1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 01:471 edit
    @sh76 said
    I'm sure there have been Muslims targeted too, but in much smaller numbers than targeted Jews.
    What evidence do you have for this? Your claim that Jews just aren’t reporting attacks works just as well for Muslims.

https://apnews.com/article/muslim-boy-killed-chicago-landlord-will-county-5135dea218326d6e639a996564d9369e

The American Anti-Defamation League, or ADL, has documented a staggering 312 cases of antisemitic harassment, vandalism and assault during the first two weeks of the war, a nearly five-fold increase from the same period last year.

The Council on American Islamic Relations fielded 774 complaints during the same two weeks, more than triple last year's total for that period.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 08:40
    @sh76 said
    When I saw this, I scratched my head and scratched my head and scratched my head. With the thousands of anti-Jewish incidents occuring every day and enormous resurgence of Swastikas and Jew-hate all over college campuses, I'm thinking "What in the world? Why is Biden choosing now to worry about Islamophobia?"

As Biden has been quite supportive of Israel and has generally been ...[text shortened]... e, especially in Michigan. So, he is throwing them a bone.

I was fast asleep three minutes later.
    Well if Netanyahu would stop murdering thousands of Muslims you could go back to just worrying about the proud boys and their ilk
    Jews and Muslims are always getting attacked in western countries but the war has brought a lot more scumbags onto the street
    An anti IDF war crime protest is not an antisemitic event
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 12:58
    @mchill said
    EVERYTHING is being run by Obama, not Biden.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😏
    oh just an economy that has people on starvation, ww 3 about to start, but men can proudly wear their dresses right mchill?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 13:061 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well if Netanyahu would stop murdering thousands of Muslims you could go back to just worrying about the proud boys and their ilk
    Jews and Muslims are always getting attacked in western countries but the war has brought a lot more scumbags onto the street
    An anti IDF war crime protest is not an antisemitic event
    ===An anti IDF war crime protest is not an antisemitic event===

Not inherently, but it often (usually?) devolves into such.

"From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" is absolutely a Jew-hating chant, beause it means free of Jews. If you can't admit that, you're just fooling yourself.

Supporting Hamas is Jew-hate because Hamas stands for the murder of all Jews.

You don't get to support the Confederacy and then say "well, it's about southern pride and states' rights; I have nothing against blacks."
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 13:501 edit
    @sh76 said

"From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" is absolutely a Jew-hating chant, beause it means free of Jews. If you can't admit that, you're just fooling yourself.

Supporting Hamas is Jew-hate because Hamas stands for the murder of all Jews. ...[text shortened]... cy and then say "well, it's about southern pride and states' rights; I have nothing against blacks."
    Yeah except I’ve never chanted that and neither do the majority of people protesting what happening in Gaza
    Again I despise Hamas and again the majority at theses protests support the Palestinians and not specifically Hamas.
    Then by the same token Jews cannot support what’s happening in Gaza by virtue of supporting the regime in Israel and pretend to be rational liberal citizens of the world who deserve the support of rational libersl democracies if the world.
    I’ve been arguing against the atrocity of Russias war in Ukraine from day one but this Gaza thing is a different level albeit Israel was not the initial aggressor and Hamas would probably do worse if they could, but it’s become obvious they were never a match for the IDF and this was exactly the response they were looking for
  6. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 14:00
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah except I’ve never chanted that and neither do the majority of people protesting what happening in Gaza
    Students are chasing and harassing jews all over college campuses, chanting is the least of their worries.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 15:351 edit
    @sh76 said

Supporting Hamas is Jew-hate because Hamas stands for the murder of all Jews. ...[text shortened]... cy and then say "well, it's about southern pride and states' rights; I have nothing against blacks."

You keep asserting unevidenced things that differ wildly from reality. The "incidents" you see on the Breitbart do not even come close to "thousands per day" and the protests are mostly civil and straightforward. People are angry but non-violent. They're just trying to get their message out there, like how democracy should work. De-escalation, cease fire, fewer dollars for rockets and more dollars for humanitarian aid. You might disagree with their message, but there's hardly a tinge of anti-semitism in it.

I mean, anti-war protests usually devolve into anti-semitic incidents is a bonkers thing to write.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree