1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 14:132 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    With, or without, crocodile tears?

When mods bow to the wishes of a few without consideration of the many is when sites begin to lose popularity and become a burden to the owners, instead of an asset.

Since this has been going on for a while now, how many nails does a coffin need?

(Btw, jokes that lean too close to home aren't nearly as funny as those that don't.)
    You're just a daft, petty and paranoid conspiracy theorist, Suzianne. I have alerted posts on about 3 or 4 occasions ~ maybe a hald dozen times ~ in the last 10 years. I alerted posts twice in 2016... both were comments taunting Grampy Bobby about his deceased wife. I cannot see how this kind of alerting-of-posts can possibly "become a burden to the owners" and neither can you ~ but you keep trotting out the same baseless nonsense anyway, probably egged on by someone is happy to see you make a fool of yourself. 😛
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 14:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    (Btw, jokes that lean too close to home aren't nearly as funny as those that don't.)
    My joke about how I am supposedly able to demand the removal of posts for no good reason was conceived, forged, and aimed with you and your headless chicken act in mind ~ specifically ~ so it's sweet how it has set you off with your silly analysis of the web site's economics, once again. You are a mere figure of fun, Suzianne 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 17:28
    A dirty biography of Bobby Fischer, the one who actually had destroyed his reputation before he went bananas, authored by professional feulleton writer and Playboy contributor, a scumbag full of saliva and cheap bourbon, a seventies' best example how so-called "investigative journalism" can often only rewriting of chat-gossiping, wrapped up in perfect grammar.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 06:11
    Garth NIx: The key to the Kingdom series.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 11:17
    Read

Daniel Suarez: Control
    and
    Andreas Brandhorst: Die Stadt

Both quite entertainig books, both exploring deep questions, the latter more deeply than the first.
  6. Subscribertharg
    Tharg The Mighty
    Betelgeuse
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 20:33
    The Death's Head Chess Club
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    My joke about how I am supposedly able to demand the removal of posts for no good reason was conceived, forged, and aimed with you and your headless chicken act in mind ~ specifically ~ so it's sweet how it has set you off with your silly analysis of the web site's economics, once again. You are a mere figure of fun, Suzianne 😀
    Back of the net

by FMF
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 15:04
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Back of the net

by FMF
    Joshua Ferris: The unnamed
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 16:39
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    A dirty biography of Bobby Fischer, the one who actually had destroyed his reputation before he went bananas, authored by professional feulleton writer and Playboy contributor, a scumbag full of saliva and cheap bourbon, a seventies' best example how so-called "investigative journalism" can often only rewriting of chat-gossiping, wrapped up in perfect grammar.
    yeah Endgame by Frank Brady, it really sucks!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 22:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah Endgame by Frank Brady, it really sucks!
    robbie,

What sucks? A dirty biography of Bobby Fischer, or the part where he goes nuts?

-VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    robbie,

What sucks? A dirty biography of Bobby Fischer, or the part where he goes nuts?

-VR
    Crusty, its common for publishers to appeal to the US reader with a more sensationalistic title. (Perhaps they think Americans resonate more with it, who can say?) For example, Harry Potters, The Philosophers Stone was named, The Sorcerers Stone. Frank Brady's book in Europe was titled Endgame - The spectacular rise and fall of Bobby Fischer whereas in the USA it was titled Endgame - From Americas brightest prodigy to the edge of madness.

The problem with Bradys book and dupes like you is that he offers not a single credible source that Bobby Fischer was suffering from mental illness, no not a single one and to term his book, to the edge of madness is a cheap gimmick.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 23:20
    Crusty, its common for publishers to appeal to the US reader with a more sensationalistic title. (Perhaps they think Americans resonate more with it, who can say?) For example, Harry Potters, The Philosophers Stone was named, The Sorcerers Stone. Frank Brady's book in Europe was titled Endgame - The spectacular rise and fall of Bobby Fischer wherea ...[text shortened]... al illness, no not a single one and to term his book, to the edge of madness is a cheap gimmick.
    Robbie,

I have no idea what was in his book, but if you listened to the news. You would have heard about how Bobby Fisher, went a little nuts, and became a recluse. Why don't you get FACTS before you start with your fingers.

That is right, FACTS DON'T MATTER TO YOU!!!!

-VR
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 00:451 edit
    Robbie,

I have no idea what was in his book, but if you listened to the news. You would have heard about how Bobby Fisher, went a little nuts, and became a recluse. Why don't you get FACTS before you start with your fingers.

That is right, FACTS DON'T MATTER TO YOU!!!!

-VR
    a little nuts? no idea what you are talking about and neither have you. tell the forum what your prognosis is and how you arrived at it. seeking privacy and solitude is not a known medical condition.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 01:55
    a little nuts? no idea what you are talking about and neither have you. tell the forum what your prognosis is and how you arrived at it. seeking privacy and solitude is not a known medical condition.
    Robbie,

As usual you don't see the parts you don't want to see. Have a few more brews! 😛

It was not just his solitude, but a lot of things he said and did!

I use to have respect for him, as I did you. Now I don't have any for either of you!!!

-VR
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 10:29
    Robbie,

As usual you don't see the parts you don't want to see. Have a few more brews! 😛

It was not just his solitude, but a lot of things he said and did!

I use to have respect for him, as I did you. Now I don't have any for either of you!!!

-VR
    So you cannot tell us anything and expect us to believe your opinion as if it is an authoritative source in itself. Man its naught but outright windbaggery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree