1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 14:33
    Originally posted by Talem16
    Most of the time fails lol. I have not been in the forum since probably a few years !!! Still the same hehe thats why I love redhotpawn ! Over 10 years playing here
    Nice that you and many others have stuck around for a decade plus.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 20:18
    Originally posted by Talem16
    Most of the time fails lol. I have not been in the forum since probably a few years !!! Still the same hehe thats why I love redhotpawn ! Over 10 years playing here
    Talem,

Looks more like over 14 years to me according to your profile. 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:41
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Talem,

Looks more like over 14 years to me according to your profile. 😉

-VR
    Hmmmm. Such a STICKler.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:44
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Hmmmm. Such a STICKler.
    GBS,
    Yes, it is a weakness of mine. 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:26
    GBS,
    Yes, it is a weakness of mine. 😉

-VR
    Stickiness can be wonderful (like a sticky doughnut) or a curse (like 45 year old child who keeps coming back "home"😉. 😲🙄😀
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:34
    Stickiness can be wonderful (like a sticky doughnut) or a curse (like 45 year old child who keeps coming back "home"😉. 😲🙄😀
    Perhaps we should stick to the ways of the animals - after you move out, there is no coming back, you're on your own.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:39
    Originally posted by Torunn
    Perhaps we should stick to the ways of the animals - after you move out, there is no coming back, you're on your own.
    I agree. Maybe we should stick a sign on the door saying something like, "(insert name) we have moved away, good luck. Love Mum and Dad"
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:39
    GBS,
    Now, you can't say you don't like to see your 45 year old child. 😉

-VR
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:41
    GBS,
    Now, you can't say you don't like to see your 45 year old child. 😉

-VR
    As long as they don't move in. I would be very happy to see them (as I am/was with both), but they would not be allowed to move back in with me.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:45
    As long as they don't move in. I would be very happy to see them (as I am/was with both), but they would not be allowed to move back in with me.
    Neither of my kids is 45 or even near that and neither has stuck around, moving out since they started university low these 9 and 8 years ago.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:472 edits
    Neither of my kids is 45 or even near that and neither has stuck around, moving out since they started university low these 9 and 8 years ago.
    My daughters are 47 and 50 years old and, with some help from me financially and practically when they were younger, they have managed their lives on their own. They have learned from their mistakes just as I have.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 19:18
    My daughters are 47 and 50 years old and, with some help from me financially and practically when they were younger, they have managed their lives on their own. They have learned from their mistakes just as I have.
    That (learn from your mistakes) is a rule I have stuck to all my life and have instilled the same with my kids.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 22:51
    Torunn,
    I don't have to explain to you as you are older than I am that life is learning experience, which never stops.

Funny, when I was 16 - 17 I knew it all, now I realize I am still learning new things. I guess that would be called growing up & maturing.

-VR
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 07:491 edit
    Torunn,
    I don't have to explain to you as you are older than I am that life is learning experience, which never stops.

Funny, when I was 16 - 17 I knew it all, now I realize I am still learning new things. I guess that would be called growing up & maturing.

-VR
    That is all very true - and we must let our children learn and mature. Often we follow the examples of our parents in many ways - I did, my children still do and my grandchildren too. I can see in my family that leading by example works - not in fast way but eventually it shows.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 16:562 edits
    That is all very true - and we must let our children learn and mature. Often we follow the examples of our parents in many ways - I did, my children still do and my grandchildren too. I can see in my family that leading by example works - not in fast way but eventually it shows.
    I think I simply must learn when to hold my tongue. This thread should have witty replies, not like mine, so back to the topic. Ice Cold/ChessPraxis expected witty posts. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree