1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 15:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    So you cannot tell us anything and expect us to believe your opinion as if it is an authoritative source in itself. Man its naught but outright windbaggery.
    Robbie,

You are one to talk about windbaggery! LOL....Mr King of the windbaggers you are!!!

-VR
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 14:41
    So you cannot tell us anything and expect us to believe your opinion as if it is an authoritative source in itself. Man its naught but outright windbaggery.
    It is a fact he was vehemently anti-semetic, thinking he was only half Jewish. It was found out later both his mom and is bio dad were jewis so he was going off on himself as well as Jews around the world. He gave rants on Phillipine radio that are public knowledge and jumped for joy when the US was attacked on 911. He was paranoid to the nth degree and his bank actually told him he could no longer have accounts there due to his anti-semitism rants that were full public knowledge.

He may not have been mentally ill in the medical sense but he was unhinged at the very least.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is a fact he was vehemently anti-semetic, thinking he was only half Jewish. It was found out later both his mom and is bio dad were jewis so he was going off on himself as well as Jews around the world. He gave rants on Phillipine radio that are public knowledge and jumped for joy when the US was attacked on 911. He was paranoid to the nth degree and his ...[text shortened]...

He may not have been mentally ill in the medical sense but he was unhinged at the very least.
    Being ant-Semitic is not a mental illness, giving rants gainst the USA is also not a mental illness although I personally advocate calmness as a health precaution. Nothing you or anyone else has proffered could be considered as evidence of a mental illness and its lunacy to think that it can.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 15:09
    The Burma Campaign: Disaster into Triumph 1942-45 - Frank McLynn
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 15:38
    Being ant-Semitic is not a mental illness, giving rants gainst the USA is also not a mental illness although I personally advocate calmness as a health precaution. Nothing you or anyone else has proffered could be considered as evidence of a mental illness and its lunacy to think that it can.
    There is certainly evidence that he experienced high levels of paranoia. - His 1972 championship game against Boris Spassky comes to mind. (Not that I know enough about him to offer a full diagnosis).
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 16:041 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    There is certainly evidence that he experienced high levels of paranoia. - His 1972 championship game against Boris Spassky comes to mind. (Not that I know enough about him to offer a full diagnosis).
    really? what high levels of paranoia? The Russians had the chairs the players were sitting on taken apart and searched, were they also suffering from high levels of paranoia?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 16:08
    really? what high levels of paranoia? The Russians had the chairs the players were sitting on taken apart and searched, were they also suffering from high levels of paranoia?
    He spent 35 minutes of his own clock time searching for a hidden camera. 😲
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 16:463 edits
    He spent 35 minutes of his own clock time searching for a hidden camera. 😲
    that your definition of highly paranoid? there was hidden cameras!
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 18:30
    that your definition of highly paranoid? there was hidden cameras!
    Sir, mental health is my field.

Do i tell you how to collect litter on Wimbledon Common?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 00:16
    Sir, mental health is my field.

Do i tell you how to collect litter on Wimbledon Common?
    Yes I have met a few quacks in my time also, they all seemed to be more wired than their patients. Lets face the facts Ghost its all jiggery pokery.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 12:07
    I have just read Sam Savage: Firmin

A nice read about the experience of reading from a rats' point of view.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 18:19
    A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle

"This lyrical, witty ode to Provence has become the template for scores of travel essays by Mayle admirers. None of them, however, can match the blend of lighthearted humor and sensuous detail that Mayle offers his readers in A Year in Provence. The chronicle of a former advertiser who undertakes the renovation of an ancient French farmhouse, A Year in Provence introduces readers to a wealth of quirky characters, lucious meals, and innumerable mishaps as the author and his wife settle into the Provençal lifestyle."
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 13:09
    Now reading a sci fi, Thunderbird by Jack McDevitt. A kind of star gate story, the twist on this one is it being dug up, about 12,000 years in the ground in Sioux territory on a rez. So the Sioux have possesion and control as to who goes to what destination. Imaginative story.
  14. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 14:42
    Mozart, The Man Revealed by John Suchet. A cracking read.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 13:17
    I read to my wife and she to me:

Kazuo Ishiguro Alles was wir zu geben hatten (original: Never let me go)

A very intense read.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree