1. Germany
    Moves
    18 Oct '14 07:54
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Rush was simply quoting Quammen, but of course the facts don't matter to the left.

I was looking at several monologues that Rush had about Ebola and I'm not finding the quotes that ThinkProgress is claiming he said. It would be nice if they could link to the transcript...everything Rush says is recorded and transcribed on his own website.

Still, Obam ...[text shortened]... nce in order to make it look like he's actually working, you know that's all it is, just a show.
    It would be highly undesirable do to "everything possible" to keep ebola out of the US.
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    18 Oct '14 08:14
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It would be highly undesirable do to "everything possible" to keep ebola out of the US.
    You forget, KN, that Fox have been putting this point of view forward again and again, so that their 'fan' base would have it top of mind. And we have seen the drones write it here on RHP, so we know it works. Nevermind that would highly undesirable to do so.
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 11:20
    lol, here we have two drones repeating the ridiculous notion that stopping people with Ebola from coming to the U.S. puts us all (in the U.S. ) in more danger (repeating the words of Obama and his precious little CDC Director)

Never mind that even other countries in Africa are banning travel from the Ebola hot spots. Heck, even the Europeans are doing so.

Obama's solution, bring more Ebola-infected "folks" over here to the U.S.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/10/obama-plans-let-ebola-infected-foreigners-u-s-treatment/

As yes, that'll do the trick all right. Ebola should be wiped out shortly after we do this
  4. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 11:22
    The only real skill the left possesses is solving problems that we don't have. As for the problems we do have, well...
  5. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 11:24
    But don't you guys ever worry about the fact that you agree with Rosie O'Donnel and Gwenyth Paltrow on absolutely everything? I mean, that's gotta be a little scary
  6. Germany
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 11:35
    But don't you guys ever worry about the fact that you agree with Rosie O'Donnel and Gwenyth Paltrow on absolutely everything? I mean, that's gotta be a little scary
    You are giving Rosie O'Donnell and Gwyneth Paltrow too much credit.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 11:571 edit
    Rush was simply quoting Quammen, but of course the facts don't matter to the left.

I was looking at several monologues that Rush had about Ebola and I'm not finding the quotes that ThinkProgress is claiming he said. It would be nice if they could link to the transcript...everything Rush says is recorded and transcribed on his own website.

Still, Obam ...[text shortened]... nce in order to make it look like he's actually working, you know that's all it is, just a show.
    Actually Rush conceded that Quammen didn't say that (no quoting), but insisted that is what the gist of his statement opposing a travel ban was.

You can read this article by Quammen and judge for yourselves:

http://time.com/3475106/ebola-country-borders-new-isolationsism/

EDIT: Rush: "He didn't say it in those words" at about 1:06 of the audio link in the article cited in the OP.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 19:14
    Why do you know what Rosie O'Donnel and Gwenyth Paltrow think politically?

It has never even crossed my mind to wonder what those peoples' political views are.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 19:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

It has never even crossed my mind to wonder what those peoples' political views are.
    The same reason they appear before Conrgress I suppose.

Apparently, those in Congress care more about what these baffoons think than the average American who give them only a 10% approval rating.
  10. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 09:531 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

I see and read a lot of stories about bubble headed celebrities... Paltrow hosts fund raisers for Obama at her home, so it's in the context of what she says at such events. In fact, Obama attends fund raisers hosted by Hollywood big-wigs quite frequently (for someone who unceasingly bashes the rich).

Low information voters get their cues from people like that. While I don't follow the personal lives of any Hollywood Celebs, their views and quotes are sometimes discussed on shows I watch and listen to, simply because the U.S. is so heavily into pop culture and a lot of voters get their news and opinions from there. That is, in fact, how Barack Obama got elected in the first place.

Six months ago, Rush joked about comedians (e.g. Jon Stewart) being the new journalists . Six months later, we find out that Meet the Press actually wanted Jon Stewart to become the permanent host. Reports are that Stewart could have written his own ticket.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/10/08/report-nbc-tried-to-hire-jon-stewart-to-host-meet-the-press/
  11. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 10:09
    Listening to Rush often gives you the news months or even years ahead of time.

Back in 2005, shortly after John Kerry was beaten in the 2004 election, Rush predicted that Hillary would not be the Democrat nominee in 2008. You can imagine what was said about that at the time. Lo and behold...

In 2008, while everyone else was in awe of how "cool" Barack Obama was, Rush pointed out that the guy is not "cool", he's "cold". He's the most narcissistic person ever to become POTUS. Six years later, an American is beheaded by ISIS. Obama makes a meaningless statement, and literally ten minutes later he's back on the golf course. Even the "reporters" who slavishly defended him all these years were shocked that a President could react that way after the beheading of a U.S. citizen...and they talked about how cold that was. There are a ton of other examples, but that was just perfect. Took them all six years to figure it out, but we knew it from day One.

Rush has also pointed out what turns out to be maybe the most brilliant (politically) strategy ever for re-election. Obama, from the first day of his Presidency, has literally NEVER allowed himself to be seen as governing, as actually being in charge of something (one exception was the killing of bin Laden, Obama was responsible for that of course). When the screw ups happen, Obama never knew about it until he read about it in the press, and boy, was he ever mad when he found out about it !!

Roll out of Obamacare web site? Obama had nothing to do with it. Why, he didn't even know there was a problem until after the roll out date and boy, was he ever mad!!

Again, there are countless examples of that M.O. It would never work if the press didn't cover for him, but he knows they will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree