1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 23:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Framers were careful in their language. People were endowed with "certain unalienable Rights". Governments, by contrast, "deriv[ed] their just powers from the consent of the governed". It's sloppy terminology to say that States have "rights" and the Framers would not have agreed.
    Rights and powers tend to overlap, one resulting in the other. Ok, I can live with powers, but it really doesn't change the argument. If that be the case, the Federal government has no rights either only powers given it by the Constitution, and its partners in power the States and the people.
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 04:07
    Originally posted by normbenign
    This argument has been brewing for a couple of decades. Now under the pretext of protecting an obscure species, BLM decides to send in an army of heavily armed cattle rustlers. Why now? Maybe because Harry Reids' son has a deal w/ the chinese for 5 billion for solar projects and the govt. wants to sell leases for fracking? Wake up sheeple. Better be an elite or start getting on the govt. dole.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 16:48
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    Harry Reid has been involved in a lot of questionable real estate deals in the past. Anything with his involved doesn't surprise me at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree