1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:31
    @very-rusty said
    What are you smoking? 😛

-VR
    I don't know if anyone knows my brand, but it's very expensive, and the best around, as just two puffs will take you all the way to the top. The highest of highs. I call it Socratic weed.

If you want to be a real mystic in this world, you can get there two ways. One way is to use pure intellect, if one has been freely gifted by the gods, and it's a sure way to get there. And the other is to use substances to help you get hip to mysticism. Substances are not free, and they come without a guarantee of ever getting there. But some find pleasure just trying to get there.

The Beatles had a song on it, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." And the Moody Blues followed with another song about it, but it was more in recognizing the person responsible for suggesting the possible creative 'side effects' derived by those 'diamonds.' We read that Timothy Leary became a prominent figure in the 1960s and 1970s for his research and advocacy on the THERAPEUTIC and PHILOSOPHICAL potential of psychedelic substances, including LSD. He conducted experiments with LSD and psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms, at Harvard University, exploring their effects on consciousness and behavior.

I'm a self-taught amateur mycologist, thanks to my inspired philosophical pursuits. But perhaps I'm overextending the term, amateur, regarding mycology. It's not all strictly philosophical interest, as I'm a glutton when it comes to edible wild fungi. I get wild ideas with certain ones.

After all, we have digressed from subscriptions to song lyrics. Perhaps you don't know that the Muses are the source of inspiration for all artists. Music is an art, and music involves chords. However, the Muses inspire what God relates to them. One must get really high to reach God's mind, through music. And Philosophy, True Philosophy, is the highest musical expression. Or better said, as the wisest philosopher put it, philosophy is the noblest and best of music.

Look at it this way. I'm just passing around 'what I'm smoking' in sharing my joint around here, like a good unselfish hippie would do. Take a hit if you care to. But please remember that I'm only speaking and smoking figuratively.

YouTube
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 22:06
    @pettytalk said
    I don't know if anyone knows my brand, but it's very expensive, and the best around, as just two puffs will take you all the way to the top. The highest of highs. I call it Socratic weed.

If you want to be a real mystic in this world, you can get there two ways. One way is to use pure intellect, if one has been freely gifted by the gods, and it's a sure way to get there ...[text shortened]... er that I'm only speaking and smoking figuratively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMA3LVi6Zg
    You may be giving away your age here. 🙂

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 15:01
    @very-rusty said
    You may be giving away your age here. 🙂

-VR
    And what's wrong with age? There are times when age does more good. Like scotch whiskey, where the older is the better, but it comes with higher costs, a drawback to age. Again, moderation is the best prescription for age too. Not too young, and not too old. Middle age is something that I would subscribe to, and stick with it, if time would only keep still.

While still 'smoking' my favorite weed, I can also tell you that we are all ageless, and priceless.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 15:181 edit
    @pettytalk said
    And what's wrong with age? There are times when age does more good. Like scotch whiskey, where the older is the better, but it comes with higher costs, a drawback to age. Again, moderation is the best prescription for age too. Not too young, and not too old. Middle age is something that I would subscribe to, and stick with it, if time would only keep still.

While still 'smoking' my favorite weed, I can also tell you that we are all ageless, and priceless.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. 🙂 😛

Your smoking weed does explain much though. 🙂

-VR
  5. northern utah
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 20:20
    @FMF
    doesn't want banned to return?

have been here almost 30 years under other names and emails.

been banned for four years from posting two times by mods who disagreed with my posts.

I remain, reinfeld.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 20:27
    @the-grifter said
    @FMF

been banned for four years from posting two times by mods who disagreed with my posts.

I remain, reinfeld.
    Oh yea reinfeld! I remember you from years back. You said what you wanted and people could like it or not, sometimes you may have pushed things a bit but got to give it to you, did speak your mind for sure.

-VR
  7. northern utah
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 20:372 edits
    the last appointment to the us. supreme court was a black woman who testified at appointment hearting that she could not say who a woman was but was still put on the Constitional Supreme Court ( you in England and Canada are not governed by such a law ) and said yesterday that the First Amendment ( our total restriction, total restriction on the government to put laws on free speech ) was "frustrating government".

what a legal fool.

what an ugly person.

Stalin would be proud.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 22:00
    @the-grifter said
    @FMF

I remain, reinfeld.
    I respect your resilience and adaptability 🫡
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 08:24
    @the-grifter said
    @FMF

I remain, reinfeld.
    Now it all becomes clear.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 08:26
    @the-grifter said
    the last appointment to the us. supreme court was a black woman who testified at appointment hearting that she could not say who a woman was but was still put on the Constitional Supreme Court ( you in England and Canada are not governed by such a law ) and said yesterday that the First Amendment ( our total restriction, total restriction on the government to put laws on ...[text shortened]... as "frustrating government".

what a legal fool.

what an ugly person.

Stalin would be proud.
    There is a forum for this, and this ain't it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 11:09
    @the-grifter said
    the last appointment to the us. supreme court was a black woman who testified at appointment hearting that she could not say who a woman was but was still put on the Constitional Supreme Court ( you in England and Canada are not governed by such a law ) and said yesterday that the First Amendment ( our total restriction, total restriction on the government to put laws on ...[text shortened]... as "frustrating government".

what a legal fool.

what an ugly person.

Stalin would be proud.
    Ugly is as ugly speaks.

I'm very tired of listening to white boys complaining when a black person gets some kind of recognition they could never get in a million years. It's not a 'death knell for America' or 'the end of the world as we know it'.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 11:58
    @suzianne said
    Ugly is as ugly speaks.

I'm very tired of listening to white boys complaining when a black person gets some kind of recognition they could never get in a million years. It's not a 'death knell for America' or 'the end of the world as we know it'.
    Racism is rife in the uk,sometimes hidden...but below the surface....pure fascism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree