1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 14:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course there is always the possibility that god's provision is that all will be saved thanks to Jesus and that we actually have nothing to do except behave, obey and love one another.
    So where's the dividing line for salvation for you?

Your statement can be taken multiple ways.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    If it comes from God, how does it make sense that God cannot forgive those for whom God did not give this belief?

If it does not come from God, but from the individual. How does it make sense that it is not from the individual's "own efforts"?

If God is a just God, how does it make sense that this is the dividing line between being granted o ...[text shortened]... for there is no other name under heaven given to people, and we must be saved by it."
    It might help if you answer each question with what you believe is the dividing line for salvation in mind in place of what was given in the OP.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:34
    In a world that rewards good behavior, and punishes bad behavior, many find it difficult or uneasy accepting the truth of the bible that someone else has paid for your sins despite your behavior.
    The truth is, that it is only available to those that believe and accept what Romans 10:9 and 10 lay out. A person HAS to believe Jesus is alive and Has to confess(acknowledge) that He is Lord.
    Many people want to earn their salvation or pay it themselves by doing good works.
    Well the sad news is, the ONLY way to pay for your own sins is to simply die. Then you will also be cast into the lake of fire where you will die a second death. Then your sins will be paid for without Jesus. Problem is, you will be dead.
    If people were to realize the truth of what Jesus did, (His sacrifice) and how simple and easy it is to be saved, they would be thrilled and thankful. They would rejoice and love Jesus forever.
    Then when we are in union with Him, we will produce the good fruit and good works. Without Him, we will produce religion and unworthy and foolish sacrifices.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    In a world that rewards good behavior, and punishes bad behavior, many find it difficult or uneasy accepting the truth of the bible that someone else has paid for your sins despite your behavior.
    The truth is, that it is only available to those that believe and accept what Romans 10:9 and 10 lay out. A person HAS to believe Jesus is alive and Has to con ...[text shortened]... fruit and good works. Without Him, we will produce religion and unworthy and foolish sacrifices.
    Mr Hit and Run .. why not stick around and discuss it instead of posting googled stuff. We can all google. What are you afraid of?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 19:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Mr Hit and Run .. why not stick around and discuss it instead of posting googled stuff. We can all google. What are you afraid of?
    What does google have to do with anything? Hit and run? You are still an idiot, which is why I don't spend much time here. It is too much a waste of my time trying to answer senseless arguments.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 20:001 edit
    The truth is, that it is only available to those that believe and accept what Romans 10:9 and 10 lay out. A person HAS to believe Jesus is alive and Has to con ...[text shortened]... fruit and good works. Without Him, we will produce religion and unworthy and foolish sacrifices.
    Well the sad news is, the ONLY way to pay for your own sins is to simply die. Then you will also be cast into the lake of fire where you will die a second death. Then your sins will be paid for without Jesus. Problem is, you will be dead.

The truth is that this is not true. The following is what God had to say:
    Ezekiel 18
    21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live.
    23Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

30“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. [/b]Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.[/b]
    31Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?
    32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

This is consistent with what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth. He spoke repeatedly about the importance of repentance.

He also said things such as the following:
    John 5
    28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Matthew 16
    24Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.

Actually, it's more like in a world of the self-centered who find ways to avoid taking responsibility, many instead choose to believe self-serving doctrine such as what you've posted here.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 20:05
    What does google have to do with anything? Hit and run? You are still an idiot, which is why I don't spend much time here. It is too much a waste of my time trying to answer senseless arguments.
    You mean you stopped posting here because of me?? I dont know if to be flattered or insulted... hmmmm.. I think i will go with flattered.

Anyway your first sentence is so much BS I think that's the reason you left. The world rewards good and punishes evil ... but God does not do that ???!!!! REALLY. Lol
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 21:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You mean you stopped posting here because of me?? I dont know if to be flattered or insulted... hmmmm.. I think i will go with flattered.

Anyway your first sentence is so much BS I think that's the reason you left. The world rewards good and punishes evil ... but God does not do that ???!!!! REALLY. Lol
    Don't flatter yourself, mosquitoes are only a nuisance.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Well the sad news is, the ONLY way to pay for your own sins is to simply die. Then you will also be cast into the lake of fire where you will die a second death. Then your sins will be paid for without Jesus. Problem is, you will be dead.

The truth is that this is not true. The following is what God had to say:
    [quote]Ezekiel 18
    21“But if a wi ...[text shortened]... nsibility, many instead choose to believe self-serving doctrine such as what you've posted here.[/b]
    That is exactly why I don't waste my time on people like you. You are brainwashed. You want to pay for your own sins. Your cup is full.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:113 edits
    That is exactly why I don't waste my time on people like you. You are brainwashed. You want to pay for your own sins. Your cup is full.
    After all, why would anyone listen to what God or Jesus had to say about it when others are selling a tantalizing self-serving doctrine? I understand. It's all about getting so much and giving so little.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:23
    After all, why would anyone listen to what God or Jesus had to say about it when others are selling a tantalizing self-serving doctrine? I understand. It's all about getting so much and giving so little.
    I am stating what God and Jesus are stating.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:26
    I [b]am stating what God and Jesus are stating.[/b]
    The passages I cited tell a different story. I understand that that's what you've been sold. I'm sure it's just so tantalizing that you can't resist. It's as if you're a slave to it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:391 edit
    The passages I cited tell a different story. I understand that that's what you've been sold. I'm sure it's just so tantalizing that you can't resist. It's as if you're a slave to it.
    The passages you quoted are good. They just don't mean what you think they do.
    Jesus will repay for good or bad, but he is not speaking of life or losing salvation, he is speaking of rewards for good and punishment for doing what is bad. But not losing salvation. He cannot contradict himself nor his Father.
    I have spent too much time here already for one day....later.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:46
    The passages you quoted are good. They just don't mean what you think they do.
    Jesus will repay for good or bad, but he is not speaking of life or losing salvation, he is speaking of rewards for good and punishment for doing what is bad. But not losing salvation. He cannot contradict himself nor his Father.
    I have spent too much time here already for one day....later.
    The words of God are explicit and unambiguous in Ezekiel 18 and are consistent with what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth. They mean exactly what they say.

They also contradict what you've been sold.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 18:58
    So you do believe the dividing line for salvation is whether or not an individual believes and confesses "Jesus is Lord and that God has raised Him from the dead"?
    I believe that Romans 10:9,10 is certainly trustworthy.

It all hinges on Christ being faithful as well as living.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree