1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 11:09
    The true character of a man who behaves one way at church and in some places in public is if he is presenting himself as good and righteous, but at home or elsewhere he is different domineering, and self-centered. Which is the true reflection of that man, I submit is where he is elsewhere not the way he presents himself at church.

I also submit how we treat others here shows ourselves to be the type of people we are as well, this is where we feel like airing out all of the crap we use to dump on others for whatever reason we have at the moment if we have to justify our bad behavior we know we have done others ill, where we didn't there isn't a felt need.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 11:36
    @kellyjay said
    The true character of a man who behaves one way at church and in some places in public is if he is presenting himself as good and righteous, but at home or elsewhere he is different domineering, and self-centered. Which is the true reflection of that man, I submit is where he is elsewhere not the way he presents himself at church.

I also submit how we treat others here ...[text shortened]... o justify our bad behavior we know we have done others ill, where we didn't there isn't a felt need.
    You seem to enjoy starting threads which try to discuss peoples behaviour and character. Its like you are psychoanalysing people. I think thats a personality flaw.

The true character of a man is known only to God, so maybe you should resist the temptation to do it and fail, which you so often do.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:04
    @kellyjay said

I also submit how we treat others here ...[text shortened]... o justify our bad behavior we know we have done others ill, where we didn't there isn't a felt need.
    Agreed. It is about of our good works away from faith.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Agreed. It is about of our good works away from faith.
    It is about our lives, one who lives two different types of lives is being true to his nature, he is broken.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:30
    @rajk999 said
    You seem to enjoy starting threads which try to discuss peoples behaviour and character. Its like you are psychoanalysing people. I think thats a personality flaw.

The true character of a man is known only to God, so maybe you should resist the temptation to do it and fail, which you so often do.
    And you are correcting me why?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:31
    @kellyjay said
    I also submit how we treat others here shows ourselves to be the type of people we are as well, this is where we feel like airing out all of the crap we use to dump on others for whatever reason we have at the moment if we have to justify our bad behavior we know we have done others ill, where we didn't there isn't a felt need.
    I wonder if this means your one-year-long huff is over.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:45
    @kellyjay said
    It is about our lives, one who lives two different types of lives is being true to his nature, he is broken.
    What does this mean? I'm not sure I agree with this, in fact I think I don't.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 12:57
    @suzianne said
    We can present ourselves to be something we want others to think we are in one setting, for example church, or in some organization of any type. Be someone else in another, and another while alone. In social media or online, we can be quite different than we in our real world interactions. So the real us is what?
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 13:17
    @kellyjay said

And yet you would send the nasty churchgoer straight to heaven, and condemn the goody Muslim/Atheist/Hindu/practicing homosexual/ornithologist to eternal hell and damnation. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it?

And by the way, some people are women, you know.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 13:18
    @suzianne said
    I think he meant 'untrue' not 'true.'
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 13:59
    @indonesia-phil said
    And yet you would send the nasty churchgoer straight to heaven, and condemn the goody Muslim/Atheist/Hindu/practicing homosexual/ornithologist to eternal hell and damnation. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it?

And by the way, some people are women, you know.
    All have sinned and fallen short this includes those who attend church, going to church doesn’t change one’s nature.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 18:30
    @kellyjay said
    We can present ourselves to be something we want others to think we are in one setting, for example church, or in some organization of any type. Be someone else in another, and another while alone. In social media or online, we can be quite different than we in our real world interactions. So the real us is what?
    It’s called online disinhibition by the way.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 21:11
    @kellyjay said
    All have sinned and fallen short this includes those who attend church, going to church doesn’t change one’s nature.
    '....., going to church doesn't change one's nature.' That's for sure, still, I'd be right peeved if I went to church and did all that praying and then went to hell anyway, what a waste of all those Sunday mornings.

By the way, in my previous post, for 'goody' read 'goodly', I fell short on my English grammar.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Jan '24 21:372 edits
    @kellyjay said

The same goes for anywhere, not just church. A politician who acts all righteous in public but behaves the opposite away from cameras is just as much of a hypocrite.

Same for a cop, judge, forum poster, etc.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '24 00:15
    @vivify said
    The same goes for anywhere, not just church. A politician who acts all righteous in public but behaves the opposite away from cameras is just as much of a hypocrite.

Same for a cop, judge, forum poster, etc.
    Agree putting a false front anywhere for any reason is duplicitous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree