1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 23:562 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    ..1 Cor 3:14-15
    14 If anyone's work whi ol, 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
    NIV
    Lets take your 3 passages and see what they really say. 1 Cor 3 identifies 3 classes of Christian Saints or workers in the vineyard of Christ.

1. Good workers who will be rewarded [v14]
    2. Average workers who produce some good and some bad [v15]
    3. Bad workers who produce nothing but instead defile themselves [v 17]

The last group will be destroyed according to Paul in verse 17.

This corresponds exactly to what Jesus said. in the parable of the talents. Three types
    1. Good
    2 Average
    3 No Good

Group 3 is fit for nothing but to be burned.

Eternal guarantee is only for those Christians who please God with their good works. Not all born again will enter the Kingdom of God. Even those with Holy Spirit Gifts ...

IN FACT ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH THESE GIFTS ... THESE ARE IN MORE HOT WATER,

THe bible says that it is better if they did not know the way of righteousness in the first place, than to know it and continue with sin.

I see you like to boast of your gifts. This is not necessarly a good thing if you are not living a righteous life and following Christ commandments .. be careful.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 00:143 edits
    Heb 10:12-14
    12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
    NIV
    BUT ... read a few verses more .. it says:

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)

Those who are in Christ, Saints in Christ, those with the Holy Spirit,,, read carefully what happens if they continue to sin..... they will receive a punishment SORER THAN DEATH WITHOUT MERCY... because they have walked all over the Grace of God, Jesus Christ.

I hope for your sake you are in Group 1 and not in Group 3.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 00:25
    Eph 1:13-14

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
    NKJVNIV
    Last one. In Ephesians, Paul speaks of the assurance of eternal life and Yes of course some Christian Saints have that eternal assurance and guarantee. Not all. It is only those who are Group 1 Christians, the righteous ones, they ones who produce good fruit, the good seed, the sheep of Christ .. these follow His commandments, they hear his voice, and they will never perish.

Epheisans 5 .. read it.. Christian saints who live sinfully will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Do you want it any clearer?

So your 3 passages which say born again Christians have that guarantee is telling a different story .. you just dont read the whole thing.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 14:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Lets take your 3 passages and see what they really say. 1 Cor 3 identifies 3 classes of Christian Saints or workers in the vineyard of Christ.

1. Good workers who will be rewarded [v14]
    2. Average workers who produce some good and some bad [v15]
    3. Bad workers who produce nothing but instead defile themselves [v 17]

The last group will be destr ...[text shortened]... od thing if you are not living a righteous life and following Christ commandments .. be careful.
    This is called "selective" reasoning.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 14:49
    BUT ... read a few verses more .. it says:

[i]For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how ...[text shortened]... the Grace of God, Jesus Christ.

I hope for your sake you are in Group 1 and not in Group 3.
    Again, selective reasoning to fit your cult.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 14:50
    Last one. In Ephesians, Paul speaks of the assurance of eternal life and Yes of course some Christian Saints have that eternal assurance and guarantee. Not all. It is only those who are Group 1 Christians, the righteous ones, they ones who produce good fruit, the good seed, the sheep of Christ .. these follow His commandments, they hear his voice, and t ...[text shortened]... ristians have that guarantee is telling a different story .. you just dont read the whole thing.
    I give up, you are blind, hard hearted, legalistic and need help.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 15:15
    I give up, you are blind, hard hearted, legalistic and need help.
    Whatever pal.. have it your way. Remember what the Apostles are saying.

If you have been given everything, the truth, HS gifts, etc etc: and you trod underfoot the sacrifice of Christ by continuing with your sins [which you said you did], then you are going to be in for a sorer punishment than death. It appears that torment is for those like you.. sorry to say.

It is better if you did not know the way of righteousness in the first place. ... take heed the advice of the Apostles, because clearly you dont listen to Jesus.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 15:47
    Whatever pal.. have it your way. Remember what the Apostles are saying.

If you have been given everything, the truth, HS gifts, etc etc: and you trod underfoot the sacrifice of Christ by continuing with your sins [which you said you did], then you are going to be in for a sorer punishment than death. It appears that torment is for those like you.. sorry t ...[text shortened]... irst place. ... take heed the advice of the Apostles, because clearly you dont listen to Jesus.
    I cannot change who you are, nor do I want you to believe me. I just wish you had a little more depth and insight concerning the scriptures.
    I feel bad for people like you who live not knowing if you are saved nor will be saved. It is available for you to know now in this life. It is available to walk in love and confidence rejoicing in the Lord now, not waiting in suspense and fear.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 15:56
    I cannot change who you are, nor do I want you to believe me. I just wish you had a little more depth and insight concerning the scriptures.
    I feel bad for people like you who live not knowing if you are saved nor will be saved. It is available for you to know now in this life. It is available to walk in love and confidence rejoicing in the Lord now, not waiting in suspense and fear.
    Why would I want to change and start believing you? I believe what Jesus and the Apostles say. Here it is again:

Of course some have assurance of eternal life Those of faith who are righteous and who obey Christ. These are the elect of God, chosen from the foundation of the world.; These have that assurance. All Christians dont fall into that group

Your mistake is that you boast of your continued sin and unrighteousness. You are therefore not a Group 1 Christian. You seem to be the type that fall into the group that received everything from God but did not obey Christ. You have made Christ a minister of sin..

Your pity for me is in vain just like your confidence and rejoicing.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 15:571 edit
    My whole point in these posts are simply about believing God is faithful to what he has promised.
    If a born again person is guaranteed life like the bible says over and over, then who am I to argue with God?
    Now how a person lives after that, is another matter, but the guarantee is still there.
    God says what he means and means what he says. People who ...[text shortened]... aughs or cries, I'm not sure. It is just a sad way to live, with no confidence nor trusting God.
    Yes, I completely agree with you, God is faithful as He promised.
    My point is that He warns us of not deceiving ourselves, we serve God or sin.
    That list of good deeds done by people in Matthew 7 speaks to true and false Disciples.
    We are saved in Christ, not by Jesus+ something else.
    He cleans us of sin by His blood, and in Christ obeying Him we will never fall or be cast
    aside, because we are following His Spirit not our flesh.
    If you live a sinful life following the lusts of your flesh, having walked with God a short time
    does not mean you will avoid damnation. It will be worse for those that do that then those
    that never knew the Lord, because they were where they were supposed to be, and
    instead of walking out their lives in Christ they chose their flesh's lust instead.

God isn't insulted by this, He warns us over and over, telling us that if those that were first
    cut off the tree were done so, because of unbelief and sin, why do we think we can follow
    their example and not share their fate?
    In Christ we are saved, by His grace through faith, nothing can separate us from His love.
    I do believe you are born again, I have also been born again with the gifts of the Spirit,
    and I do not doubt for one second you are!
    Salvation is only in Jesus, it isn't following our sinful nature.
    The saddest part of all of this are those that don't know the joy of the Lord, He is the very
    best part of life period, and people settle for little ignoring God.

My favorite scripture in the whole Bible is Gen 15:1, where God tells Abram He is our
    great reward. There is nothing better than God, so why curse Him, why shun Him, why
    allow anything to stand between us and Him? No one is going to have an excuse worth
    having at the end.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 16:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That list of good deeds done by people in Matthew 7 speaks to true and false Disciples.
    He cleans us of sin by His blood, and in Christ obeying Him we will n ...[text shortened]... nything to stand between us and Him? No one is going to have an excuse worth
    having at the end.
    Of course God is faithful. People are not. God keeps his promise and his promise includes the destruction of the sinful, be it Christian or otherwise.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 19:12
    He cleans us of sin by His blood, and in Christ obeying Him we will n ...[text shortened]... nything to stand between us and Him? No one is going to have an excuse worth
    having at the end.
    If you live a sinful life following the lusts of your flesh, having walked with God a short time does not mean you will avoid damnation.
    That depends on whether that person received holy spirit or not. If he did, then no, there is no "damnation.
    If you don't believe that, then you cannot possibly believe God is faithful.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 19:451 edit
    [b]If you live a sinful life following the lusts of your flesh, having walked with God a short time does not mean you will avoid damnation.
    That depends on whether that person received holy spirit or not. If he did, then no, there is no "damnation.
    If you don't believe that, then you cannot possibly believe God is faithful.[/b]
    God is faithful!
    I believe Him when we are warned to not follow a sinful life. Do you think all of those warnings are meaningless?

Romans 11: 20-21 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 20:12
    God is faithful!
    I believe Him when we are warned to not follow a sinful life. Do you think all of those warnings are meaningless?

Romans 11: 20-21 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
    No, they are not meaningless. They are written to different people and different times.
    But of this you can be sure, a real Christian with incorruptible seed in him, filled with holy spirit is a son and cannot lose their salvation. They can only lose rewards and receive some form of punishment if they willfully sin, but not their eternal life or standing as a son.
    I think you are reading too much of Rajk's cult.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 20:12
    [b]If you live a sinful life following the lusts of your flesh, having walked with God a short time does not mean you will avoid damnation.
    If you don't believe that, then you cannot possibly believe God is faithful.[/b]
    Don't confuse someone who sins as someone who is living a sinful life. We can repent and
    ask God for forgiveness with a sin, a sinful life that isn't what is going on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree