with Lemondrop about Rowing. My god. I would not last thirty minutes doing what they do. You need everything to do that. Which brings me to mens gymnastics. Every watch all the events those guys do? These are all great picks.

I still put baseball players in there to Lemondrop. Not all of them, but the ones who take it seriously and who are good at it.

I still say swimming and wrestling are in there to.

In cycling, the hardest one day race in the world is considered paris roubaix. Most don't finish the race, and it is considered to be the second biggest honor in cycling to win it. Tour being first of course. 🙂

Football players as well.
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 09:14
    Baseball takes both skill and athleticism. The good players, and certain positions. Great to watch.

But grueling? I would put a marathon in there, or a double marathon. The pace they set is not human. And the one day cycling race called paris roubaix. I wish we had more threads like this.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 10:06
    Baseball takes both skill and athleticism. The good players, and certain positions. Great to watch.

But grueling? I would put a marathon in there, or a double marathon. The pace they set is not human. And the one day cycling race called paris roubaix. I wish we had more threads like this.
    If I had to pick a sport where the participants have the best physique it would have to be pole vaulting. Some of those girls are totally ..........smoking hot !!!!
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 11:58
    If I had to pick a sport where the participants have the best physique it would have to be pole vaulting. Some of those girls are totally ..........smoking hot !!!!
    Perfect thumbs up there. Gymnastics, Ice skating, these are two where you would see perfect 10's as well. 🙂
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 12:29
    Perfect thumbs up there. Gymnastics, Ice skating, these are two where you would see perfect 10's as well. 🙂
    Not so sure about gymnastics. Most of them are 12 years old. Usually your washed up be the time you're 15. Give me a pole vaulter any day !!😵😵
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 13:57
    some women tennis players are sizzling hot
    especially those that grunt
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 15:21
    some women tennis players are sizzling hot
    especially those that grunt
    Never been a Sharapova fan but Anna Kounikova, Anna Ivanovic, and Eugenie Bouchard can park their shoes under my bed any time they please (I hope my wife doesn't bang her head on the floor when I push her out ) !!
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:09
    Lemondrop? What is the game Shinty? I never heard of it. I could google it. But it's more fun to hear people describe it. More passion in it that way. This is one of the best threads in ages. I love learning about new sports. 🙂 I am always in awe of people who can do things I cant do. Which is a very long list lol
    Shinty is a form of hockey but much more brutal
    A very fast and furious game
    It is a male game (females do play though) where contact isn't an issue and you each have a weapon in the form of a stick.
    Very few games will every be played without spillage of blood and some can be extremely serious injuries.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree