1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 13:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No degree of intellectual brilliance you think you possess justifies your frequent rude and boorish behavior. You are a troll.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 18:192 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 18:45
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    First of all, I regard my rather modest efforts to maintain at least a tolerable
    standard of intellectual honesty and scholarly awareness toward history as
    not necessarily a sign of 'intellectual brilliance' but simply as the least that
    any decent scholar should attempt to do. And I know it's rare in this forum,
    which tends to have abysmal levels of scholarly awareness.

My comments about Grampy Bobby--in particular about how he has been
    often criticized for mindlessly 'cutting-and-pasting' drivel in the Spirituality
    Forum--are *factually accurate*, as any *honest experienced reader* of
    that forum could attest. I could provide a list of such relevant criticisms,
    and I suspect that Grampy Bobby knows that I could quote diverse writers
    who have been *more critical* than I have been so far of him.

I note that Phranny has not written in the Spirituality Forum, as I recall,
    and she does not seem familiar with Grampy Bobby's posts there or how
    he tends to be regarded there. But her abysmal ignorance on various
    subjects has not prevented Phranny from mouthing off about them.

I have noticed that Phranny likes to express cocksure opinions on subjects
    about which she knows nothing. I can recall Phranny's absurd comment
    that Sweden has no military (I knew a Swede who was conscripted into it).
    I also can recall Phranny's extremely ignorant and misinformed posts in support
    of Israel, which seem largely motivated by her anti-Arab or anti-Muslim bias.
    I regard Phranny as an ignorant troll about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict,
    and I suspect that her apparent immersion in hasbara (Israeli propaganda)
    will deter her from learning otherwise from some Israeli Jewish historians
    (whom I already have recommended).

I am well-accustomed to having ignorant, prejudiced people here write insults
    or lies toward me--Phranny does not seem any different in that respect.
    I also would inform Phranny that in some cultures--even in Europe--it's
    considered normal and acceptable for men and women to engage passionately
    in arguments (even at the dinner table) in terms that many oversensitive
    ethnocentric Americans undoubtedly would consider 'rude and boorish'.
    Has Phranny ever attended a dinner party where French people, for instance,
    were arguing at length about political or cultural issues? Vive la difference!

And this is the Debates Forum. RHP has warned people this forum has 'potentially
    heated discussions'. "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Reveal Hidden Content
    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:00
    I seen it on youtube

Deleted scene from Apocalypse Now:
    YouTube
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 15:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [quote]Originally posted by [b]Duchess64
    First of all, I regard my rather modest efforts to maintain at least a tolerable
    standard of intellectual honesty and scholarly awareness toward history as
    not necessarily a sign of 'intellectual brilliance' but simply as the least that
    any decent scholar should attempt to do. And [b ...[text shortened]... ss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." ~Eleanor Roosevelt[/hidden][/b]
    Amazing! Duchess64 has the gall to critique another for what she made infamous, massive cut and paste with an absence of any intellectual content. Does she really believe the universe revolves around her at the center?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 03:30
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Amazing! Duchess64 has the gall to critique another for what she made infamous, massive cut and paste with an absence of any intellectual content. Does she really believe the universe revolves around her at the center?
    Sadly, yes (a curious contradiction along with an inordinate personality attack fixation). Symptoms of a lack of self esteem or identity loss? Less than unique, though, as there's stylistic synchronicity with FMF who seldom posts in the same forum.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 21:23
    Sadly, yes (a curious contradiction along with an inordinate personality attack fixation). Symptoms of a lack of self esteem or identity loss? Less than unique, though, as there's stylistic synchronicity with FMF who seldom posts in the same forum.
    I've heard the speculation about FMF, but don't see the similarity at all. Duchess64's chess rating is nearly 2200, and FMF's chess rating averaged 1400 but dropped to below 1100. Both have big egos, so I can't see one identity sacrificing so much, unless they are truly an example of multiple personality disorder, but that would not mean they couldn't participate in the same forum simultaneously.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 22:132 edits
    I've heard the speculation about FMF, but don't see the similarity at all. Duchess64's chess rating is nearly 2200, and FMF's chess rating averaged 1400 but dropped to below 1100. Both have big egos, so I can't see one identity sacrificing so much, unless they are truly an example of multiple personality disorder, but that would not mean they couldn't participate in the same forum simultaneously.

"I've heard the speculation about FMF, but don't see the similarity at all. Duchess64's chess rating is nearly 2200, and FMF's chess rating averaged 1400 but dropped to below 1100. Both have big egos, so I can't see one identity sacrificing so much, unless they are truly an example of multiple personality disorder, but that would not mean they couldn't participate in the same forum simultaneously."

"noun: synchronicity: 1. the simultaneous occurrence of events that appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection." Norm, comparative site chess ratings and the ranking disparity between them and the fact that @Duchess64 hasn't made a chess move in 574 days are inconsequential, with no bearing on the observation that a similarity of stylistic personal attack and gratuitous use of site nicknames, encapsulating tildes and asterisks exists. Think we agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree