1. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:12
    Can someone call the ambulaps please? Super tasty but also super hot. Mouth is on fire.
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:13
    @congruent said
    Can someone call the ambulaps please? Super tasty but also super hot. Mouth is on fire.
    Drink milk
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:13
    @congruent said
    Ice water sir.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:23
    @congruent said
    Masticate a banana for longer than you usually would before swallowing it.
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:27
    @fmf said
    Masticate a banana for longer than you usually would before swallowing it.
    I have a feeling PettyTalk is going to come charging in.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 19:30
    @the-gravedigger said
    I have a feeling PettyTalk is going to come charging in.
    He's too late if he plans to mock my wife.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 23:57
    @fmf said
    He's too late if he plans to mock my wife.
    Turn up the gas extra high.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 23:59
    @suzianne said
    Turn up the gas extra high.
    It was just a bit of gallows humour that The Gravedigger and a few others here will have understood.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 00:05
    @fmf said
    It was just a bit of gallows humour that The Gravedigger and a few others here will have understood.
    Oh, I understood what you meant.

It's just that you have floated this idea on more than one occasion that people you don't like have said things about your wife. It seems like a "go-to" for you. People don't stand in line to say things about your wife.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 00:071 edit
    @suzianne said

It's just that you have floated this idea on more than one occasion that people you don't like have said things about your wife. It seems like a "go-to" for you. People don't stand in line to say things about your wife.

No. I don't think you do
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 01:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Ice water sir.
    Here in Indonesia, they say don't drink cold water [it offers only temporary relief and then the discomfort returns perhaps with a vengeance when it wears off]; instead, drink warm or hot water [because, while it may make it worse for a few seconds, when that wears off, there is a more permanent relief]. I haven't really tried it because I just reach for a banana.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 01:44
    @fmf said
    Here in Indonesia, they say don't drink cold water [it offers only temporary relief and then the discomfort returns perhaps with a vengeance when it wears off]; instead, drink warm or hot water [because, while it may make it worse for a few seconds, when that wears off, there is a more permanent relief]. I haven't really tried it because I just reach for a banana.
    I haven't really tried it because I just reach for a banana.

Actually, I have tried it in a way. If there is no banana available, my next recourse would be hot sweet Javanese tea.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 06:38
    @congruent said
    This is just chicken abuse, man.

Just like those damned "hot wings". Don't rub your eye after eating those, you'll regret it instantly.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 06:41
    @fmf said
    I haven't really tried it because I just reach for a banana.

Actually, I have tried it in a way. If there is no banana available, my next recourse would be hot sweet Javanese tea.
    Milk does work, being fat-based instead of water-based. Water does almost nothing to put out the fire.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 06:56
    @suzianne said
    Milk does work, being fat-based instead of water-based. Water does almost nothing to put out the fire.
    Hot sweet tea does. Maybe it's the kind of tea here? Or the sugar. I don't know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree