1. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 15:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes Jajk999 said it was his "biblical perspective".
    I said it was my biblical perspective, and I provided no proof of that, because you did exactly the same thing.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 15:56
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I said it was my biblical perspective, and I provided no proof of that, because you did exactly the same thing.
    You also wrote:
    'There is no Biblical support. It makes no sense to think that this universe with billions of galaxies each with billions of star systems like our solar system, is uninhabited, while an all powerful God just made this one planet inhabitable and nothing on the rest.'

And asked the reasonable question:
    'How does that conflict with the Bible?'
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You also wrote:
    'There is no Biblical support. It makes no sense to think that this universe with billions of galaxies each with billions of star systems like our solar system, is uninhabited, while an all powerful God just made this one planet inhabitable and nothing on the rest.'

It makes no sense to think that this universe with billions of galaxies each with billions of star systems like our solar system, is uninhabited, while an all powerful God just made this one planet inhabitable and nothing on the rest.'

It does make sense that God could say something like this to us -

"For the time being, it is none of your business. Sorry, but I will humble you by causing you to realize that you just don't know everything. You have the potential to be so proud, that I have to build into My creation factors that will seem to lie forever just beyond your reach to know. "

What we do know though is that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Christ.
    If you want to know about what lies on the dark side of the moon, I suggest that you get to know the Lord Jesus - counter intuitively.

It takes righteousness to handle great knowledge.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    It makes no sense to think that this universe with billions of galaxies each with billions of star systems like our solar system, is uninhabited, while an all powerful God just made this one planet inhabitable and nothing on the rest.'

It does make sense that God could say something like this to us -

"For the time being, it is none ...[text shortened]... the Lord Jesus - counter intuitively.

It takes righteousness to handle great knowledge.
    Yeah right .. some of those who profess to know the Lord Jesus talk the most amazing amount of shallowminded biased foolishness imaginable .. you included.

Eg Jesus and the saints will be able to enjoy a ringside view of nonChristians burning and being tormented in the lake of fire, for eternity as a warning to other worlds. Did you get that from the Lord Jesus?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 17:04
    You also wrote:

A reasonable question indeed. I suspect Christians dont like the idea of having to share God. They are very possessive.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 18:372 edits
    Yeah right .. some of those who profess to know the Lord Jesus talk the most amazing amount of shallowminded biased foolishness imaginable .. you included.

As usual with you ONLY derogatory assertions.
    To attempt to meet me on the ground of the Bible's words, you conceal your ineptitude in silence.

You have not yet used the term "mumbo jumbo". I don't wait any more for a reasoned counter argument from Scripture from you. I only expect you to grunt some assertion which amounts to little more than juvenile ad hom.

i have shown here many passages. Which one was purely my imagination ?

Eg Jesus and the saints will be able to enjoy a ringside view of nonChristians burning and being tormented in the lake of fire, for eternity as a warning to other worlds. Did you get that from the Lord Jesus?

Genuinely you got a laughing out loud, a genuine lol.
    So then, you have opted to throw your full support to the repeated complain of Divegeester. So you are reduced now to repeating almost verbatim, his favorite accusation.

You, FMF, Divegeester, and the other fellow we don't hear much from, all like to charge me with the torture enjoying Christ who has nothing else to do but watch the burning punishment of the lost, accompanied of course with space aliens on other planets doing the same.

Do you think if you bring this up enough I will stop believing and teaching what Revelation 14 or Revelation 20 tells us ? Do you think if you make it as descriptive and graphic as possible and add your take on what the expression will be on the face of Christ, to the point of a caricature worthy of Mad Magazine, then I'll renounce the New Testaments teaching here ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 18:423 edits
    There's not a chance Rajk999's lampoon will cause me to renounce teaching a legitimate part of the Gospel of Christ, salvation from eternal punishment.

I am told by Paul to suffer evil WITH the Gospel according to the power of God. And eternal punishment is a part of the gospel teaching. If you want to make it the ONLY part, that's your obsession.

To your descriptive slanders -

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord nor of me His prisoner; but suffer evil with the gospel according to the power of God;

Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages." (2 Tim. 1:8)

Jesus and the saints will be able to enjoy a ringside view of nonChristians burning and being tormented in the lake of fire, for eternity as a warning to other worlds. Did you get that from the Lord Jesus?

See how the Apostle Paul said the Christians should "suffer evil with the gospel according to the power of God"?

Your lampoon is against the gospel it is not against me.
    You are speaking evil of the gospel.

But this can be expected of those who fight against the Christians not being saved "according to our works" BUT according to His own purpose and grace in the Person of Christ.

"Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages." (2 Tim. 1:8)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 18:442 edits
    A reasonable question indeed. I suspect Christians dont like the idea of having to share God. They are very possessive.

So says the Bible Lone Ranger who prefers not to disclose who on earth he worships with (if anyone else could come up to his standard of "fellowship" ).
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 18:511 edit

Just for argument's sake. Why would you say that this makes no sense ?
    Why would uninhabited worlds in a vast universe made exclusively for man, make no sense ?

Now this is really a genuine question.
    Let me know why this would be without sense to you, that only man on the earth has been created.

It is unlikely? Or it is nonsense completely?
    Does "only man" in the universe HAVE to mean eternally so ?
    Could it mean temporarily so?

I mean Revelation does show God says He is making new heavens and a new earth.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 19:31

Just for argument's sake. Why would you say that this makes no sense ?
    Why would uninhabited worlds ...[text shortened]... y so?

I mean [b]Revelation
    does show God says He is making new heavens and a new earth.[/b]
    I genuinely believe life is prolific throughout the universe. (Prolific, not in our understanding of the word, but in relation to the sheer vastness of the universe). The idea that Earth alone, among all this vastness, is the only planet supporting life is, to be blunt, crazy talk.

I don't believe these other worlds are empty, waiting for mankind to populate them. I believe they are already inhabited by creatures that have evolved to survive in the conditions they find themselves in.

Genuine question back at you. If we are one day visited by aliens, would you be able to balance their existence with your Christian beliefs? (And as an aside, did Ezekiel have an alien encounter?)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 21:28
    There's not a chance Rajk999's lampoon will cause me to renounce teaching a legitimate part of the Gospel of Christ, salvation from eternal punishment.

I am told by Paul to suffer evil WITH the Gospel according to the power of God. And eternal punishment is a part of the gospel teaching. If you want to make it the ONLY part, that's your obsession.

T ...[text shortened]... which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages." (2 Tim. 1:8)
    [/quote][/b]
    The Gospel is the good news of the coming of Jesus Christ, whose death and resurrection brought eternal life to the world. The focus of Gospel are the teachings of how one can enter the Kingdom of God, by believing and by living righteously, refraining sin and following the commandments of Christ.

Your continued preaching other foolishness demonstrates that you do not know what the Gospel is.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 21:372 edits
    I genuinely believe life is prolific throughout the universe. (Prolific, not in our understanding of the word, but in relation to the sheer vastness of the universe). The idea that Earth alone, among all this vastness, is the only planet supporting life is, to be blunt, crazy talk.

Okay. Thanks for an answer.
    The OTHER possibility is that those who believe this simply underestimate the uniqueness of human beings.

I hear you ... "There simply HAS to be someone/s else out there among those billions of places."

Is it POSSIBLE that you just astronomically and vastly underestimate the uniqueness of human beings on this earth ? Could that be possible?

I don't believe these other worlds are empty, waiting for mankind to populate them. I believe they are already inhabited by creatures that have evolved to survive in the conditions they find themselves in.

Secondly, you notice that your belief seems to absolutely hinge on this assumption - "Life evolved into being on this world. Surely it must have done the same thing on another world the same way."

But what if it didn't evolve on this planet but started by God purposely as a perhaps a beachhead?

Genuine question back at you. If we are one day visited by aliens, would you be able to balance their existence with your Christian beliefs? (And as an aside, did Ezekiel have an alien encounter?)

Genuine answer: In this 21rst century I very often ask myself "How would THIS discovery effect my Christian faith?" "How might THAT discovery effect by beliefs?"

There are not just a few possibilities but many things on the horizen, that cause me to anticipate how such an invention or discovery would effect my faith in Christ.

You have not seen me write on this Forum that I know beyond all doubt that NO other life exists on another world. I doubt it. But I am agnostic towards it. And I don't think the discovery of some civilization out there would necessitate that I discard my faith in the revelation of the Bible.

I might have to re-think some things. I might have to go back to the Bible to see exactly what it said. But I usually am always doing that anyway.

One more question of genuineness back at you:

Is a more developed naturally selected human Evolution's way to produce a better sperm cell?
    Or is a more developed naturally selected sperm cell Evolution's way to produce a better human?

And why do you think as you do ?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 21:402 edits

Ezekiel chapter one is arguably the deepest chapter in the Bible symbolically.

No, that is not an alien encounter.

But notice that in that vision, there IS a MAN on the throne.
    If you promise to read carefully Ezekiel one yourself, I might speak some to that.
    For I think God has opened up that chapter to His people in these last days.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 21:533 edits
    [b]The Gospel is the good news of the coming of Jesus Christ, whose death and resurrection brought eternal life to the world.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angels of God have everlasting life.
    Is there no difference in your understanding to what angels have and what is received by people who receive "eternal life" ?

Ie. Is there no difference between the angel Michael or Gabriel living forever and me having eternal life through Jesus Christ ?

The focus of Gospel are the teachings of how one can enter the Kingdom of God, by believing and by living righteously, refraining sin and following the commandments of Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kingdom of God is surely part of the Gospel.
    Why should we think there is nothing else but the kingdom?

There is also "one new man". There is also the Body of Christ. There is also the Bride and Wife of Christ and also the house, tabernacle or temple of God.

Where the "focus" is may depend upon what we wish to focus upon as the most important at the moment.

Your continued preaching other foolishness demonstrates that you do not know what the Gospel is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go again. Bare assertion with no demonstration that what I have written is foolishness with careful examination of Scripture.

Are you an illogical adult or a logical child? I can't figure out which.

Nevermind. Your next post will perhaps prove from THIS discussion one post I wrote which was foolishness in its exposition of a Bible promise or verse. You have about nine pages of my discussion to quote from.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree