1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 04:101 edit
    I don’t have children, chose not to, can’t stand them tbh. I might have felt differently about my own, but looking at other people’s I am just relieved to not have them.

I look around at my wider family and everyone with kids is stressed out of their box, frantic with worry and financially strapped. Even in their thirties with their own kids they are still leaching off of their parents time and resources showing little or no gratitude and sometimes negatively impacting the relationships of their parents in their older years.

I’ve heard it said more than once “if I had my time over I wouldn’t have kids”.

Thoughts?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 05:57
    @divegeester said
    I don’t have children, chose not to, can’t stand them tbh. I might have felt differently about my own, but looking at other people’s I am just relieved to not have them.

I look around at my wider family and everyone with kids is stressed out of their box, frantic with worry and financially strapped. Even in their thirties with their own kids they are still leaching of ...[text shortened]... s.

Thoughts?
    Just about sums your up.
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 06:54
    @divegeester said

I look around at my wider family and everyone with kids is stressed out of their box, frantic with worry and financially strapped. Even in their thirties with their own kids they are still leaching of ...[text shortened]... s.

Thoughts?
    I’m sorry for you, but of course your decision if true. I feel their all a true blessing along with source of great happiness and love many times over whatever stressful times that come along here and there. Not to mention there are many areas of self growth that come with children for you and them~`hopefully.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 07:13
    @mike69 said
    I’m sorry for you, but of course your decision if true. I feel their all a true blessing along with source of great happiness and love many times over whatever stressful times that come along here and there. Not to mention there are many areas of self growth that come with children for you and them~`hopefully.
    If only more people who would not make great parents would make the unselfish decision to not have kids, this could have avoided a lot of suffering.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 07:20
    @suzianne said
    If only more people who would not make great parents would make the unselfish decision to not have kids, this could have avoided a lot of suffering.
    I agree, or seek the necessary help to do and be better. It seems like many just like going out and being with anything that walks and children and just an unwanted byproduct to discard. I imagine you see a lot more of this in the big cities?
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 09:111 edit
    @divegeester said

Thoughts?
    When you choose to have children, you also choose how to raise them. You choose to let life continue in a new generation. Children mean sacrifices, animals sacrifice whatever it takes to help their offspring survive.
    The bonus of having children is the grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. 🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 09:17
    @david-burton said
    Just about sums your up.
    How so?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 09:18
    @mike69 said
    Sorry for me? I’m happy 😊
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 09:20
    @torunn said
    When you choose to have children, you also choose how to raise them. You choose to let life continue in a new generation. Children mean sacrifices, animals sacrifice whatever it takes to help their offspring survive.
    The bonus of having children is the grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. 🙂
    Yeah I get the premise and I can see the pull of the idea; the reality I observe is however somewhat different.
  10. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 09:27
    @divegeester said

Thoughts?
    Fully agree.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 10:57
    Both of mine were planned and in spite of the effort, worries and cost I’d certainly have them again but - with someone else. It was unfortunate that their dad and I turned out to be such a parental mismatch which unfairly impacted upon their emotional health.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 11:00
    @drewnogal said
    Both of mine were planned and in spite of the effort, worries and cost I’d certainly have them again but - with someone else. It was unfortunate that their dad and I turned out to be such a parental mismatch which unfairly impacted upon their emotional health.
    But if you had them with someone else they wouldn’t be the same kids.

/mind-blown 🤯
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 11:352 edits
    @drewnogal said
    If I had waited a few years, I may have turned out a better parent, that I'm sure of. My mother's advice just passed me by (wasn't clear enough 🙂 ), and I have no siblings to show the way of parenthood. My children could have had an easier start but thanks to my parents, they turned out well enough.
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 12:24
    @divegeester said
    But if you had them with someone else they wouldn’t be the same kids.

/mind-blown 🤯
    Ok, I’ll stick with my original kids then.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Apr '24 13:091 edit
    @divegeester said

Thoughts?
    No surprise here. That is just the type of fellow you are. Besides we don't need a bunch of you running around. 😛 🙂

On a more serious NOTE: You really don't know what you missed out on.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree