1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 16:212 edits
    This topic usually divides people in two groups - those who like it and those who hate it, you seldom find people who are indifferent. There may be those too of course, but I don't know of any. I belong to the group of people who like it - I think it's smart shopping. I happen to dislike shopping and when I shop, I do it because I have to. And today I had to go to IKEA to get things I've been needing for some time. I had prepared a shopping list and I came home with twice as much, all things I really needed but had forgotten.
    There may not be any more posts in this thread - I just felt like saying it: I like IKEA!
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 16:32
    Originally posted by Torunn
    This topic usually divides people in two groups - those who like it and those who hate it, you hardly find people who are indifferent. There may be those too of course, but I don't know of any. I belong to the group of people who like it - I think it's smart shopping. I happen to dislike shopping and when I shop, I do it because I have to. And today I had to ...[text shortened]... ten.
    There may not be any more posts in this thread - I just felt like saying it: I like IKEA!
    I might be the odd one out. I am indifferent to IKEA.

My wife likes to shop there about once a year and we then go there and look a bit at furniture and a Long time at everything else...
    For me it is not important where I buy things as Long as I feel the Price to be okay for the Quality and the Quality suitable to the use case.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 17:17
    Only been in one once a couple of years ago. Found it interesting and difficult to find my way out of. Never been back and never think about going there so I guess I'm below indifferent but not a hater. πŸ™‚
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 18:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Only been in one once a couple of years ago. Found it interesting and difficult to find my way out of. Never been back and never think about going there so I guess I'm below indifferent but not a hater. πŸ™‚
    I like IKEA....once in a while.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 18:50
    Had ikea table sunce 1982
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 18:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I never did mange to find my way out. Been an IKEA resident for four years now and am growing tired of meatballs and watching fake televisions.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Had ikea table sunce 1982
    Amazing! For many decades Ikea represented very simple design and very cheap manufacture and it had a negative sound to its name. There has been a fantastic development since then and I'm very impressed with the founder Ingvar Kamprad. When I bought my first furniture as young mother mid 60's, Ikea was still generally unheard of, and I had to wait 6-8 weeks for my first couch which wasn't unusual at the time. Ikea has revolutionized the furniture industry and the way we create and equip our homes.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 19:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I never did mange to find my way out. Been an IKEA resident for four years now and am growing tired of meatballs and watching fake televisions.
    Like Tom Hanks in The Terminal... πŸ™‚
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:10
    This topic usually divides people in two groups - those who like it and those who hate it, you seldom find people who are indifferent. There may be those too of course, but I don't know of any. I belong to the group of people who like it - I think it's smart shopping. I happen to dislike shopping and when I shop, I do it because I have to. And today I had to ...[text shortened]... ten.
    I didn't realized IKEA was an acronym. I've also never been to IKEA.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:25
    Originally posted by vivify
    Whenever I go to IKEA to buy a shelf or a chair, I always seem to come out with a lamp and a novelty rug.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:27
    Putting the stuff together is like Lego for grown-ups.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    They have opened many Ikea-stores around the world, and you may live close to one without ever having been tempted or interested to have a closer look. The Ikea product range is for ordinary people - no sophistication or extravagance, basically the kind of things we need in our daily life, some with a Swedish or Scandinavian touch.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:33
    They have opened many Ikea-stores around the world, and you may live close to one without ever having been tempted or interested to have a closer look. The Ikea product range is for ordinary people - no sophistication or extravagance, basically the kind of things we need in our daily life, some with a Swedish or Scandinavian touch.
    Do you own IKEA? πŸ˜‰
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:37
    Whenever I go to IKEA to buy a shelf or a chair, I always seem to come out with a lamp and a novelty rug.
    I must need things in order to buy things there or anywhere - I can't just add any nice things to my home or buy for the sake of buying. So without a shopping list, I could spend hours there and still come out empty-handed.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:38
    Do you own IKEA? πŸ˜‰
    No, but I'm proud and impressed πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree