1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 May '15 23:082 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    Call me shallow if you will, but I'd rather live with a few less freedoms and be able to pay my bills, rather than live in a (so called) free country, with the economy of 2008. Thankfully, most other people feel this way too.

By the way...what precious freedoms have you lost under President Obama?
    Yeah, I know you don't mind giving up your freedom so that the government will pay your bills.

I choose freedom. I've always worked for my money anyhow.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 May '15 23:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The broadest measure of unemployment released by the US Department of Labor is the U6 unemployment rate, which is currently 11% and peaked at around 17% during the Great Recession. Where does your "between 15 and 20%" come from?
    It is a figure released by the department of labor, and includes those who are considered "out of the labor force" because they've used up all unemployment eligibility.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 May '15 23:57
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It is a figure released by the department of labor, and includes those who are considered "out of the labor force" because they've used up all unemployment eligibility.
    If you are out of work long enough the US government simply forgets that you even exist when it comes to counting the unemployed.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '15 06:44
    What does "it" refer to in your sentence?
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 May '15 08:32
    The economy of 2008 is sadly still with us, save for Wall Street, the bankers and autoworkers that Obama bailed out. Real unemployment is likely between 15 and 20%, and it's only the President's fat cats that are doing well., oh and union government workers.
    Norm...if you really believe this is still the economy of 2008, I have a bridge I'll sell you. Cheap!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 May '15 00:13
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What does "it" refer to in your sentence?
    The true unemployment rate. It's called the U6. Also causing unreported unemployment is the trend since Obama Care to make workers part time. Many have to work two or even three part time jobs to equal the income from the one full time job they lost.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 May '15 00:14
    Originally posted by bill718
    Norm...if you really believe this is still the economy of 2008, I have a bridge I'll sell you. Cheap!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Keep your bridge. I'm not buying that any more than the lie that this is a great economy. You know better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree