1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by woadman
    Exactly correct....why give someone over a week to move when he/she has a totally lost game? It's unsportmanship to the max....the position on the board wont change a week or two later !
    That is NOT what I said. The "week to move" does not only go into effect when one player has a lost position. Once each player leaves his or her "book", the time becomes valuable. Complicated games often require an investment of time usage for both players- especially when they are good players.

In fact, it is not unreasonable to suggest that the other player used the week to get the winning position in your hypothetical situation.

I would say more, but your posts lead me to believe that I am not dealing with an adult. Kids do child-like things, and the internet offers no protection from silliness or indiscretion beyond what your parents establish.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 01:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They say you have 800+ games going at once. Is that true? If so, how long does it take to cycle through one move for each game? I think I would be tearing what hair I have left right out of my armpits๐Ÿ™‚
    Actually I stay closer to 900 games. It takes approx. 3 days to cycle through. I use a system much like playing a simul.
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 08:41
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I use a system much like playing a simul.
    So you set up about 800-900 computers in a circle and move around them? ๐Ÿ˜›
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 09:52
    Originally posted by tvochess
    So you set up about 800-900 computers in a circle and move around them? ๐Ÿ˜›
    Actually I use some of the advice given by George Koltanowski to me many years ago about simuls and blindfold play.
  5. e4
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 11:02
    Hi caissad4,

Congrats on 500,000, you will have to part with the advice and the routine you use.

I tried 50 at once a while back v a load of under 1500's.
    I won 35 and lost 11 dropping 200 R.P's.

I think my biggest mistake was refusing to leave if I had a game waiting
    with my turn to move. I just could not leave RHP if I had a game waiting
    so I rushed and blundered a few times. A couple of times I was simply outplayed.

I recall having so many Latvians on the go I got all mixed up in my theory
    and ideas as a dozen or so games had very similar layouts and I played a
    few ATN's (Awful Theoretical Novelties). All good fun.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 11:56
    Actually I stay closer to 900 games. It takes approx. 3 days to cycle through. I use a system much like playing a simul.
    Lets suppose you allot 8 hours for your play cycle. So in three days with 900 games going, you have to do 300 games in 8 hours. First off, that sounds like a full time job, but aside from that, you have 37 odd games per hour to play continuously for 8 hours solid. Rounding that to 30 games per hour gives you about 2 minutes max to make your moves and on to the next game.

Gadzooks, that would fry MY brain.
  7. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 12:21
    Actually I use some of the advice given by George Koltanowski to me many years ago about simuls and blindfold play.
    Anything you want to share with us? I'd be interested to hear about it.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 01:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Lets suppose you allot 8 hours for your play cycle. So in three days with 900 games going, you have to do 300 games in 8 hours. First off, that sounds like a full time job, but aside from that, you have 37 odd games per hour to play continuously for 8 hours solid. Rounding that to 30 games per hour gives you about 2 minutes max to make your moves and on to the next game.

Gadzooks, that would fry MY brain.
    My daily goals are 300 moves, not games. Most games I use about 30 seconds for moves on average. I have the ability to analyze very, very quickly. In grade school I was considered a bit of a math prodigy. Quick analysis and a phonographic memory is how I do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree