1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 13:403 edits
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    I saw the interview. I felt badly for her loss when she talked but i never got a good feeling from her. She is to busy it seems trying to be strong. But not in a positive way.

But I am going to take your advice. I am going to watch the Ellen video again, a few times. Please don't get me wrong. I do like her. She is a mega star, she put womans MMA on the m ...[text shortened]... an. I hope i did not come across as a jerk. If i did, please accept my apology.

Michael 🙂
    "I hope i did not come across as a jerk. If i did, please accept my apology."

No worries. You're currently embroiled in mud-slinging with another poster. I've been in many of these myself, though I try to avoid them. I know tensions get high during these exchanges. It shows you have class to offer an apology (though I didn't think you were being harsh).

Regarding fighting Nunez, Rhonda lost way before stepping in that octagon. She admitted to not only losing her self worth after Holm, but contemplated suicide, and likely would've gone through with it if not for the support of her boyfriend. Not that she stood a chance of beating Nunez anyway, but no amount of training would've been enough. Rhonda was mentally defeated, and could barely handle life, let alone a fight against someone like Nunez. And that's after she was already announcing a retirement, and had been focusing on a modelling, television and film career. Her passion for the sport had already dwindled.

Regarding Holm, Rhonda actually predicted that Holm would "run around" to get her "frustrated" so she could "kick me in the head of something." And that us after admitting Holm would be her hardest fight up until that point. Rhonda clearly studied her opponent, since that is exactly how Holm beat her. Rousey simply didn't have the skilI to do anything about it. I also blame the trainer for Rhonda's incredibly limited repertoire. Holm made her seem amateurish.

Still, Rhonda deserves to be among the great and influencial female fighters, such as Leila Ali.
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 05:43
    Originally posted by vivify

No worries. You're currently embroiled in mud-slinging with another poster. I've been in many of these myself, though I try to avoid them. I know tensions get high during these exchanges. It shows you have class to offer an apology (though I didn't think you were being harsh). ...[text shortened]... Still, Rhonda deserves to be among the great and influencial female fighters, such as Leila Ali.
    You speak for more eloquently then I do. And I agree 100% with every word. I watched the interview. I also agree she was beat before hand.

Her trainer let her down. Even if Rhonda was going to lose. He could have made it so Rhonda made all five rounds and never got hurt. Holm does not fight in a way that puts people away in mma. He should have protected her.

I'm sorry you had to see that classless stuff I wrote with that other moron. He has no life, follows me around because he thinks I cheat when I stink at chess, and my clan is not good but they are great people.

He lives to just argue and fight. The issue is, I pushed him to meet up with me, he blocked me, and just wants to get me kicked off. I stay out of the other forums now, and just stay in here for sports. But you gave me a reality check. I am done arguing with a coward anyway. There is something really wrong with him. I argue with him for fun, I am never angry like I use to be. He is just to silly. And I don't like his remarks about my friends and them being gay.

So I just turned back on him. Stupid of me. I'm done with all of it now. It would be different if they would actually stand up and face me. But they wont. So it is all just silly.

And since you are a fan of MMA, I am hoping you stay in here, and will talk about all the fights coming up when you can. Especially with Connor and Khabib. So many fights coming up. And I have to watch the way I phrase things because they come across as though my opinion is the right one. lol lol Yeah right. lol I hope to keep engaging in good fun about mma when you can.

Thank you for being gracious.

Michael
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 05:56

No worries. You're currently embroiled in mud-slinging with another poster. I've been in many of these myself, though I try to avoid them. I know tensions get high during these exchanges. It shows you have class to offer an apology (though I didn't think you were being harsh). ...[text shortened]... Still, Rhonda deserves to be among the great and influencial female fighters, such as Leila Ali.
    I should have also said in print. Rhonda made womans MMA possible for every female fighter that ever fights from when she entered MMA until the end of time.

Rhonda will always be the most famous woman fighter that ever lived. And she deserves that credit. I just hope she gets help with therapy. I want her to have a happy life. That is most important.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 19:34
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    You speak for more eloquently then I do. And I agree 100% with every word. I watched the interview. I also agree she was beat before hand.

Her trainer let her down. Even if Rhonda was going to lose. He could have made it so Rhonda made all five rounds and never got hurt. Holm does not fight in a way that puts people away in mma. He should have protected h ...[text shortened]... keep engaging in good fun about mma when you can.

Thank you for being gracious.

Michael
    No problem. It's nice knowing there are people with character on this forum. I appreciate your post.
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 05:42
    "I understand you like her, and I have no issue with anyone who thinks she is the greatest."

I don't think she is the greatest. Holmes is lightyears ahead of her as fighter. Nunez is in a totally different class from her.

I simply like her because she is hot and personable, in addition to having some spectacular wins. Look at her interview with Ell ...[text shortened]... view with Ellen, and I think you'll know why.

One thing is clear: her fighting days are over.
    Nunez has loss to one of the woman in the division. I have to see who it is, and watch the fight. Not that it really matters now? Nunes is completely different then when she first entered the UFC. But still interesting. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree