1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:28
    Definitely the one seeking to experience Jesus Christ in practical terms will benefit greatly from speaking to Christ and speaking the word of God.

This is throughout the entire Bible. In the fourth generation of mankind men began to SPEAK out to God CALLING on His name to draw close to God.
    Genesis 4:26

" And to Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time men began to call upon the name of Jehovah."

Early in the fourth generation when men began to realize that they were drifting farther and farther away from their Maker from Adam's sin, some wiser ones began to CALL ON THE NAME OF GOD.

They used their MOUTHS.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:37
    Worship is to walk and live in God. Some more stupid concepts think worship is something sanctimonious and ceremonial. Actually in the new covenant to walk, sit, work, even go to the toilet in fellowship with the living God is worship.

Step by step waling with God is worship. It is not worship only to stand and sit on command of some clergyman, sing a hymn, or listen to a benediction.

You worship when ever you touch God the Spirit with your human spirit and worship the Father in spirit.

" But an hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truthfulness, for the Father seeks such to worship Him.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truthfulness." (John 4:22,23)

Even today as in the day of Enosh (meaning "frail mortal man" ) , realizing how deeply we need God moment by moment we worship by drinking in the Spirit of Christ by calling on His name.

To get from this moment to the next moment, often we need to call on the name of the Lord Jesus to walk with God. This is worship. This is also drinking of the living water of the Holy Spirit in our regenerated spirit.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:421 edit
    Definitely the true worshipper should not be discouraged from using his or her MOUTH to call out either loudly or softly or even whisper "Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus. I WALK step by step with YOU Lord."

Your thirsty innermost being seeks to drink in the Spirit of Christ as He even taught.

" But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal lie." (John 4:14)

Of course this may involve the calling mouth.
    Of course this man involve the praying and praising MOUTH.
    Of course this involves the SPEAKING TO GOD .... mouth.

And this is in the same chapter in which Jesus says that Father seeks such to worship Him "in spirit and truthfulness" (v.24) .
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:47
    Do you even comprehend what it is you are being tackled on or criticized for when the term "mouth worship" is used? It's as if you pretending not to know what the dispute is about.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:51
    Enosh means "frail mortal man". When the man realizes the he is frail and in need of inner strengthening from God Himself - he will CALL on the name of Jesus.

Of course that is a profitable use of the mouth - to stir up the spirit where the Spirit of Christ is within the saved person.

The Psalmist absolutely LOVED God because he discovered to his amazement that God HEARD his VOICE.

" I love Jehovah because He hears My voice, my supplications, Because He inclines His ear to me;

Therefore I will call upon Him all my days. " (Psalm 116:1,2)

I encourage you to read the entire Psalm 116 to see how meaningful it was to use his voice and his calling to experience God's support and supply.

Below the Psalmist says he will lift up the cup of salvation and CALL (which requires the MOUTH) on the name of the Lord. This is like drinking the grace of God from a cup - a cup of salvation.

"What shall I return to Jehovah for all His benefits toward me?

I will take up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of Jehovah." (vs.12,13)

Use the mouth to call " O Father God. O my Father. O Lord JESUS. I drink You in. Lord I drink in the cup of salvation - the salvation of the Triune God living in me."
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:00
    The Psalmist felt himself in the depths of trouble and sorrow. He loved God because God HEARD his VOICE. Of course God knows a man's heart even if he does not speak.

But the speaking and the calling to God is blessing to the one because living unto God is living AGAINST the downward current of this sinful age. It is like the salmon fish swimming against the powerful stream. So though God knows the heart of course, to stir up the innermost spirit is strengthening to the believer.

"Therefore I will call upon Him all my days. The bonds of death encompassed me. And the distress of Sheol fell upon me;

I fell upon trouble and sorrow, BUT I called upon the name of Jehovah.

O Jehovah, I pray, deliver my soul. Jehovah is gracious and righteous, Indeed our God is compassionate. Jehovah preserves the simple.

I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul; For Jehovah has dealt bountifully with you. (See Psalm 116 .. all of it)

In simplicity this man found the benefit of CALLING on the the name of God. The point here is to use the mouth and like the Psalmist lift up the cup of salvation calling your way to Jesus OUT of sorrow, OUT of trouble, OUT of distress, OUT of the threat of Sheol. itself.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:064 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you even comprehend what it is you are being tackled on or criticized for when the term "mouth worship" is used? It's as if you pretending not to know what the dispute is about.
    Sometime I'll talk about vanity in worship.
    Not now.

Sometime I'll examine hypocrisy.
    This "monologue" (or discussion, as the case may be) is about USING the mouth just like in the book of Acts. The persecutor Saul could HEAR, could identify, could locate the Christians because he could hear them worshipping by calling on the name of Jesus.

Acts 9:14

Jubilee Bible 2000
    and even here he has authority from the princes of the priests to bind all that call on thy name.

King James 2000 Bible
    And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on your name.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:141 edit
    Have you discovered that the Lord HEARS your voice reader ?

Have you made this wonderful discovery? God inclines His ear to you and will HEAR your voice.

" I love [the Lord Jesus Christ in this case] BECAUSE ... He hears my voice, my supplications,

Because He inclines His ear to me;

Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (Psalm 116 [paraphrased] )

Jesus Christ will HEAR your voice when you CALL out to Jesus Christ.
    Call out to Jesus Christ for total cleansing and washing from every sin.
    Call out to Jesus Christ for the presence of God.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    Sometime I'll talk about vanity in worship.
    Not now.

Sometime I'll examine hypocrisy.
    This "monologue" (or discussion, as the case may be) is about USING the mouth just like in the book of Acts. The persecutor Saul could HEAR, could identify, could locate the Christians because he could hear them worshipping by calling on the name of Jesus.

[b]A ...[text shortened]...
    And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on your name.
    [/quote]
    Er... you used 'Reply & Quote', but the question you were replying to was: Do you even comprehend what it is you are being tackled on or criticized for when the term "mouth worship" is used?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Er... you used 'Reply & Quote', but the question you were replying to was: Do you even comprehend what it is you are being tackled on or criticized for when the term "mouth worship" is used?
    I didn't read any of the thread on it by Rajk999.
    Not a word did I read.

Sometime, I will speak much to the matter of the vanity of hypocrisy.
    Now is the time to encourage people that "worship" is really living in fellowship with God.

Sure, there is a time for corporate praising and singing and proclaiming together in worship. But in the sense of John 4 worship in spirit and truthfulness is a matter of moment by moment drinking in the Spirit of Christ.

That Spirit of Christ within will become a well of water gushing up into eternal life.
    How can anyone not see the mouth is vital to this "drinking" ?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:50
    I didn't read any of the thread on it by Rajk999.
    Not a word did I read.
    Is this a 'debating point' of some kind?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:181 edit
    The mouth is also used in Romans 8 to practically follow the Spirit.

The use of the calling mouth is not vain there by quite useful in applying the freedom to follow the Holy Spirit.

" For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again, but you have received a spirit of sonship in which we cry Abba, Father! " (Rom. 8:15)

Crying requires the mouth doesn't it?

And when the one seeking to follow the Spirit of the Son of God implanted in his spirit, the capital S - Spirit of God witnesses along with the small s born again spirit of man - testifying that we are indeed children of God.

We are related in an intimate and organic union with God deep in our spirit.

"The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are the children of God." (v.16)

What wonderful benefit there is in worshiping with the mouth crying out "Daddy, Abba Father. God You are now my own Father, Father !"
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:482 edits
    Sometime, I will speak much to the matter of the vanity of hypocrisy.
    Self awareness really isn't one of your strengths.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 12:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Self awareness really isn't one of your strengths.
    "The joy of the Lord is my strength. "

Try it sometime.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 14:391 edit
    [b]"The joy of the Lord is my strength. "

Try it sometime.[/b]
    Too much milk and ignoring the meat, will lead to eternal damnation: I hope Christians take your advise sparingly, and instead listen to Paul.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Hebrews 5:12-6:8 KJV)

Summary:
    1. Some Christians only focus on the first principles of the oracles of God - milk
    2. These Christians do not know about righteousness
    3. Mature Christians know of strong Meat which is the ability to discern good and evil
    4. It is essential to move away from basic principles, talk, mouth worship, and to focus on the strong meat - the ability to discern good and evil, as these Christians receive blessings from God.
    5. Christians who fail in this regard will bear thorns and briers and are fit to be burned

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree