1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He is wrong by 0.03 'alarmings'. Or is that within his margin of error?
    Amusing. How about this?

http://joannenova.com.au/2014/06/sea-level-rise-less-than-1mm-for-last-125-years-nils-axel-morner/
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Thermometers are often put in cities and airports that are "heat islands". Not the smartest way to measure temperatures. I think sea levels are the best way to gauge how much warming is actually taking place.
    Well I disagree. Sea levels are affected by many things, not just temperature. Taken on its own, sea levels are not a good indicator for global average temperature.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:481 edit
    Amusing. How about this?
    Nils‐Axel Mörner has a new paper out (his 589th). For 60 years he has been tracking the coastlines close to him, and carefully isolated the exact part which appears to be the most stable.

Sounds highly suspect to me.
    So he measured sea level rise on the part of the coastline that showed the least rise? Is that it?

And he was measuring rise relative to Sweden - and area known to be rising due to rebound from the last ice age.
    Why not measure global sea rise?
    And why cherry pick your scientist? Are you so not confident that you are correct, that you have to be so disingenuous?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:54
    Expecting English speaking people to translate Swedish is not the smartest way to convince us you have a point.
    Google Translate gives you a clue, does it not? Easy to see if the guy is reliable or not.
    I use translate whenever I want to read something in languages I don't know to read. Not to have an exact and faultless translation, but to have a clue what it is about.
    English speaking people are not stupid, they know how to use it.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:58
    Nils‐Axel Mörner has a new paper out (his 589th). For 60 years he has been tracking the coastlines close to him, and carefully isolated the exact part which appears to be the most stable.

Sounds highly suspect to me.
    So he measured sea level rise on the part of the coastline that showed the least rise? Is that it?

And he was measurin ...[text shortened]... r scientist? Are you so not confident that you are correct, that you have to be so disingenuous?
    He claims tectonic shifts cause a false appearance of sea level rise. I think he is saying that land sinks rather than sea levels rise in certain locations and that alarmists are the true cherry pickers of data.

What does the ice age have to do with it? Be more specific.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 20:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Google Translate gives you a clue, does it not? Easy to see if the guy is reliable or not.
    I use translate whenever I want to read something in languages I don't know to read. Not to have an exact and faultless translation, but to have a clue what it is about.
    English speaking people are not stupid, they know how to use it.
    Find something in English. Is that too hard for you? I have never given anyone on here links in a language other than English. Besides, the link you posted may not be a reliable source of information. If I posted a link in Korean would you be able to tell if it was not a pack of lies? Be reasonable.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 20:04
    He claims tectonic shifts cause a false appearance of sea level rise. I think he is saying that land sinks rather than sea levels rise in certain locations and that alarmists are the true cherry pickers of data.
    Well he sounds like a fool.

What does the ice age have to do with it? Be more specific.
    The northern parts of Europe were covered in glaciers. After they melted the land has been slowly rebounding.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 20:10
    If I posted a link in Korean would you be able to tell if it was not a pack of lies?
    I probably would.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 22:353 edits
    He claims tectonic shifts cause a false appearance of sea level rise.
    scientists, not being completely stupid as you make them out to be, obviously take into account tectonic shifts when they effect their measurements thus are not fooled by tectonic shifts. Tectonic shifts cannot possibly explain the thousands of independent measurements globally across the worlds oceans showing an overall global sea level rise thus global sea level rise is a scientific fact.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 03:56
    Find something in English. Is that too hard for you? I have never given anyone on here links in a language other than English. Besides, the link you posted may not be a reliable source of information. If I posted a link in Korean would you be able to tell if it was not a pack of lies? Be reasonable.
    Finding something reliable about Nils‐Axel Mörner in English? You are joking!
    Try yourself and see what you get...
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 05:05
    Well, it was you who quoted him in the OP, why don't you quote people whose work is available in English?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 06:194 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well, it was you who quoted him in the OP, why don't you quote people whose work is available in English?
    probably because if their work is available in English then we will see either they don't support Metal Brain's science-ignorant beliefs or they are pseudo-scientific fools. After all, that is what we always find when he DOES quote people whose work is available in English!
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '17 14:53
    Well he sounds like a fool.

[b]What does the ice age have to do with it? Be more specific.

The northern parts of Europe were covered in glaciers. After they melted the land has been slowly rebounding.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound[/b]
    People who said the Earth revolves around the sun sounded like fools at one time, so it doesn't mean anything. He might be wrong. I never said he was right. I even asked if he was wrong and by how much in my OP.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '17 14:55
    Originally posted by humy
    probably because if their work is available in English then we will see either they don't support Metal Brain's science-ignorant beliefs or they are pseudo-scientific fools. After all, that is what we always find when he DOES quote people whose work is available in English!
    Still assuming I see. Why are you so ignorant that you let assumptions get ahead of common sense? Didn't you read my OP?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '17 15:03
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    There are plenty of articles about him that are in English. Read and learn.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22633-leading-authority-on-sea-levels-disputes-study-asserting-sea-level-rise-is-fastest-in-27-centuries

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree