1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 11:042 edits
    Despite voter frustration with career politicians, the recent attack in France are causing many independent and swing voters to rethink their decision regarding an outsider for President. Donald Trump and Ben Carson, the two GOP frontrunners and the rest of the GOP field are under increasing pressure to answer complex foreign policy questions, and are struggling to do so. Will a lack of foreign policy knowledge derail the two GOP frontrunners, or will they be able to tap into enough voter anger to win back the White House for the GOP?

http://news.yahoo.com/paris-attacks-put-gop-outsiders-spot-084117899--election.html
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 11:162 edits
    The whole political system is designed for career politicians. Outsiders don't stand a chance.
    That is one reason why it would be better to have more decentralization and more focus on policies than on an individual.

The problem however is that the more democratic you get, the less people actually feel involved and the more work they have to put in. Most people are much happier with one vote every four years than real democracy which would required detailed discussion of policy issues and solutions rather than just negativity.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 14:34
    Originally posted by bill718
    Despite voter frustration with career politicians, the recent attack in France are causing many independent and swing voters to rethink their decision regarding an outsider for President. Donald Trump and Ben Carson, the two GOP frontrunners and the rest of the GOP field are under increasing pressure to answer complex foreign policy questions, and are strugg ...[text shortened]... GOP?

http://news.yahoo.com/paris-attacks-put-gop-outsiders-spot-084117899--election.html
    It is clear that Hillary Clinton's foreign policy while she was Secretary of State was a disaster. Obama was a first term senator with no foreign policy when he was elected President. He claims to have contained the JV team of ISIL, which most people can see is another one of his lies. The Republican insiders have done little if anything but talk to contain Obama dictatorship.

So I am willing to take a chance on an outsider that shows some real leadership qualities that says what most of us know to be true. There is one man that has no fear of being politically correct that has been right on his foreign policy statements in the past. Of course, we should all know that man is the one that says he will make a real border for the USA and make this country great again. If that is not plain enough, his name is Donald J. Trump. 😏
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 07:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is clear that Hillary Clinton's foreign policy while she was Secretary of State was a disaster. Obama was a first term senator with no foreign policy when he was elected President. He claims to have contained the JV team of ISIL, which most people can see is another one of his lies. The Republican insiders have done little if anything but talk to contain ...[text shortened]... and make this country great again. If that is not plain enough, his name is Donald J. Trump. 😏
    The Donald's worst nightmare is that he is actually elected President.

Obviously, the only really stupid people in this country are his supporters.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 07:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Donald's worst nightmare is that he is actually elected President.

Obviously, the only really stupid people in this country are his supporters.
    You forgot about me . . .

The Near Genius 😏
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 07:451 edit
    You forgot about me . . .

The Near Genius 😏
    No, you're solidly in the group of stupid people in America who are NOT rich, but who have surrendered their will to the Republican Party anyway. Have their promises come true yet? Are you rich like them yet?

No? I wonder why...
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 07:54
    No, you're solidly in the group of stupid people in America who are NOT rich, but who have surrendered their will to the Republican Party anyway. Have their promises come true yet? Are you rich like them yet?

No? I wonder why...
    You are mistaken. The Republican Party has never promised to make everyone rich. One has to work for that. The Republican Party has promised to make things favorable for the middle class by reducing our taxes and reducing government red tape. I am doing okay in retirement, but i retired before Obama could skrew it up.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 15:33
    Despite voter frustration with career politicians, the recent attack in France are causing many independent and swing voters to rethink their decision regarding an outsider for President. Donald Trump and Ben Carson, the two GOP frontrunners and the rest of the GOP field are under increasing pressure to answer complex foreign policy questions, and are strugg ...[text shortened]... GOP?

The GOP is undergoing a vetting process with primary elections, debates, and campaigning to inform the voting public of the candidate's qualifications.

On the other side, we have a virtual coronation of a person who has already proven to be totally incompetent as a Secretary of State, and complaisant over the years to all sorts of malpractice by her husband in both Arkansas and federal government offices.

Yes, maybe we do need an outsider, if the outsider is more morally and intellectually competent than the alternative.
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    19 Nov '15 16:58
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The GOP is undergoing a vetting process with primary elections, debates, and campaigning to inform the voting public of the candidate's qualifications.

On the other side, we have a virtual coronation of a person who has already proven to be totally incompetent as a Secretary of State, and complaisant over the years to all sorts of malpractice by her hu ...[text shortened]... an outsider, if the outsider is more morally and intellectually competent than the alternative.
    You may indeed argue Hillary's morals, but I would advise caution in the "intellectually competent" area. Hillary (regardless of what you think of her) is a smart lady. An honor student all through school, she graduated from Wellesley college as class president, and also graduated with honors from Yale Law school.

It's interesting that you throw all kinds of hateful remarks about Hillary with little evidence to back it up. I've watched Secretaries of State come and go for 40+ years, and Hillary seemed to be at least as good as the rest, regardless of partisan affiliation. As far as morals go, I followed The Donald's business affairs for many years now, and do not see where The Donald has cornered the market on morality. The Donald's business deals over the years are fraught with many examples of of legally questionable moves. Frankly, I don't see a massive moral difference between the two.

I would conclude your distaste for Hillary is more a product of your emotions, than of the facts.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '15 03:12
    You may indeed argue Hillary's morals, but I would advise caution in the "intellectually competent" area. Hillary (regardless of what you think of her) is a smart lady. An honor student all through school, she graduated from Wellesley college as class president, and also graduated with honors from Yale Law school.

It's interesting that you throw all kinds ...[text shortened]... would conclude your distaste for Hillary is more a product of your emotions, than of the facts.
    Even though Hillary Clinton says stupid things from time to time, it does not mean she is not intelligent. She must be intelligent to have lasted this long and gained such support to be able to skirt the law and stay out of prison.

However, I do see a big moral and legal differnce betwee Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. I believe the following two videos will partially demonstate the point.

Judge Jeanine: Hilliary Guilty and Cannot be President

Here are the facts:

YouTube

Judge Jeanine Pirro - One-On-One With Donald Trump

YouTube
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Nov '15 18:232 edits
    Even though Hillary Clinton says stupid things from time to time, it does not mean she is not intelligent. She must be intelligent to have lasted this long and gained such support to be able to skirt the law and stay out of prison.

However, I do see a big moral and legal differnce betwee Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. I believe the following two vide ...[text shortened]... youtube]

Judge Jeanine Pirro - One-On-One With Donald Trump

[youtube]NcOVgatjwE8[/youtube]
    You're going to have to stop swallowing everything this Judge Jeanine Pirro chick says, hook, line, and sinker. If you'd listened more carefully to her opening remarks, she said "if you listen to these remarks, I think you'll have to agree Hillary is guilty" This is nothing more than her opinion. Hillary has not been found guilty of anything in any court in the country, which carries far more weight (believe it or not) than the opinion of our cute little Judge Jeanine Pirro. I'll admit, Judge Jeanine Pirro has a hot little body, and no doubt looks even hotter in a string bikini, but her opinion carries no more official legal weight than that of a street sweeper.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 11:35
    You are mistaken. The Republican Party has never promised to make everyone rich. One has to work for that. The Republican Party has promised to make things favorable for the middle class by reducing our taxes and reducing government red tape. I am doing okay in retirement, but i retired before Obama could skrew it up.
    Everything the Republican Party does is to make corporations and those who are already rich even more rich. They don't give a good GD about the middle class. And yet millions in the middle class support them anyways. Now that is a great propaganda machine. Oh yeah, and millions of people too stupid to figure out they're being used.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 11:38
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Yes, maybe we do need an outsider, if the outsider is more morally and intellectually competent than the alternative.
    Well, that is not Trump or Carson. Go figure.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 12:30

When you have a foreign policy like the one Obama has had over the years, I'm not sure it could really get any worse bill.

I think Hillary is the one who should be concerned here, because she is part of the Obama foreign policy and, therefore, must defend the last 8 years, but at the same time, try to distance herself from the negative fall out from those 8 years.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 12:32
    Everything the Republican Party does is to make corporations and those who are already rich even more rich. They don't give a good GD about the middle class. And yet millions in the middle class support them anyways. Now that is a great propaganda machine. Oh yeah, and millions of people too stupid to figure out they're being used.
    Nothing has changed the last 8 years Suzy. If so, what? The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer.

This line of thinking is antiquated. Neither party gives a damn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree