1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Exactly. Grace living is walking after the spirit and not after the flesh. Good works are the consequence of grace.

The law only condemns.
    You have failed to properly understand the teachings of Paul. However that is not a fatal flaw. There are people who despite their lack of ability to read and understand still have the works of the law written in their hearts and their conscience guides them to live righteously.

Jesus Christ and his teachings is in every human being but some people gravitate to darkness and are afraid of the Light because the Light will condemn them for their evil works.

Everything is worthless and the only thing that matters is ... the keeping of the commandments of God. (1 Corinthians 7:19 KJV)

Yet all you can do is to condemn the law and doctrine of Christ.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have failed to properly understand the teachings of Paul. However that is not a fatal flaw. There are people who despite their lack of ability to read and understand still have the works of the law written in their hearts and their conscience guides them to live righteously.

Jesus Christ and his teachings is in every human being but some people gravit ...[text shortened]... orinthians 7:19 KJV)[/i]

Yet all you can do is to condemn the law and doctrine of Christ.[/b]
    "Yet all you can do is to condemn the law and doctrine of Christ."

No one is condemning the law. Proof you can't comprehend what others are saying. Like Paul said in Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

But you seem to think that by keeping the law you gain the righteousness of the law. That is a false teaching. The righteousness of God necessary for admittance into the presents of God is imputed by God through faith in God's Christ.

You cannot earn that righteousness. In fact you can't even keep the law. Only Jesus kept the law. You will fail and sin again and again till the day you die. You were born a sinner, and you'll die a sinner. Your only hope is in Christ.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 16:39
    ... But you seem to think that by keeping the law you gain the righteousness of the law. ...
    I dont know what law you are talking about as I have never referred to any law. I speak of the commandments of Christ. John speaking to the Christians saints said:

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; ..(1 John 3:7 KJV)

Here John identifies two kinds of Christians .. those who live righteously[keep his commandments] and those who continue with their sinful lifestyle. The same can be found in all of the books by Paul, Peter, James and Jude.

Those who do righteous things [keep the commandments] and are righteous even as Christ is righteous.
    Those who sin who are of the Devil.
    Again some love darkness and some love the Light of Christ
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 19:231 edit
    You cannot earn that righteousness. In fact you can't even keep the law. Only Jesus kept the law. You will fail and sin again and again till the day you die. You were born a sinner, and you'll die a sinner. Your only hope is in Christ.

He's not going to like this because it seems only to stress positional sanctification.
    But dispositional sanctification is spoken of quite much too.

The turning point from the positional to the dispositional sanctification in Romans I think occurs in Romans 5:10.

" For if we being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled."

Reconciliation has taken place in the past. We are no longer enemies of God. His death has placed us in a new position. Positional reconciliation has taken place forever.

What lies before is a "much more" being dispositionally saved in the realm of His indwelling life. The section on dispositional sanctification follows in the subsequent chapters 6 - 8.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 20:27
    Originally posted by sonship

He's not going to like this because it seems only to stress positional sanctification.
    But disposition ...[text shortened]... ling life. The section on dispositional sanctification follows in the subsequent chapters 6 - 8.
    Well ... continue in your sin then.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 12:37
    I dont know what law you are talking about as I have never referred to any law. I speak of the commandments of Christ. John speaking to the Christians saints said:

[i]1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. ...[text shortened]... Those who sin who are of the Devil.
    Again some love darkness and some love the Light of Christ
    You see Rajk, this is where you cause me to believe that you're just lying through your teeth and are only here to generate confusion, that you're not really a follower of Christ.

First you say, "Yet all you can do is to condemn the law and doctrine of Christ."

Then in the next breath you say, "I dont know what law you are talking about as I have never referred to any law."

Idiotic hypocrisy. You're a lousy liar.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 13:411 edit
    You see Rajk, this is where you cause me to believe that you're just lying through your teeth and are only here to generate confusion, that you're not really a follower of Christ.

First you say, [b]"Yet all you can do is to condemn the law and doctrine of Christ."

Then in the next breath you say, "I dont know what law you are talking about as I have never referred to any law."

Idiotic hypocrisy. You're a lousy liar.[/b]
    Its a simple matter: are you referring to the Law of Moses or the commandments of Christ?
    I cannot ever remember calling the teachings of Christ, laws.

I can understand why you are angry with me, and calling me all those names. I am showing you where your doctrine is a sham so I suggest you blame and focus your anger and bitterness on the church that preached that to you. If I were making nonsense posts you would simply ignore me but you know that I am not .. and it is bothering you.

In any event all will stand before God to be judged. You would not be able to blame anyone but yourself at that time.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 03:44
    Its a simple matter: are you referring to the Law of Moses or the commandments of Christ?
    I cannot ever remember calling the teachings of Christ, laws.

I can understand why you are angry with me, and calling me all those names. I am showing you where your doctrine is a sham so I suggest you blame and focus your anger and bitterness on the church that pre ...[text shortened]... stand before God to be judged. You would not be able to blame anyone but yourself at that time.
    "I can understand why you are angry with me,.."

Not angry with, or even at you.

So let's go to the next level.

Obviously we're not communicating. Let's break it down to simple basic fundamentals.

I leave it to you as to where to start.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 11:181 edit
    [b]"I can understand why you are angry with me,.."

Not angry with, or even at you.

So let's go to the next level.

Obviously we're not communicating. Let's break it down to simple basic fundamentals.

I leave it to you as to where to start.[/b]
    Start by understanding the purpose of the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 04:33
    Why don't you tell us. Was it to save everyone including non-believers?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 05:45
    So then, what was the purpose of the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ?

And by the way, what about His resurrection?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 11:261 edit
    So then, what was the purpose of the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ?

And by the way, what about His resurrection?
    The reason for death of Christ was first of all to reverse the sin of Adam [referred to as imputed or inherited sin or sin in the flesh] and also for SOME of the sins commuted by SOME of the people, not all.

The first reason is explained by Paul in Romans, 1 Corinthians and Hebrews in great detail. Adam disobeyed and sin entered the world, Christ died and reversed that, thereby giving people an OPPORTUNITY .. not a certainty, for eternal life... IF AND ONLY IF they obey his commandments.

Nobody gets eternal life by just saying that they believe in Christ and then continuing to ignore the teachings of Christ.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 08:45
    Nobody gets eternal life by just saying that they believe in Christ and then continuing to ignore the teachings of Christ.
    And nobody here has ever said that they do.

Why do you continue to insult, mischaracterize and misrepresent Christians?

Is it your hobby? Did a nun slap your hand too hard once?

Just stop lying about Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree