1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 02:09
    I have said from day one Rhonda was decent for a new division, avoiding Cyborg, and only had about five woman in it. The landscape is night and day now.

Soon as she went up against a real fighter, one who did not get tired, and was use to getting hit, and even knocked out, that would be a whole new beast compared to woman who have never fought.

The closest fighter she had was McMann, a Silver medalist in the Olympic's for wrestling, and she almost beat Rhonda. Problem was she was just to small for Rhonda.

Well, Holly Holm wasn't, and knocked her out cold.

She took more then a year off and was to mentally weak. She was not ready for Nunes, and as I predicted, first round knockout.

Rhonda was a hype machine just at the time the UFC needed her, as many super stars left, including the biggest, GSP.

Rhonda will never get the belt again, and she was never a fighter to begin with. People jumped on the train and most had no clue about the sport, and when she lost, it was pure vindication and proved what few, including myself said all along. She is not a fighter. Fighter don't run from punches, the angle off the center line and look for openings.

Rhonda should have taken a tune up fight and even that was dangerous.

That all said, Nobody will be beating Nunes for a very very long time. She is an expert in ever single area. A rare fighter, and the should put all the hype into her. And Cyborg. But Cyborg said never again will she fight under 145lbs. So that leaves Nunes all alone with nobody to challenge her.

Want to see history? Watch her fight.

Look at mmajunkie.com, bloodyelbow.com, mmafighter.com for just a little of your news.

I love jui jitsu times since I enjoy the ground game and it is my expertise.

Some of the greatest fights still to come. And in the light weight division. But Rhonda is done. Never got started really. Just a huge marketing team behind her. From hero to zero.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 14:34
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    [b]I have said from day one Rhonda was decent for a new division, avoiding Cyborg, and only had about five woman in it. The landscape is night and day now.

Soon as she went up against a real fighter, one who did not get tired, and was use to getting hit, and even knocked out, that would be a whole new beast compared to woman who have never fought.

Sh ...[text shortened]... not a fighter. Fighter don't run from punches, the angle off the center line and look for openings.
    She'd give your ass one right whomping...........then again so would most girls.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 00:59
    I have said from day one Rhonda was decent for a new division, avoiding Cyborg, and only had about five woman in it. The landscape is night and day now.

The cl ...[text shortened]... nda is done. Never got started really. Just a huge marketing team behind her. From hero to zero.
    Roused didn't just win fights, she demolished her opponents. she won multiple fights in under 30 seconds, even winning on fight in 16 seconds, and the next one in 14.

She wasn't just hype, she was spectacular. She was a lot like Mike Tyson, a fighter known for devastating KOs and 1 round victories. It wasn't simply that he won, it was how he utterly dominated opponents. Rhonda was the same way.

Any time someone dominates like that, everyone wants to see that person fall. Rhonda didn't help matters by playing the villain so much, but still.

I don't believe Rousey was overhyped, I think she lost focus by turning her attention to acting and modeling. Shortly before her fight with Holmes, she was already talking about retiring. Whether she had lost or not, Rousey was done, especially at the age of 29, which is near the end for a fighter (or any athlete).

That said, she did rely far too much on submission moves. She didn't have much in her repertoire apart from that. She really needed to work on her striking (both punching and especially kicking). Royce Gracie became a legend purely from submission moves. However, as the sport evolved, relying purely on grappling would cease to work for him. This is what happened to Rousey (though Gracie lasted much longer, fighting in his 40's).

I hope Rousey finds a career in as an actor, TV persona and/or model. She has an engaging personality, in addition to being quite lovely. But, leaving the sport after losing so badly (twice) could have severely damaged her popularity. We'll see.
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 21:40
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    She'd give your ass one right whomping...........then again so would most girls.
    it did not take you long. If you are in love with me, im sorry I am about to marry a wonderful woman, and although you are coming out on a chess site, i am really sorry to say you will have to move on from me.

Don't be ashamed of who you are. Being gay is no different then being straight.

I think the only difference with you is you are a coward. Would you like to address contacting each other again, and see if we can resolve our differences in person?

If not, just move on, find yourself a nice guy, and enjoy your life. You do realize this is a chess site right? I mean it's chess for the love of god. Do you realize your not on some tough guy site? How low is your life that your only entertainment is coming in here? If this makes you happy okay, but I would go out and experience life. All the time you are in here, you are neglecting your man at home, maybe children?

Try living life, instead of pretending to be tough when you know you wont do a dam thing. We have done this before for everyone to see, and many contacted me and called you a coward. They saw you for what you are. Try a different approach. This is really old. And wow, girls can beat me up. You are so witty. How will I ever sleep tonight.

COWARD. Now go congratulate Robbie and go back to your ballet dancing.
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 21:59
    Originally posted by vivify
    Roused didn't just win fights, she demolished her opponents. she won multiple fights in under 30 seconds, even winning on fight in 16 seconds, and the next one in 14.

She wasn't just hype, she was spectacular. She was a lot like Mike Tyson, a fighter known for devastating KOs and 1 round victories. It wasn't simply that he won, it was how he utterly d ...[text shortened]... the sport after losing so badly (twice) could have severely damaged her popularity. We'll see.
    I respect your opinion, but you cant learn to box at this level at her age. She was not a fighter. Do you realize the woman she fought were also not real fighters? The first real fighter she fought was Tate. Tate needed more work. And Tate was an average fighter. You cant even call her a gate keeper. Rhonda faced a "Real" fighter. A woman who was use to being hit, and knew how to box, and Muay Thai as well. And what happened? Knocked out cold!!! Beth Coreia? she moved like a robot. There were no more then five or six people in that division. How can she be a super star fighter when there was nobody to fight, and then loses to the first real fighter? Holly fought for 17 years as a world champion. The results speak for themselves.

Cat Zingano? She ran across the ring, jumped in the air, landed on the ground, with Rhona on top, head lock, punches, and over. How do you call that a fight? Zingano is also not a fighter.

The division now is completely different. You are right. MMA has changed. Which is why Rhonda can no longer fight. She is done. Nunes is a real fighter, can take the hits, she is not in it looking for an actress job.

Rhonda will also not be a an actress of note. Gina Carano has done average, and she was and is gorgeous. Her last movie? Into the Blood? That was actually her best movie and it was good. Gina also fought Cyborg. Rhonda ran from her.

Go back and look at the fighters in the division before she got beat. As in her last fight with Tate. The division was so small, Tate came around twice. You have about six fighters that would knock Rhonda out now, and a year ago.

I understand you like her, and I have no issue with anyone who thinks she is the greatest. I have just been watching this for far to long, and doing it, to know better. She fought what we call "tomato cans". You should know that term and I think you do. Holly was for real. Rhonda quit. I actually felt badly for her in the beating she took. What I don't like is how she is not a good at being gracious in defeat.

Don't expect Nunes to lose anytime soon. Although the Russian girl will give her a run for her money. But I understand why you feel the way you do. And you cant win without a ground game. It is not possible. If you do win without one? Then your division is horrible. Wrestling, and most importantly Jits is the key and the base for all of MMA. You have heard Rogan say a million times.

Rhonda had Judo and an arm bar. World class. But no stand up, no Muay Thai, no Wrestling, no Jits, that is not what i call a world class fighter. She was just able to use Judo against six woman? Who were not fighters themselves, and had very little skill. You say Royce only had a ground game? Not true. Go back and watch him fight Kimo. I think Royce would have done great in this day and age. But Rhonda only had Judo. Nothing else. Holly showed everyone that. It had nothing to do with media or pressure. Nunes show us that as well.
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 01:38
    it did not take you long. If you are in love with me, im sorry I am about to marry a wonderful woman, and although you are coming out on a chess site, i am really sorry to say you will have to move on from me.

Don't be ashamed of who you are. Being gay is no different then being straight.

I think the only difference with you is you are a coward. Would ...[text shortened]... ever sleep tonight.

COWARD. Now go congratulate Robbie and go back to your ballet dancing.
    So what you're getting at here with all this waffle is that YES........you were bullied by girls when you were growing up and it's left you feeling quite unmanly and very inadequate.

You seem to mention ballet and in particular ballet shoes in many posts on the forums here. Was your .......bullying problem........associated with ballet ????

Hmmmmmm......yes......I'm getting the picture now...........a classic case.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 02:054 edits
    I respect your opinion, but you cant learn to box at this level at her age. She was not a fighter. Do you realize the woman she fought were also not real fighters? The first real fighter she fought was Tate. Tate needed more work. And Tate was an average fighter. You cant even call her a gate keeper. Rhonda faced a "Real" fighter. A woman who was use to bei ...[text shortened]... y showed everyone that. It had nothing to do with media or pressure. Nunes show us that as well.
    "I understand you like her, and I have no issue with anyone who thinks she is the greatest."

I don't think she is the greatest. Holmes is lightyears ahead of her as fighter. Nunez is in a totally different class from her.

I simply like her because she is hot and personable, in addition to having some spectacular wins. Look at her interview with Ellen (after the fight with Holly). Very down to earth, charming and lovely. As far as gracious in defeat, she's been quite gracious to Holmes, though not to Nunez. Watch her interview with Ellen, and I think you'll know why.

One thing is clear: her fighting days are over.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 06:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    "I understand you like her, and I have no issue with anyone who thinks she is the greatest."

I don't think she is the greatest. Holmes is lightyears ahead of her as fighter. Nunez is in a totally different class from her.

I simply like her because she is hot and personable, in addition to having some spectacular wins. Look at her interview with Ell ...[text shortened]... view with Ellen, and I think you'll know why.

One thing is clear: her fighting days are over.
    I saw the interview. I felt badly for her loss when she talked but i never got a good feeling from her. She is to busy it seems trying to be strong. But not in a positive way.

But I am going to take your advice. I am going to watch the Ellen video again, a few times. Please don't get me wrong. I do like her. She is a mega star, she put womans MMA on the map, even way more then Gina, and every woman fighter should be on their knees thanking her.

I also think her manager did her so wrong in that fight with Holly. I think she would have lost, but could have saved her chin and not been knocked out. He should have told her to stop running after her, and do nothing in that second round. To catch her breath. Even if she gave the round away. Who cares. You protect that woman, and your fighter. Then going into the third round, maybe change up the game plan, and see how she did. But nope. I blame her trainer, not Rhonda for the Holm fight. I think Rhonda should have taken a fight with a girl she knew she could beat instead of Nunes. Work her way back, make more money, and keep her acting career going. Her manager let her down to.

She also has some emotional issues and someone should be getting her help. And I also think she has the looks to do anything she wants. I just hope she does not get in her own way. I actually think there is a little girl in there who needs help, then she can be the woman she was meant to be. I hope nothing but the best for that woman. I hope i did not come across as a jerk. If i did, please accept my apology.

Michael 🙂
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 06:21
    So what you're getting at here with all this waffle is that YES........you were bullied by girls when you were growing up and it's left you feeling quite unmanly and very inadequate.

You seem to mention ballet and in particular ballet shoes in many posts on the forums here. Was your .......bullying problem........associated with ballet ????

another yawn. and still neglecting your boyfriend and your kids. what a shame. and yes. you got me. girls beat me up. it was so hard growing up. god you are so smart and so witty. But i am sorry to say it is your ballet career we are talking about. Don't worry, everone accepts you as a gay man, they will accept you as a pink outfit wearing ballet dancer. Do you still wear your moms clothes when she goes to work?

You should try moving out of her basement. I do wish you luck with that.

By the way, you can still contact me, for the meet up. We can easily settle our differences. Don't you think?

I am going to dedicate a thread to you. Toughest guy in any chess forum. LOL LOL LOL How you don't make your family sick is beyond me.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 06:32

Do you realize you talk like a girl? Your not even witty. I realized you don't talk like a man. I think you are a woman posing as a man. I mean "classic case". Really? girls beating me up? Is this really the best you got? LOL LOL LOL Please keep posting. My fiance is still laughing and thought you were a girl the way you talk. Don't worry, the thread dedicated to you is coming.
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:22
    another yawn. and still neglecting your boyfriend and your kids. what a shame. and yes. you got me. girls beat me up. it was so hard growing up. god you are so smart and so witty. But i am sorry to say it is your ballet career we are talking about. Don't worry, everone accepts you as a gay man, they will accept you as a pink outfit wearing ballet dancer. Do ...[text shortened]... oughest guy in any chess forum. LOL LOL LOL How you don't make your family sick is beyond me.
    Gee Mr tough man......you so strong and scary. !!!!!!

How did the brain transplant go anyway? Did they find a donor flea ???

To be honest you're about as tough as you are an honest chess player. My daughter would beat you stupid.

Now just a note for your tiny brain. MMA is for morons like yourself. It is not a sport but an exercise for steroid pumping wannabes. He who pumps the most steroids is the winner. Kinda like the way you throw games to your boyfriend carrobie hey.

I believe that most of those MMA morons have shrunken gonads and beat their wives and kids for fun. Remind you of anybody? Maybe it wasn't a brain transplant.........gonad operation????

Anyway.......just putting on my tutu and going down the gym to sort out a few steroid pumping MMA wannabes. I love belting them around like punching bags. Blow me a kiss sweetie !!!
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:40
    Do you realize you talk like a girl? Your not even witty. I realized you don't talk like a man. I think you are a woman posing as a man. I mean "classic case". Really? girls beating me up? Is this really the best you got? LOL LOL LOL Please keep posting. My fiance is still laughing and thought you were a girl the way you talk. Don't worry, the thread dedicated to you is coming.
    Oh.....goody goody goody !!!!!!

A thread just for me !!!!!

You oh so strong and tough. Did you manage to get out of that wet paper bag yet sweetie !!!!

My wife said you sound like a wannabe pansy with a very small pee pee......but hey.....what would she know. She's not a big tough MMA fighter like you.

Anyway, I heard a rumour that your signature move is the rear naked choke. Is that true? I bet most of the boys in your neighbourhood feared that !! Most of them are still walking bandy from that one. LOL LOL LOL!!!
  13. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 11:14

To be honest you're about as tough as you are an honest chess player. My daughter would beat you stupid.

Now just a note for your tiny brain. MMA is for morons like yourself. It is not a sport but an exercise for steroid ...[text shortened]... pumping MMA wannabes. I love belting them around like punching bags. Blow me a kiss sweetie !!!
    more of the same. big Yawn. Try harder. I know you can. I have seen funny stuff from you. This is just stupid even for you. Yes girls beat me up, and the mma fighters all do steroids. Anything else?
  14. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 11:18
    Oh.....goody goody goody !!!!!!

A thread just for me !!!!!

You oh so strong and tough. Did you manage to get out of that wet paper bag yet sweetie !!!!

My wife said you sound like a wannabe pansy with a very small pee pee......but hey.....what would she know. She's not a big tough MMA fighter like you.

Anyway, I heard a rumour that your sig ...[text shortened]... neighbourhood feared that !! Most of them are still walking bandy from that one. LOL LOL LOL!!!
    actually that is my favorite move. You have my email address. Your not getting me thrown off the site. It will never happen. Now if you want to be a man, like i said, "allow" me to contact you, and we will talk. But you don't. You ran. And You have no woman that much i am convinced of. By the way you talk you are either a woman, or you are a young kid who is just good at chess but socially you are completely missing that part of the brain that allows you to fit in.

I actually feel sorry for you. If you really need this that bad, go for it. I never report anyone, not even you. So have fun. If I am wrong about you because you are the only one I have not looked into yet, then you are by far the biggest coward I have ever come across in my entire life.
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 11:19

Now just a note for your tiny brain. MMA is for morons like yourself. It is not a sport but an exercise for steroid ...[text shortened]... pumping MMA wannabes. I love belting them around like punching bags. Blow me a kiss sweetie !!!
    you don't have a daughter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree