1. Joined
    29 Apr '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 02:55
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    If "TheBigKat" is cheating, why do they let him in tournaments to begin with?
    That is a great question. Why don't you ask redhotpawn. I have asked them to look into this problem. I asked specially about TheBigKat and Solving with Style. No answer. Not even an acknowledgement that they got my complaint.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 05:52
    This was originally posted by Zygalski in another thread. This is just a copy and paste. But here is the hardest evidence TheBigKat needs to deal with.

Thread 159817

"I looked through the completed game history for TheBigKat User 653175 and analysed the most recently completed non-thematic games with 35+ moves where the opponents were rated in excess of 2000.
    All database moves were excluded from analysis.

Houdini 1.03a x64 4_CPU Hash:512 Time:30s Max Depth:20ply
    AMD Phenom x4 2.30 Ghz 4GB RAM

{ TheBigKat (Games: 20) }
    { Top 1 Match: 514/745 ( 69.0% )
    { Top 2 Match: 640/745 ( 85.9% )
    { Top 3 Match: 692/745 ( 92.9% )
    { Top 4 Match: 715/745 ( 96.0% )

For comparison, here are the match rates for the top 10 Super GM's vs 2600+ FIDE rated opponents:

{ Top 10 FIDE Super GM's (Games: 200) }
    { Top 1 Match: 4878/8620 ( 56.6% )
    { Top 2 Match: 6417/8620 ( 74.4% )
    { Top 3 Match: 7169/8620 ( 83.1% )
    { Top 4 Match: 7604/8620 ( 88.2% )"
  3. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 08:22
    Originally posted by cardinalal
    As I said before, redhotpawn is no longer policing it's own site . . . at least not for cheaters.
    Or apparently for forum bans since that is what would normally result from cheating accusations Hooray it's open season. Go and boil your bottom, you son of a silly person.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 10:26
    Originally posted by jertamev
    In English, you cannot end a sentence with a preposition.

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😛
    Actually I can remember well, that we were taught to do that in our English lesson. It was just stated that it would be better style to reorganise the sentence. But leaving out the preposition is not an option.
  5. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 17:17
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    This was originally posted by Zygalski in another thread. This is just a copy and paste. But here is the hardest evidence TheBigKat needs to deal with.

Thread 159817

"I looked through the completed game history for TheBigKat User 653175 and analysed the most recently completed non-thematic games with 35+ moves where the opponents wer ...[text shortened]... : 6417/8620 ( 74.4% )
    { Top 3 Match: 7169/8620 ( 83.1% )
    { Top 4 Match: 7604/8620 ( 88.2% )"
    How do you compare OTB to internet chess???
  6. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 17:21
    Originally posted by cardinalal
    As I said before, redhotpawn is no longer policing it's own site . . . at least not for cheaters. So in a nutshell they don't ban. As far as how can you tell someone is cheating, I refer you back to the info provided in the previous thread carpmaniac71 has left the building?. There have been at least one more thread that I know of insinuating that he i ...[text shortened]... t to mention that he is playing multiple games at he same time while finding all of these moves!
    It must be the timebank? Keep a watch on the "Big Guns" tournament, it will tell you everything you need to know.
  7. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 17:24
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Actually I can remember well, that we were taught to do that in our English lesson. It was just stated that it would be better style to reorganise the sentence. But leaving out the preposition is not an option.
    My bad, Facebook and texting do not require proper grammar.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 17:24
    Originally posted by TheBigKat
    How do you compare OTB to internet chess???
    You can also use the matchups of the best correspondence players in the pre-computer era and get roughly the same matchup rate, or so they say.
  9. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You can also use the matchups of the best correspondence players in the pre-computer era and get roughly the same matchup rate, or so they say.
    I was going to go into detail about the methodology, lack of errors vs engine correlation in long time controls, maybe post some CC World Champion match rates etc etc but it's a complete waste of time.

Put simply, if a Games Moderator found the match rates I did for TheBigKat a few years ago when bannings were still actioned, he/she would have been banned instantly. Not even any need to look for smoking gun engine moves.
    It isn't so much a case of blatant engine use; idiotic engine use would be a more fitting phrase.
  10. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 18:56
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    I was going to go into detail about the methodology, lack of errors vs engine correlation in long time controls, maybe post some CC World Champion match rates etc etc but it's a complete waste of time.

Put simply, if a Games Moderator found the match rates I did for TheBigKat a few years ago when bannings were still actioned, he/she would have been banne ...[text shortened]... so much a case of blatant engine use; idiotic engine use would be a more fitting phrase.
    This is a really interesting thread. I don't know if The Big Kat is an engine user or not, that's his problem. My point is this. If Magnus Carlson was on this site, under a different name, would we be calling him a cheat because his match up moves rate with an engine would be very very high. Until there is solid proof of someone using outside help, do we just have to accept the benefit of doubt. As for my own opinion on engine use, Ican't see what pride someone gets from a win. Does the engine get a pat on the back when they get the win.

Steve
  11. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 19:29
    Maybe TheBigKat could be a good chess player......
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 21:55
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    Maybe TheBigKat could be a good chess player......
    Yes. He probably is a good player. I haven't played him but we always must give every player here the benefit of the doubt when it comes down to it.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 22:54
    Originally posted by steve45
    If Magnus Carlson was on this site, under a different name, would we be calling him a cheat because his match up moves rate with an engine would be very very high.
    Actually, no, it wouldn't. Even the best humans cannot achieve that feat. That's why zygalski posted the matchup rates of the top 10 super-GMs; to show that even their matchup rate isn't nearly as high as TheBigKat's.
  14. Joined
    17 Dec '13
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 00:08
    I am a terrible player. That being said.

TheBigKat do you cheat a straight forward question.

I can look up a bunch of quotes and jargon. And maybe even have correct English. But I never seen anywhere where you said NO I DON"T CHEAT

So I ask do you cheat.

IF you say no good enough for me.
  15. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 02:05
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Actually, no, it wouldn't. Even the best humans cannot achieve that feat. That's why zygalski posted the matchup rates of the top 10 super-GMs; to show that even their matchup rate isn't nearly as high as TheBigKat's.
    How do you compare OTB to internet chess?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree