1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 01:38
    When I finish writing to this thread I hope what will be accomplished:

1.) Some will realize what a unspeakable honor it is to be a human.

2.) How significant human beings are in the universe.

3.) How significant that God became a man.

4.) How much God wants many human beings to FOLLOW Christ BY MEANS of Christ's salvation to JOIN Him.

5.) There is a God-man on the throne of the universe.
  2. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 01:44
    I'm listening
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:081 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    There is a God-man on the throne of the universe.
    To continue your metaphor of "the throne", if I may ask, in your imagination, is the torture facility/furnace in the same building as "the throne" and can the angry, vengeful supernatural being see the non-Christians being kept permanently burning alive while sitting upon it?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:27
    When I finish writing to this thread I hope what will be accomplished:

1.) Some will realize what a unspeakable honor it is to be a human.

2.) How significant human beings are in the universe.

3.) How significant that God became a man.

4.) How much God wants many human beings to FOLLOW Christ BY MEANS of Christ's salvation to JOIN Him.

5.) There is a God-man on the throne of the universe.
    The 1st two points are worthy of consideration.

I am not saying we are more special than say fish, but rarely do humans realize their potential- let alone live upto it.

3. Smignifisant.... this is just a red herring

4. If god wanted people to follow JC he would've said so

5. You Christians are constantly anthropomorphizising god. Maybe carbon based life forms aren't as good as silicon ones (for example) we just don't know and a Hebrew history book aint helping many understand the nature of us
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    To continue your metaphor of "the throne", if I may ask, in your imagination, is the torture facility/furnace in the same building as "the throne" and can the angry, vengeful supernatural being see the non-Christians being kept permanently burning alive while sitting upon it?
    This whole "dominate the Earth" stuff just doesn't gel with me either...
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:01
    Adam and Christ are the two most important human beings in history. Adam, the Bible calles "the first man". Christ is called "the second man". He is also called "the last Adam".

When I first became a Christians I doubt the story of Adam in Genesis. After I learned that Christ is the Head of a new humanity and that certain eternal benefits derive from His obedience I eventually came to see He was a second Adam.

Many people think of Adam and immediately think of "Original Sin". In short, what Adam did in causes all other human beings to be brought into sin and death, toil and misery, guilt and condemnation.

But eventually from studying Romans 5 I realized that the story of Adam must be true because Christ set in motion what we might call "Original Righteousness". God used the same principle that worked against us to work for us.

Romans 5:17-19 :

For if by the offense of the one death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. (v.17)

So then as it was through one offense unto condemnation to all men, so also it was through one righteous act unto justification of life to all men. (v.18)

For just as through the disobedience of one man the many were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many will be constituted righteous.(v.19)

Christ is the Head of a new humanity taken out of the old humanity headed up by the failure Adam. This Man Christ steps in to fulfill the meaning of the creation of humanity where Adam failed. That is to express God and reign over the creation for God. That is have God "image" and exercise God's "dominion" according to God's plan in creation.

" And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of heaven and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.

And God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them." (Gen 1:26,27)

God rested on the seventh day not because He was tired. The rest there is the rest of satisfaction. God obtained a man to express Himself and have dominion on behalf of Himself over His creation. And especially over "every creeping thing" which hints of the enemies of God left over from a previous pre-adamic rebellion.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:11
    We are touching the matter which Satan is the most terrified of. This truth terrifies the enemy of God Satan, the evil angels and the demonic spirits. That is that there is a man on the throne of all creation. There is a man at the peak of all authority in the universe. There is a Man who expresses God, represents God, and will reign for God.

This Man Jesus Christ is joyful and radiant expecting to be joined by man brothers conformed to His image to reign with Him.

"Because those whom He foreknew He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

"Many brothers" here is many other men and women as partakers of the divine nature and deified through Christ's full salvation to "reign in life".

Hebrews says that this One is leading many sons into the glorious expression of the Divine Being mingled with man.

"For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, to make the Author of theirs salvation perfect through sufferings." (Heb. 2:10)

As the "Onlybegotten Son" (John 3:16) Christ has no others like Him. He is on one hand "ONLY - Begotten". But in resurrection He is not ONLY. In resurrection He is FIRSTBORN among many brothers. Firstborn must be followed by OTHERS born afterwards who follow Him.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:202 edits
    It is going to be repeated - Satan fears this truth being seen by men.
    Satan is terrified of this reality being wrought into men and women who stand upon the FACTS in faith.

What is that that Satan fears? It is the Christ is duplicated. Christ is multiplied. Christ is enlarged. Christ is spread into man others. That Christ is mass produced.

You did not know that Christ wants to be mass produced? You thought Christ just wants to forgive us and take us to a happy place? No Christ came to die as a grain of wheat to produce "much fruit".

"Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies it abides alone; but if it dies it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

In one sense He IS the Onlybegotten Son of God whom God gave that we'd be saved.
    In another sense He is the One Who came to be duplicated, mass produced, multiplied into millions of others. Not individual spiritual giants here, but a corporate aggregate expression of Christ.

He would not "abide ALONE". He would release what was hidden in the shell of His humanity by death and resurrection. He would release the divine essence embodied in Himself to be dispensed into "much fruit".

The shell of His humanity was broken on the cross. And He died not only a redemptive death, shedding His atoning blood for our sins. He died to break open the shell and release the Divine Being into "much fruit".

He wanted to die to produce the many grains like Himself.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:211 edit
    It is going to be repeated - Satan fears this truth being seen by men.
    Satan is terrified of this reality being wrought into men and women who stand upon the FACTS in faith.

What is that that Satan fears? It is the Christ is duplicated. Christ is multiplied. Christ is enlarged. Christ is spread into man others. That Christ is mass produced.

You did no ...[text shortened]... Being into [b]"many grains"

He wanted to die to produce the many grains like Himself.[/b]
    Can your imaginary mangod see his perpetual thoughtcrimes furnace from his "throne"?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This whole "dominate the Earth" stuff just doesn't gel with me either...
    Conformed to the image of Christ first.
    The dominating one is the mass producing of Jesus.

You think the fallen sinful man dominating, and groan.
    The New Testament speaks of the sons of God being manifested and all creation being co-revealed in the same glorious freedom from corruption.

"For the anxious watching of the creation eagerly awaits the revelation of the sons of God.

For the creation was made subject to vanitty, not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it.

In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God." (Rom. 8:19-21)

Right now, today, there is Man on the throne of heaven and earth. This man is Jesus Christ our Savior. He is radiant and expecting to see others saved BY Him and transformed into His image from one degree of glory to another, to another, until they match Him.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, and being TRANSFORMED into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

He must accomplish this transformation. He must accomplish this for His own name's sake.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:465 edits
    God wants to be "man-nized" that man might be "God-ized".

Jesus Christ came not for a one way trip. Jesus Christ came for a ROUND TRIP.
    Be came to bring God into man so as to bring man into God.

Next we will see how the first martyr Stephen caused Jesus to STAND at the right hand of God. Christ stood because He saw Himself duplicated in some way in Stephen.

Notice how Stephen prayed almost the same way Jesus prayed when He was crucified. Both asked for the forgiveness of those who persecuted them. Jesus said "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit". And Jesus said "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Jesus looked down from heaven and saw Himself again on the earth living in Stephen, being expressed in Stephen, and conforming Stephen to His own image.

And those who stoned Stephen gnashing their teeth in exasperation at his words, saw his face as that of an angel just before they murdered him:

"Now as they heard these things, they were exasperated and gnashed their teeth at him.

But being full of the Holy Spirit, he looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

And he said, Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.. But they cried out with a loud voice and covered their ears and rushed upon him with one accord." (Acts 7:54-57)

Satan drove them insane with hatred as Satan beheld that what the God-man Jesus was the first young man martyr Stephen had been transformed " into the same image. "

"And they threw him [Stephen] outside of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a young man Saul.

And they stoned Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said. Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!

And kneeling down, he cried out with a loud voice, Lord, do not hold this sin against them. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." (Acts. 7:58-60)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 04:561 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The 1st two points are worthy of consideration.

I am not saying we are more special than say fish, but rarely do humans realize their potential- let alone live upto it.

3. Smignifisant.... this is just a red herring

5. You Christians are constantly anthropomorphizising god. Maybe carb ...[text shortened]... mple) we just don't know and a Hebrew history book aint helping many understand the nature of us

Jesus is the Greek equivalent of Joshua.

The book of Joshua is the book of the Israelite general leading the Army of Jehovah into the Good Land. The very name Jesus [Joshua] conveys the Savior as also a Captain being followed by God's people.

He is leading many sons into the expression of God mingled with humanity to take possession of the earth which has been usurped by the Devil.

The type of the land of Canaan signifies the deified humanity - the man mingled with God.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 05:05
    Stephen was not an apostle. He was a serving deacon of the church in Jerusalem. But he was full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom. And they could not contradict his speaking on behalf of Jesus whom all the religionists in Jerusalem hated and opposed.

Though under God's sovereignty He allowed Stephen the young man to be stoned to death, Saul was watching. Saul became the Apostle Paul.

I cannot prove or make too strong of a case for the following. But it may be that from the moment Saul the young enemy of the church, witnessed them stoning Stephen, God began to work in his conscience.

But I don't know this. However, Stephen died but God gained Paul. Stephen was the first Christian to lay down his life for Christ. And in his place God gained another young man whom He gloriously used to write some 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament.

He pioneered the way into the experience of Christ. He really experienced the Spirit of the Man on the throne of God - Head with all authority in heaven and earth.

Maybe between the death of Stephen and the road to Damascus revelation the Holy Spirit was working to convict the conscience of Saul. But if not, we praise God that Jesus did somehow gain the Apostle Paul as a man absolute for the eternal purpose of God and the Gospel of Christ.

"I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision" he writes.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can your imaginary mangod see his perpetual thoughtcrimes furnace from his "throne"?
    The "son" doesn't have to, as he will be observing the horror with his angels. That is according the literal interpretation of a verse in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (14:10). Of course the other two people in the godhead are both spirits (Jehovah spirit and Holy Spirit) and will remain in the heaven area.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 07:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The "son" doesn't have to, as he will be observing the horror with his angels. That is according the literal interpretation of a verse in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (14:10). Of course the other two people in the godhead are both spirits (Jehovah spirit and Holy Spirit) and will remain in the heaven area.
    With your views on the Trinity, tread carefully. You should be wary of acknowledging that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit might have occasion to all sit on the one "throne" at the same time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree