1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    This is a statement of faith I do not believe is true.

" Since one cannot lose their salvation in the first place,"

Revelation 3:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
    3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come ...[text shortened]... s 6:7
    Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
    I can respond to each of those verses but not today. I spent more time than I wanted here today.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes, I know those verses well. But how would you reconcile Ephesians where salvation is guaranteed? And many other places too numerous to mention?
    BTW, I used commentaries because they articulate well what I want to say and saves a lot of time.
    I believe both, that when we are walking in God's Spirit there is NOTHING that can alter
    that, it is up to us to serve God not sin. We who are born again receive God's Spirit and
    we are told to follow God's Spirit to do with works He has for us to do. He teaches us
    about God, and all spiritual things of God which we could not receive by living out our
    lives in the flesh.

Brother and I do believe we are, I believe with all my heart that Jesus died for us and
    wants us to be saved, and He is faithful. I believe if we do sin, and even denying Him in a
    moment of weakness isn't enough to cast us away. If that were true Peter would not have
    been able to recover from his denial. This walking away isn't a single sin, or even one that
    someone could be struggling with, but turning one's back on the Lord for whatever reason,
    and no reason in my opinion is good enough to bring up any that would matter. I do
    believe that type of walking away would have to be a flown blown defiant rejection of the
    Spirit of God, because God would not willing let any of us go, it would take some doing
    to get there.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 00:53
    I believe both, that when we are walking in God's Spirit there is NOTHING that can alter
    that, it is up to us to serve God not sin. We who are born again receive God's Spirit and
    we are told to follow God's Spirit to do with works He has for us to do. He teaches us
    about God, and all spiritual things of God which we could not receive by living out our
    l ...[text shortened]... of God, because God would not willing let any of us go, it would take some doing
    to get there.
    I have heard that before and sounds like blasphemy against God. I think that is talking about someone sold out to Satan though.
    I believe with all my heart that salvation is irrevocable like the Bible says.
    Good night.🙂
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 10:39
    I have heard that before and sounds like blasphemy against God. I think that is talking about someone sold out to Satan though.
    I believe with all my heart that salvation is irrevocable like the Bible says.
    Good night.🙂
    Well, we disagree, I believe I'm right...not because I like my version better I just think it is
    the truth. I think saying someone can live a sinful life without repentance and ignoring God
    is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, to rebel against him like that. That to claim they are
    still saved, in the face of all the warnings against turning away I believe is not scriptural.
    I also believe that when we do come to God and are Spirit filled from that point as we
    walk with the Lord our salvation has begun, which will last forever.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 17:39
    Well, we disagree, I believe I'm right...not because I like my version better I just think it is
    the truth. I think saying someone can live a sinful life without repentance and ignoring God
    is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, to rebel against him like that. That to claim they are
    still saved, in the face of all the warnings against turning away I belie ...[text shortened]... lled from that point as we
    walk with the Lord our salvation has begun, which will last forever.
    Are you referring to these verses?
    Matt 12:31-32

31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
    NKJV
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 17:55
    Hebrews 6: 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put ...[text shortened]... now God fit this, or are there those
    that did know God, and they walked away from Him fit this?
    I think the issue is what is "falling away"?

Does this make the story of the Prodigal son null and void? I don't think so.

Does this mean when Peter denied Jesus 3 times that he fell away? I don't think so.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:14
    Originally posted by whodey

Does this mean when Peter denied Jesus 3 times that he fell away? I don't think so.
    I agree it goes beyond both of those.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:23
    Originally posted by whodey

The problem you are having is caused by the doctrine (which i heard you state recently) that all sins are the same.... or something along those lines.

Why would you assume that Peter fell away?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are people here who believe I "pretended to know God" and/or I "did know God and I walked away from Him". Is it those people you want to discuss this with, or is it people like me you want to discuss it with?
    Everyone knows what you believe about the Bible, so what is there to discuss with you anyway?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:47
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Everyone knows what you believe about the Bible, so what is there to discuss with you anyway?
    Says the man who only has 2 topics of conversation; 'absolute truth' and 'torturing babies for fun.'
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 20:01
    Are you referring to these verses?
    Matt 12:31-32

31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
    NKJV
    Yes
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 22:41
    Here we see what Jesus will say to some who thought they were saved, but weren't.

Matthew 7:21-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 23:35
    I can respond to each of those verses but not today. I spent more time than I wanted here today.
    No worries or hurry
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 23:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Here we see what Jesus will say to some who thought they were saved, but weren't.

Matthew 7:21-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy i ...[text shortened]... d then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
    Notice Jesus did not deny the claims either.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 00:03
    Notice Jesus did not deny the claims either.
    Sure he did. If Jesus rejects you, you are going to hell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree