15 Mar '24 10:45

Removed by poster

2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 11:56
    @drewnogal removed their quoted post
    The boy was known to have mental problems and his dad bought him a gun. Somewhat irresponsible I would say.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 12:061 edit
    @the-gravedigger said
    The boy was known to have mental problems and his dad bought him a gun. Somewhat irresponsible I would say.
    I agree with that but shouldn’t the government also accept some responsibility? How can it be so easy to go out and buy your kid a gun? Seems that there is no law keeping firearms in a home in a locked cabinet?

Also I wonder if there was anyone supporting the family with his mental health problems? Kids of 15 are emotionally vulnerable and complex.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 12:13
    I’m wondering how they will manage parent/child visiting rights?

Ah ok, the parents wont count any more now they’re criminals.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 12:47
    @drewnogal said
    I agree with that but shouldn’t the government also accept some responsibility? How can it be so easy to go out and buy your kid a gun? Seems that there is no law keeping firearms in a home in a locked cabinet?

Also I wonder if there was anyone supporting the family with his mental health problems? Kids of 15 are emotionally vulnerable and complex.
    I think that not all states require the use of locked cabinets. Not sure re: Michigan.πŸ€”
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 12:57
    @great-big-stees said
    I think that not all states require the use of locked cabinets. Not sure re: Michigan.πŸ€”
    I'm somewhat surprised of that verdict - not that I think it is wrong, just that it actually happened. I have never seen anything like that in Sweden.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 13:392 edits
    @drewnogal said

He probably didn’t say “I’ve got a mentally disfunctioning child and I’d like that gun for him please”. Nor did the government pass a law saying “it’s ok to give your kids guns”

Also I wonder if there is any support for the families of the people his son murdered with the gun he gave him.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:241 edit
    @divegeester said
    He probably didn’t say “I’ve got a mentally disfunctioning child and I’d like that gun for him please”. Nor did the government pass a law saying “it’s ok to give your kids guns”

Also I wonder if there is any support for the families of the people his son murdered with the gun he gave him.
    Absolutely a good question. This should be asked of the gun lobby.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:44
    @suzianne said
    Don’t they just regurgitate the “second amendment”?πŸ€”
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 18:11
    Some day the police will come knocking on your door and lock you away for that chocolate bar your son stole in 1992.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 21:13
    @divegeester said

Of course not, it’s assumed that anyone who buys a gun is going to behave responsibly with it.

Tragic for the loss of four youngsters lives and the families of the deceased, I agree.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 21:15
    @suzianne said
    Agreed.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 21:19
    It is obvious to anyone who doesn’t live in America that Americans have a problem with guns, and that this court case is a bizarre way of trying to address it.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 21:343 edits
    I always thought kids were goats off spring?

a young goat.
    verb
    3rd person present: kids
    (of a goat) give birth.

Baby goats are called kids. Young females are called doelings, while young males are called bucklings. Birthing is called kidding. For those of us with any connection to agriculture, this knowledge is why we call our human offspring “children” rather than “kids.” (Although, we also call them “kids” sometimes).

I couldn't help myself and let this slip by. πŸ™‚
    LOL...@ the red thumbs to follow, some people can't handle the truth or reality of some things. πŸ™‚

-VR
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 21:452 edits
    @moonbus said
    It is obvious to anyone who doesn’t live in America that Americans have a problem with guns, and that this court case is a bizarre way of trying to address it.
    That’s what I thought.

We recently had an unusual situation here in the UK whereby the mother of a murdered girl initiated meeting with the mother of one of the two youngsters who killed her daughter. She said that they were both parents who had each lost a child.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree